Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: A Few Tech Questions
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers A Few Tech Questions Post 302155055 by porter on Wednesday 2nd of January 2008 09:33:26 PM
Old 01-02-2008
Personally I wouldn't trust Linux to read NTFS for any data I valued, not due to anything wrong with Linux per se, but because NTFS is a Microsoft owned format.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Homework & Coursework Questions

Print questions from a questions folder in a sequential order

1.) I am to write scripts that will be phasetest folder in the home directory. 2.) The folder should have a set-up,phase and display files I have written a small script which i used to check for the existing users and their password. What I need help with: I have a set of questions in a... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: moraks007
19 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Non tech question

Greetings folks, Experienced sys admin here. Seeing some trends in slim job opportunities here in Aus for Solaris and Linux admins. Heaps of jobs are there for software development work. I'd like to hear your thoughts and alternatives the other sys admins pursue. Thanks for your time. JJ (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ossupport55
1 Replies
NTFS.UTIL(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					      NTFS.UTIL(8)

NAME
ntfs.util -- NTFS file system utility SYNOPSIS
ntfs.util -k device ntfs.util -m device mountpoint mountflag1 mountflag2 mountflag3 mountflag4 ntfs.util -p device mountflag1 mountflag2 ntfs.util -u device mountpoint DESCRIPTION
The ntfs.util command supports the mounting, probing, and unmounting of NTFS file systems. Options: -k Get the UUID key for the NTFS file system at device. -m Mount the NTFS file system located on device onto mountpoint with the flags mountflag1 mountflag2 mountflag3 mountflag4. -p Probe the device for an NTFS file system using the flags mountflag1 mountflag2. If the probe is successful, i.e. the device contains a valid NTFS file system, its label is printed to the standard output stream. -u Unmount the NTFS file system located at device and mounted on mountpoint. The mountflags referenced above are: o mountflag1: removable or fixed o mountflag2: readonly or writeable o mountflag3: suid or nosuid o mountflag4: dev or nodev SEE ALSO
diskarbitrationd(8) mount_ntfs(8) HISTORY
This NTFS implementation first appeared in Mac OS X 10.5. AUTHORS
This NTFS implementation was written by Anton Altaparmakov <aia21@cantab.net>. Mac OS X October 22, 2006 Mac OS X