Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris 10 ISO
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 10 ISO Post 302154949 by porter on Wednesday 2nd of January 2008 02:42:32 PM
Old 01-02-2008
1. If you have problems with DVDs then consider using the CD images instead.

2. Do you need the 2nd DVD to get Solaris installed?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Tips and Tutorials

Mounting an ISO image on Solaris

Many software packages can be downloaded in the form of an ISO image. ISO images can also be created from CD and saved as ISO images: $ cat /dev/somecd > somename.iso Rather than burning the image to a CD-ROM to access its contents, it is easy to mount the image directly into the filesystem... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kduffin
0 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Burning ISO of Solaris 9

Hello, This is my first time setting up a Unix system, and I'm very excited to do so, but I'm run into some problems from the get go! I downloaded Solaris 9 (I specifically need this version of Unix, as I'm gunning for a better position in my company), and got a bz2 compressed image. I intend... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: skeet23
3 Replies

3. Solaris

solaris 8 and 9 iso

hi i downloaded solaris 8 and 9 iso from sun.com. i can mount it with winmount and i can see files. but when running it from vmware it won't boot. i even do it on physical server, it won't boot as well. what should i do to make this installation boot? thanks itik (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris ISO image

Hi All, Can anyone give me the lnik to download the iso image file Solaris 10 . I need to install it on my local machine . Pls help me out. VINU (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinuvinod
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Fresh install of solaris 10 using an ISO

Hi all Im rebuilding an 6800 domain with solaris 10. Server is located in a different town and cant be bothered to drive down and install a dvd into its drive. So, apart from jumpstarting it and using a local DVD, is there a way I can an ISO image to build a new client ?? eg. mount an ISO... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbk1972
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Install Solaris 10 by using the ISO file

Hi Gurus Recently i had download the ISO installer (sol-10-u8-ga-sparc-dvd.iso) for Solaris 10. And i ftp to a Server. May i know is it possible to install the Solaris by using this ISO file directly (not using network)? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
8 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 8 .iso download

Does anyone know where we can find Solaris 8 for SPARC? I managed only to find Solaris 10 on sun/oracle site :( (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: orange47
8 Replies

8. Solaris

solaris 10 update 10 8/11 dvd iso

Hi, I can not download iso file as it failed after downloading 1.1 or 1.2 gigs. I tried several times but each time it failed and the error messages like "File not found" or "Read error". My connection is stable (shown 32kbps and 18 hrs completion time) and I used jdownloader and flashgot... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectrum
10 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 iso CD available?

I'm starting a project to replace the boot drive on my Sparc 10 Ultra running Solaris 10. Apparently, to do this I will need to boot from cdrom after installing the new drive. I went to the Orcale download site but they only have a DVD ISO for Solaris 10. Unfortunately, my machine only has a CD... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michele31416
12 Replies

10. Solaris

How can I install Solaris 10 on an LDom using an iso?

Hello, I am trying to install Solaris 10 on a newly created LDom. Here are the commands I ran to create the LDom: ldm add-domain ldg2 ldm add-vcpu 8 ldg2 ldm add-memory 2g ldg2 ldm add-vnet vnet2 primary-vsw0 ldg2 ldm add-vdsdev /dev/dsk/c0t5000CCA01535E20Cd0s0 vol2@primary-vds0 ldm... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bstring
8 Replies
dvdbackup(1)						      General Commands Manual						      dvdbackup(1)

NAME
dvdbackup - Tool to backup DVDs SYNOPSIS
dvdbackup [OPTION]... DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the dvdbackup command. This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. dvdbackup is a tool to extract data from video DVDs. It has the advantages of being small, fast, and easy to use. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below. -h, --help print a brief usage message -V, --version print version information -I, --info for information about the DVD -M, --mirror backup the whole DVD -F, --feature backup the main feature of the DVD -T X, --titleset=X backup title set X -t X, --title=X backup title X -s X, --start=X backup from chapter X -e X, --end=X backup to chapter X -i DEVICE, --input=DEVICE where DEVICE is your DVD device. This switch only needs to be used if your DVD device node is not /dev/dvd -o DIRECTORY, --output=DIRECTORY where DIRECTORY is your backup target. If not given, the current working directory will be used. -v, --verbose print more information about progress -n NAME, --name=NAME (optional) set the title - useful if autodetection fails -a 0, --aspect=0 to get aspect ratio 4:3 instead of 16:9 if both are present -r {a,b,m}, --error={a,b,m} select read error handling: a=abort, b=skip block, m=skip multiple blocks (default) -p, --progress print progress information while copying VOBs Option notes -a is option to the -F switch and has no effect on other options -s and -e should preferably be used together with -t General backup information If your backup directory is /my/dvd/backup/dir/ specified with the -o flag, then dvdbackup will create a DVD-Video structure under /my/dvd/backup/dir/TITLE_NAME/VIDEO_TS. If the -o flag is omitted, the current directory is used. Since the title is "unique" you can use the same directory for all your DVD backups. If it happens to have a generic title dvdbackup will exit with a return value of 2, and you will need to specify a title name with the -n switch. dvdbackup will always mimic the original DVD-Video structure. Hence if you e.g. use the -M (mirror) you will get an exact duplicate of the original. This means that every file will have the same size as the original one. Likewise also for the -F and the -T switch. However the -t and (-t -s/-e) switch is a bit different the titles sectors will be written to the original file but not at the same offset as the original one since there may be gaps in the cell structure that we do not fill. EXAMPLES
dvdbackup -I gathers information about the DVD. /dev/dvd is the default device tried - you need to use -i if your device name is different. dvdbackup -M backups the whole DVD. This action creates a valid DVD-Video structure that can be burned to a DVD-/+R(W) with help of genisoimage. dvdbackup -F backups the main feature of the DVD. This action creates a valid DVD-Video structure of the feature title set. Note that this will not result in an image immediately watchable - you will need another program like dvdauthor to help construct the IFO files. dvdbackup defaults to get the 16:9 version of the main feature if a 4:3 is also present on the DVD. To get the 4:3 version use -a 0. dvdbackup makes it best to make a intelligent guess what is the main feature of the DVD - in case it fails please send a bug report. dvdbackup -T 2 backups the title set 2 i.e. all VTS_02_X.XXX files. This action creates a valid DVD-Video structure of the specified title set. Note that this will not result in an image immediately watchable - you will need another program like dvdauthor to help construct the IFO files. dvdbackup -t 1 backups the title 1. This action backups all cells that forms the specified title. Note that there can be sector gaps in between one cell and another. dvdbackup will backup all sectors that belongs to the title but will skip sectors that are not a part of the title. dvdbackup -t 1 -s 20 -e 25 This action will backup chapter 20 to 25 in title 1, as with the backup of a title there can be sector gaps between one chapter (cell) and on other. dvdbackup will backup all sectors that belongs to the title 1 chapter 20 to 25 but will skip sectors that are not a part of the title 1 chapter 20 to 25. To backup a single chapter e.g. chapter 20 do -s 20 -e 20. To backup from chapter 20 to the end chapter use only -s 20. To backup to chapter 20 from the first chapter use only -e 20. You can skip the -t switch and let the program guess the title although it is not recommended. If you specify a chapter that is higher than the last chapter of the title dvdbackup will truncate to the highest chapter of the title. EXIT STATUS
0 on success 1 on usage error 2 on title name error -1 on failure AUTHORS
dvdbackup was written by Olaf Beck <olaf_sc@yahoo.com>, but is now maintained by Benjamin Drung <benjamin.drung@gmail.com> and Stephen Gran <sgran@debian.org>. This manual page was written by Stephen Gran <sgran@debian.org>. 0.2 2008-03-18 dvdbackup(1)