Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help! Sun SPARCstation 10
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Help! Sun SPARCstation 10 Post 302154902 by cc9911 on Wednesday 2nd of January 2008 11:46:28 AM
Old 01-02-2008
How do I break?

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_rizzo
Can you confirm that there is a local disk installed?

Can you break to the OBP (stop-a or break from serial) and
From the ok> prompt what does
Code:
printenv boot-device

return?
How can I "break"? I tried hitting all combination of keys on the keyboard and I just can't seem to get out of that loop. The box does have local hard disc installed.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Lost password on a SPARCstation Voyager

Hi, I got hold of a SUN SPARCstation Voyager today, but I don't have the root password. I made a linux bootdisk and tried to sue that to edit the shadow file, but it comes up saying "magic number" (since it's not a UFS floppy). I haven't got any recovery disks for it, and no documentation. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: KWManiac
5 Replies

2. Solaris

SPARCstation 5 broadcasting

Hey guys...hopefully this will be a fairly easy one. I've got an old SPARCstation 5 running Sun 5.5.1 that I just hooked up to the network so that I can run HP OpenView. The box is working fine, but it is broadcasting as a boot server. In other words, when co-workers come in and get ready to log... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdunavent
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SPARCstation is broadcasting as boot server

Hey guys...hopefully this will be a fairly easy one. I've got an old SPARCstation 5 running Sun 5.5.1 that I just hooked up to the network so that I can run HP OpenView. The box is working fine, but it is broadcasting as a boot server. In other words, when co-workers come in and get ready to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdunavent
2 Replies

4. Solaris

SparcStation 20 Crashed. Doesn't boot.

I have sparc Station 20 which is crashed and doesn't boot from the OK prompt except gives me bunch of errors. How can i retrieve my data from the root drive before go for re-installation. This system has Veritas Volume manager on it don't know the version but assume its 2.xxx. Thanks -Adeel (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: deal732
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Configuring TP Ethernet in SPARCstation 5 Solaris 8

Hey. i have been trying to configure the on board Ethernet in My Sparcstation 5, i have spent a lot of time on the ifconfig man pages. but it could really be nice with some pro. help. i don't think the interface is running . i don't know what name the interface have, le0 eth0 et0, it just says no... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mads-nielsen
4 Replies

6. Solaris

help about time and date on sparcstation

Hi all, I have one problem on my sparcstation20, time stops when I turn off my station, where is the problem? do u think is the NVRAM is crashed? ( for example, I turn off my station at 11:00, when I turn on the next day, I found time on 22:20)!!! please help me thank's for All (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: reda_lui
9 Replies

7. Solaris

SPARCSTATION 20 - No Video

I apologize in advance that this is probably more of a hardware question than a unix/software one. I've got a seemingly brand-new sparcstation 20 that came with 2 memory modules and that's about it. I've added a new 2 GB HDD and a VSIMM Onboard SX Graphics module. So, I assume with the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ErikTheHAck
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

remote use of a sparcstation

I am away from my Unix sparcstation and need to work on it remotely via a PC. I can open a PuTTy window and execute line commands. But I've forgotten how to be able to work on a graphical program, like xfig. I know there are some commands to enable this, but can't remember them. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: leveson
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Booting a Sparcstation 5 with dead HD

We have an ancient Sparcstation 5 for those few clients that still run SunOS or Solaris. After the last power outage (4 years ago?) we never turned it back on. It had been making some unpleasant noises back then, too. Now we need it again and it won't boot. The machine came with one hard... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jrynd
4 Replies

10. Hardware

SparcStation 20 emulator

Hello, Just wanted to let interested people know that we've recently released a Linux freeware version of SparcStation 20 emulator. It emulates SS20 with some basic peripherals: a single SPARC V8 32bit CPU, up to 512MB RAM, an NCR53C94 SCSI controller, 2 serial lines, disks, a network adapter,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Thlan
7 Replies
break(1)                                                           User Commands                                                          break(1)

NAME
break, continue - shell built-in functions to escape from or advance within a controlling while, for, foreach, or until loop SYNOPSIS
sh break [n] continue [n] csh break continue ksh *break [n] *continue [n] DESCRIPTION
sh The break utility exits from the enclosing for or while loop, if any. If n is specified, break n levels. The continue utility resumes the next iteration of the enclosing for or while loop. If n is specified, resume at the n-th enclosing loop. csh The break utility resumes execution after the end of the nearest enclosing foreach or while loop. The remaining commands on the current line are executed. This allows multilevel breaks to be written as a list of break commands, all on one line. The continue utility continues execution of the next iteration of the nearest enclosing while or foreach loop. ksh The break utility exits from the enclosed for, while, until, or select loop, if any. If n is specified, then break n levels. If n is greater than the number of enclosing loops, the outermost enclosing loop shall be exited. The continue utility resumes the next iteration of the enclosed for, while, until, or select loop. If n is specified then resume at the n- th enclosed loop. If n is greater than the number of enclosing loops, the outermost enclosing loop shall be used. On this man page, ksh(1) commands that are preceded by one or two * (asterisks) are treated specially in the following ways: 1. Variable assignment lists preceding the command remain in effect when the command completes. 2. I/O redirections are processed after variable assignments. 3. Errors cause a script that contains them to abort. 4. Words that follow a command preceded by ** that are in the format of a variable assignment are expanded with the same rules as a vari- able assignment. This means that tilde substitution is performed after the = sign, and also that word splitting and file name genera- tion are not performed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), exit(1), ksh(1), sh( 1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 17 Jul 2002 break(1)