Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: A Few Tech Questions
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers A Few Tech Questions Post 302154863 by Kantong on Wednesday 2nd of January 2008 07:56:46 AM
Old 01-02-2008
A Few Tech Questions

Ok, well I am very new to linux, with bugger all experience.

i currently have 2 problems...

1) I have a Western Digital 500gb Sata2 HDD with a NTFS file format on there; but i am getting an error message that says 'file system NFTS is not supported by your system.' Will i have to put a new format on there? Or is there a way that am i able to change that?
(If the need be to format, how can i create a backup of the data that is currently stored on there?)

2) Try as I might, I have been unable to get sound working through my computer, any suggestions would be great!

If anyone would be able to help, that would be much appreciated Smilie

Chearz in advance
Kantong

Last edited by Kantong; 01-02-2008 at 10:00 AM..

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Homework & Coursework Questions

Print questions from a questions folder in a sequential order

1.) I am to write scripts that will be phasetest folder in the home directory. 2.) The folder should have a set-up,phase and display files I have written a small script which i used to check for the existing users and their password. What I need help with: I have a set of questions in a... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: moraks007
19 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Non tech question

Greetings folks, Experienced sys admin here. Seeing some trends in slim job opportunities here in Aus for Solaris and Linux admins. Heaps of jobs are there for software development work. I'd like to hear your thoughts and alternatives the other sys admins pursue. Thanks for your time. JJ (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ossupport55
1 Replies
SSH-COPY-ID(1)						      General Commands Manual						    SSH-COPY-ID(1)

NAME
ssh-copy-id - install your public key in a remote machine's authorized_keys SYNOPSIS
ssh-copy-id [-i [identity_file]] [user@]machine DESCRIPTION
ssh-copy-id is a script that uses ssh to log into a remote machine and append the indicated identity file to that machine's ~/.ssh/autho- rized_keys file. If the -i option is given then the identity file (defaults to ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub) is used, regardless of whether there are any keys in your ssh-agent. Otherwise, if this: ssh-add -L provides any output, it uses that in preference to the identity file. If the -i option is used, or the ssh-add produced no output, then it uses the contents of the identity file. Once it has one or more fin- gerprints (by whatever means) it uses ssh to append them to ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on the remote machine (creating the file, and directory, if necessary.) NOTES
This program does not modify the permissions of any pre-existing files or directories. Therefore, if the remote sshd has StrictModes set in its configuration, then the user's home, ~/.ssh folder, and ~/.ssh/authorized_keys file may need to have group writability disabled manu- ally, e.g. via chmod go-w ~ ~/.ssh ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on the remote machine. SEE ALSO
ssh(1), ssh-agent(1), sshd(8) OpenSSH 14 November 1999 SSH-COPY-ID(1)