Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to execute the rest of the code after commenting multiple lines? Post 302154814 by Yamini Thoppen on Wednesday 2nd of January 2008 02:01:36 AM
Old 01-02-2008
sorry ..Typing mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by porter
Your quotes are open.
Hi DRL

This is my mistake.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to execute rest of the script after the file is ready ...

Hi All I have a requirement like, where a file gets generated in a particular dir and once the file is ready and available then I want to execute rest of the script, because untill and unless the file exists and is available there is no use of running rest of the commands in that script. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaha
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Commenting lines

How to comment a set of lines in a script? we use # to comment a single line , is there ant other cmd to comment a block? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rolex.mp
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Commenting lines

Hi can any body pls help me : I have a file Which Content is like following: p3:s1234:powerfail:/usr/sbin/shutdown -y -i5 -g0 >/dev/msglog 2<>/dev/msglog ca:3:respawn:/opt/GoldWing/currentPM/local/critagt > /dev/msglog 2<>/dev/msglog ca:3:respawn:/opt/GoldWing/currentPM/local/startcia.sh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aditya.Gurgaon
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How get only required lines & delete the rest of the lines in file

Hiiii I have a file which contains huge data as a.dat: PDE 1990 1 9 18 51 28.90 24.7500 95.2800 118.0 6.1 0.0 BURMA event name: 010990D time shift: 7.3000 half duration: 5.0000 latitude: 24.4200 longitude: 94.9500 depth: 129.6000 Mrr: ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: reva
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

commenting out lines between two delimiters

Hi All, I am struggling to get my head around the following issue. I am having to comment out lines between two delimiters by placing an asterix in position 7 but retain all lines in the file and in the same order. so for example a file containing: ... ... DELIM1 ... ... DELIM2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bruble
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Commenting lines in Shell script

Hi All, I know we can comment by using "#" .... I want to know... is there any way to comment a whole big script easily.... In a file i need to comment more than 15 lines ........ and check the script and un comment back. I am learning VI now so its taking lot of time to comment and un... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: firestar
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Commenting multiple lines

Hi, Can anyone let me know how to comment multiple lines in VI editor? Many thanks. Regards, Venkat. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatesht
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl: Help with commenting out specific lines

Hi I'm trying to comment out specific lines from /etc/fstab file, for simplicity I'm trying to use perl one liner but it errors out, Below is the Perl oneliner I'm using, perl -wlp -i -e 'BEGIN{$flag=0}if (!/root/) && (!/boot/) && (!/tmpfs/) ) {$flag =1;} elsif (/^$/) {$flag=0} if ($flag)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbak
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Commenting Multiple lines using Shell Script

I have an xml file which has following code : <abc-ref> <abc-name>abc.efg.hij.klm</abc-name> </abc-ref> I want to comment this whole section out and I have written the following script : (where "hij" is unique string in the file) TEMPFILE=replaceYY.tmp file=hello.xml sed -n... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dish
6 Replies

10. Web Development

Javascript to check field is empty then execute rest of script

I have found this bit of code that nearly does what I want. Basically 3 input fields, I want to copy t2 to t3 as it's typed but only if t1 contains data AND t3 is empty: <input type="text" id="t1" /> <input type="text" id="t2" /> <input type="text" id="t3" /> <script> var t2 =... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: barrydocks
4 Replies
logcheck-test(1)					      General Commands Manual						  logcheck-test(1)

NAME
logcheck-test - test new logcheck rules easily SYNOPSIS
logcheck-test [-q|-i] [-a|-s|-l FILE] [-e] [-P PREFIX] [-S SUFFIX] RULE logcheck-test [-q|-i] [-a|-s|-l FILE] -r RULEFILE DESCRIPTION
logcheck-test parses a log file for matching lines specified by a single rule or a rule file. If using a single RULE you can set a PREFIX and a SUFFIX to write new rules easily. OPTIONS
-h, --help Show usage information -a, --auth.log Parse /var/log/auth.log for matching lines -s, --syslog Parse /var/log/syslog for matching lines -l, --log-file FILE Parse FILE for matching lines -i, --invert-match Show line that don't match the RULE or the RULEFILE -q, --quiet Suppress rule summary at the end of output -e, --surround-rule Surround RULE with standard prefix and suffix: ^[[:alpha:]]{3} [ :[:digit:]]{11} [._[:alnum:]-]+ RULE$ -P, --append-prefix PREFIX Append PREFIX to rule prefix. Option can be given multiple times -S, --prepend-suffix SUFFIX Prepend SUFFIX to rule suffix. Option can be given multiple times -r, --rule-file RULEFILE Use file RULEFILE for rule input EXAMPLES
With logcheck-test you can easily write and test new rules. Test a single rule against /var/log/syslog: logcheck-test -s "RULE" Test a single rule against ~/log, surround the rule with standard prefix and suffix and append "kernel " to prefix: logcheck-test -l ~/log -e -P "kernel " "RULE" Test the rules in rulefiles/linux/ignore.d.server/kernel against ~/log: logcheck-test -l ~/log -r rulefiles/linux/ignore.d.server/kernel Test which lines the rules in rulefiles/linux/ignore.d.server/kernel doesn't match: logcheck-test -l ~/log -r rulefiles/linux/ignore.d.server/kernel -i EXIT STATUS
On successful matching logcheck-test will complete with exit code 0. An exit code of 1 indicates no successful matching. An exit code greater then 1 indicates an error occurred. Textual errors are written to the standard error stream. SEE ALSO
logcheck(8) AUTHOR
logcheck is developed by Debian logcheck Team at alioth: http://alioth.debian.org/projects/logcheck/. This manual was written by Hannes von Haugwitz <hannes@vonhaugwitz.com>. Feb 19, 2010 logcheck-test(1)