Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: regarding internal modems
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions regarding internal modems Post 302154508 by rajas1982 on Sunday 30th of December 2007 11:14:18 PM
Old 12-31-2007
Hi reborg

All the drivers for the second modem is installed and I was able to call through the second modem using AT commands. Though the line gets connected I dont receive the connect message

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how internal modem on pc

Would anyone know how to mount an internal modem on Solaris on PC? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: softarch
7 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Win-modems

Does anyone know of the where abouts of a Win-Modem Driver for linux ? Ifyou do PLEASE give me the URL because i need one badly (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JeZzTeR
1 Replies

3. Linux

Linux & Internal Modems

Hello There! Why is it so difficult (read: impossible) to configure and run an internal modem in linux operating system. Not all can afford an external modem and hardware modems are obsolete as well as out of production. Is it impossible to write software drivers for an internal modem to work... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jawwad
6 Replies

4. SuSE

Linux & External USB Modems

Hello There, I can understand that this is a classic problem with linux that it does not support even the hardware external modems. I have recently tried a USR External USB v 92 Modem (Model USR 5636). It has got its own DSP @56 Mhz, flash ram of 256 KBs and a EEPROM for upgrading the firmware.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jawwad
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hdisk0 internal

goodpeople, have a corrupt boot volume and systems keep's on crashing with it. suspecting drive is bad. question is how does one determine which of the 5 internal drives I have in my cage is hdisk0 any help would be appreciated Thnx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Student37
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Forwarding internal internet packets to internal webserver using iptables

Hi, I need to redirect internal internet requests to a auth client site siting on the gateway. Currently users that are authenticated to access the internet have there mac address listed in the FORWARD chain. All other users need to be redirected to a internal site for authentication. Can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mshindo
1 Replies

7. AIX

Internal error

Dear experts, please inform when i am trying to use dbx to debug my code, iam getting following error: internal error: expected member attribute 's', 'p', 'r' or 'b', found... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vin_pll
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Internal variable

i have a file named (Loop) that contains numbers separated by pipelines e.g. : 521|55 545|564 . . . and another file named (search) that contains numbers e.g.: 99999777|332|332 31215648|458|764 when i run this Script: nawk 'BEGIN{FS="|"} NR==FNR{a= $1"|"$2"|";next} a{print... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guardianangel
2 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

Modems still in operation?

Does anyone still use modems for anything? Every now and then I see a web site that offers low res video for dial-up users. I wonder if any dial-up users still exist. But even if you have a wide band Internet connection,you might still use a modem for something else. For the purposes of this... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
13 Replies
UMODEM(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						 UMODEM(4)

NAME
umodem -- USB modem support SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device umodem device ucom Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): umodem_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The umodem driver provides support for USB modems in the Communication Device Class using the Abstract Control Model. These modems are basi- cally standard serial line modems, but they are accessed via USB instead. They support a regular AT command set. The commands can either be multiplexed with the data stream or handled through separate pipes. In the latter case the AT commands have to be given on a device separate from the data device. The device is accessed through the ucom(4) driver which makes it behave like a tty(4). HARDWARE
Devices supported by the umodem driver include: o 3Com 5605 o Curitel PC5740 Wireless Modem o Kyocera AH-K3001V Mobile Phone(WILLCOM) o Kyocera WX320K Mobile Phone(WILLCOM) o Metricom Ricochet GS USB wireless modem o Sierra MC5720 Wireless Modem o Yamaha Broadband Wireless Router RTW65b o ELSA MicroLink 56k USB modem o Sony Ericsson W810i phone SEE ALSO
tty(4), ucom(4), usb(4) HISTORY
The umodem driver appeared in NetBSD 1.5. This manual page was adopted from NetBSD by Tom Rhodes <trhodes@FreeBSD.org> in April 2002. BUGS
Only modems with multiplexed commands and data are supported at the moment. BSD
November 22, 2006 BSD