Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mac telnet to SGI??
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Mac telnet to SGI?? Post 302154366 by olifu02 on Saturday 29th of December 2007 04:22:30 PM
Old 12-29-2007
Mac telnet to SGI??

I have a macbook and am trying to telnet to an SGI to start some calculations while i am away from the SGI...anyways is there a way i can start the calcuation and keep it going without having to have my terminal open and telnet connection to the SGI the whole time? Thanks in advance.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Connecting SGI to Windows PC

I am trying to network an SGI running Irix 6.5 through an ethernet line to a PC running Windows 2000 (I have connected other PC's to this PC without any problems.) The PC has a DSL connection from Verizon that does not support Unix. I tried using DHCP on the SGI, but when I open a web browser on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mdbanas
2 Replies

2. IP Networking

sgi 6.5 to windows nt

could anyone tell me how to network an sgi octane to a windows based machine. i am able to get internet access but the machines do not see each other on the network. thanks :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: loleeg
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

linux and irix on sgi

I have an SGI Indigo2 which I bought off of ebay. It has Irix 6.5.15, but I am really not happy with this architecture and the proprietariness of SGI. I have two hard drives. Is it possible to install Redhat Linux on the second drive and run it on the Indigo2? I used Unix in college a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mdbanas
2 Replies

4. IP Networking

Network Card with SGI

The Octane is driving me nuts . It was sitting on the network doing its job nicely and i had to pull the n/w cable out from the wall to pull it from the inside of the table and connected it again . The logs show this -- link down .... < when i pulled it out > link ok < when i connected > But... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DPAI
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

IRIX (SGI) question

How to change icon of my application (say script file) in IRIX icon view. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kosta_mirkin
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SGI tag command

tag command works only on executables and shell scripts. How can I convert text file to shell script so I could apply "tag" command. "chmod" and "/bin/sh" dont help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kosta_mirkin
2 Replies

7. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

my sgi system doesn't come up

:( Hi there, I have an O2 sgi and the other day when I was restarting the system it didn't come up. The error message is: unable to open "si(0)disk(2)rdisk(0)partition(0)": no such device I was assuming a hardware problem, but not for sure. Is there any one who could kindly tell me what... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siavoush
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I have a SGI Impact 10,000 what should i do with it?

I have one of these machines i just aquired. http://www.sgi.com/products/legacy/p...go2_indigo.pdf What should i do with it id love to configure a OS on it but im a noob to unix. I want to be able to configure the OS then be able to ssh (think thats what iots called) into it and learn how to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: VenomXt
0 Replies
img-sgi(n)																img-sgi(n)

NAME
img-sgi - Img, SGI Native Format (sgi) SYNOPSIS
package require Tk package require img::sgi ?1.3? image create photo ?name? ?options? DESCRIPTION
The package img::sgi is a sub-package of Img. It can be loaded as a part of the complete Img support, via package require Img, or on its own, via package require img::sgi. Like all packages of Img it does not provide new commands, but extends the existing Tk command image so that it supports files containing raster images in the SGI Native Format (sgi). More specifically img::sgi extends Tk's photo image type. The name of the new format handler is sgi. This handler provides new additional configuration options. See section SGI OPTIONS for more detailed explanations. All of the above means that in a call like image create photo ?name? ?options? [1] Image data in sgi format (options -data and -file) is detected automatically. [2] The format name sgi is recognized by the option -format. In addition the value for the option is treated as list and may contain any of the special options listed in section SGI OPTIONS. SUPPORTED SGI TYPES
24-bit pixels: True-color (RGB, each channel 8 bit). 32-bit pixels: True-color with alpha channel (RGBA, each channel 8 bit). 48-bit pixels: True-color (RGB, each channel 16 bit). 64-bit pixels: True-color with alpha channel (RGBA, each channel 16 bit). List of currently supported features: Type | Read | Write | | -file | -data | -file | -data | ---------------------------------------- 24-bit | Yes | Yes* | Yes | Yes* | 32-bit | Yes | Yes* | Yes | Yes* | 48-bit | Yes | Yes* | No | No | 64-bit | Yes | Yes* | No | No | *: Implemented by reading/writing from/to a temporary file. This will be slow for larger images. All images types may be either uncompressed or run-length encoded. SGI OPTIONS
The handler provides the following options: -verbose bool This option is supported for reading and writing. If set to true, additional information about the loaded/stored image is printed to stdout. Default is false. -compression type This option is supported for writing only. Set the compression mode to either none or rle. Default is rle. -matte bool This option is supported for reading and writing. If set to false, a matte (alpha) channel is ignored during reading or writing. Default is true. SEE ALSO
img-bmp, img-gif, img-ico, img-intro, img-jpeg, img-pcx, img-pixmap, img-png, img-ppm, img-ps, img-sgi, img-sun, img-tga, img-tiff, img- window, img-xbm, img-xpm KEYWORDS
image handling, sgi, tk COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1995-2003 Jan Nijtmans <nijtmans@users.sourceforge.com> Img 1.3 img-sgi(n)