Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: splashy starting up error
Operating Systems Linux splashy starting up error Post 302154342 by dave123 on Saturday 29th of December 2007 09:48:52 AM
Old 12-29-2007
Ok i have solve the rpm build error bb instaed of ba if only getting splashy to work, its been 2 days now of googling etc im out of ideas

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Docbase starting Error

Hi All, I am trying to start the docbase but i am getting the following error-: $ ./dm_start_ncsglorbiprd00 interpreter "/bin/sh" not found file link resolves to "/usr/bin/sh" sh: ./dm_start_ncsglorbiprd00: not found. Can anyone please help me in this regard. Thanks in advance ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Divyac
0 Replies

2. Linux

Splashy works in Fedora except progress bar

Hello everyone, i really hope someone can help, or suggest something. I have succesfully installed splashy in fedora 8 :)(even made rpms) however i cannot get the progress bar to work properly:(, i believe it is working a bit because it flickers a bit in the progressbar place initially,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dave123
1 Replies

3. Slackware

I/O Error on starting firefox

I was trying to open the port for my ftp end also I´ve triedto start firefox and so i received the following error: Input / Output Error. When i try to start that one in console i receive the following: No Protocol Especified No Protocol Especified Error: Cannot open display: :0,0 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: darkpirate
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to grep a line not starting with # from a file (there are two lines starting with # and normal)?

e.g. File name: File.txt cat File.txt Result: #INBOUND_QUEUE=FAQ1 INBOUND_QUEUE=FAQ2 I want to get the value for one which is not commented out. Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanu
3 Replies

5. HP-UX

Error when starting apache

Due to an activity scheduled on the server, I had stop the apache process and then restart when the activity completed. The activity started at 9am and ended around 9 pm. To list the apache processes that were running on the server before I stopped it, I used ps -ef | grep apache, and these were... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
11 Replies
MAKEDELTARPM(8) 					      System Manager's Manual						   MAKEDELTARPM(8)

NAME
makedeltarpm - create a deltarpm from two rpms SYNOPSIS
makedeltarpm [-v] [-V version] [-z compression] [-m mbytes] [-s seqfile] [-r] [-u] oldrpm newrpm deltarpm makedeltarpm [-v] [-V version] [-z compression] [-s seqfile] [-u] -p oldrpmprint oldpatchrpm oldrpm newrpm deltarpm DESCRIPTION
makedeltarpm creates a deltarpm from two rpms. The deltarpm can later be used to recreate the new rpm from either filesystem data or the old rpm. Use the -v option to make makedeltarpm more verbose about its work (use it twice to make it even more verbose). If you want to create a smaller and faster to combine "rpm-only" deltarpm which does not work with filesystem data, specify the -r option. makedeltarpm normally produces a V3 format deltarpm, use the -V option to specify a different version if desired. The -z option can be used to specify a different compression method, the default is to use the same compression method as used in the new rpm. The -s option makes makedeltarpm write out the sequence id to the specified file seqfile. If you also use patch rpms you should use the -p option to specify the rpm-print of oldrpm and the created patch rpm. This option tells makedeltarpm to exclude the files that were not included in the patch rpm but are not byteswise identical to the ones in oldrpm. makedeltarpm can also create an "identity" deltarpm by adding the -u switch. In this case only one rpm has to be specified. An identity deltarpm can be useful to just replace the signature header of a rpm or to reconstruct a rpm from the filesystem. MEMORY CONSIDERATIONS
makedeltarpm normally needs about three to four times the size of the rpm's uncompressed payload. You can use the -m option to enable a sliding block algorithm that needs mbytes megabytes of memory. This trades memory usage with the size of the created deltarpm. Furthermore, the uncompressed deltarpm payload is currently also stored in memory when this option is used, but it tends to be small in most cases. SEE ALSO
applydeltarpm(8) combinedeltarpm(8) AUTHOR
Michael Schroeder <mls@suse.de> Jul 2010 MAKEDELTARPM(8)