Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Problems using rsync in Leopard with SSH... seeking solution/alternative Post 302154339 by mistermorris on Saturday 29th of December 2007 09:29:40 AM
Old 12-29-2007
Try this

I don't know why it's hanging on you, but I don't think you've got the right combination of commands anyway. Possibly it's just taking forever...???

The z option makes it compress, which you don't want because you need these as raw files. You want the c option, which gives it its speed.

Try this one:

rsync -avc ./iWeb/website/ user@site.com:folder

Make sure you have that last '/' there. That's what I kept forgetting!

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rsync problems

Hi Im trying to syncronise 4 webserver mirrors, using the rsync command. /www/html is the html documents directory. i am using export RSYNC_RSH="/usr/local/bin/ssh -l $REMOTE_USER" rsyn -va /www/html remotehost:/www/html when this is run, it copies the html file over to the remote... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thangorn
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems using rsync with cron

Hi, I've created a cron job for a script with a rsync command in it. The script is named pull.sh and contains the following line : What it is supposed to do is pull backup files from the production server of my company to my local server. It should also generate the log file (output.log)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync script and backup problems.

Hello everybody I'm triing since few days to do this. So sorry if my question looks stupide, but i've tried. I have to get picture from a folder (who is updated automaticly and with subfolder) with theirs extensions (i'm ok on that) and this files have to me copied in a folder where a website... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: boytruc
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Backup solution using rsync

Hello All, I am looking at a fast way to script some backups. I am looking at using rsync to do the leg work. I am having a hard time conceiving a script though. I have a tree with subfolders within subfolders. I was looking at the /xd option to parse the tree. Directory of k:\ ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jvamos
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Maxdepth command not working in AIX.Need alternative solution for this command

Hi All, I am trying to select 30 days older files under current directory ,but not from subdirectory using below command. find <Dir> -type f -mtime + 30 This command selecting all the files from current directory and also from sub directory . I read some documention through internet ,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kommineni
1 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Alternative solution to nested loops in shell programming

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Hi, The problem statement is: I am trying to read line by line from a flat file by using a while loop. The... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sandeep Pattnai
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Seeking Alternative for diff in hp

Hi , I have to use HP-unix OS to get difference between 2 files.while i tried a piece of code in other OS(linux/unix) as below, it worked fine & the output is desired one. diff --suppress-common-lines -y file_1 file_2 >d.txt The same doesn't works in HP -unix. Any help shall be... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinil
6 Replies

8. Solaris

Seeking suggestion of small storage solution

Hi, We have 4 T5220 servers, which are currently connected to Hitachi SAN storage solution. This is old SAN, so we are going to decommission it. At this location, there is no other SAN and no other servers, which requires SAN solution. So we are thinking of a small and cheap storage solution,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
3 Replies
rt-email-dashboards(8)					     Request Tracker Reference					    rt-email-dashboards(8)

NAME
rt-email-dashboards - Send email dashboards SYNOPSIS
rt-email-dashboards [options] DESCRIPTION
This tool will send users email based on how they have subscribed to dashboards. A dashboard is a set of saved searches, the subscription controls how often that dashboard is sent and how it's displayed. Each subscription has an hour, and possibly day of week or day of month. These are taken to be in the user's timezone if available, UTC otherwise. SETUP
You'll need to have cron run this script every hour. Here's an example crontab entry to do this. 0 * * * * /usr/bin/perl /opt/rt4/local/sbin/rt-email-dashboards This will run the script every hour on the hour. This may need some further tweaking to be run as the correct user. OPTIONS
This tool supports a few options. Most are for debugging. -h --help Display this documentation --dryrun Figure out which dashboards would be sent, but don't actually generate or email any of them --time SECONDS Instead of using the current time to figure out which dashboards should be sent, use SECONDS (usually since midnight Jan 1st, 1970, so 1192216018 would be Oct 12 19:06:58 GMT 2007). --epoch SECONDS Back-compat for --time SECONDS. --all Ignore subscription frequency when considering each dashboard (should only be used with --dryrun for testing and debugging) perl v5.14.2 2013-05-22 rt-email-dashboards(8)