Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Full backup and Restore
Operating Systems Solaris Full backup and Restore Post 302154292 by mainegeek on Friday 28th of December 2007 11:47:44 PM
Old 12-29-2007
As DukeNukem2 stated FLAR is definitely the best alternative...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Full System Restore from 250 - V280R

Hello, Here is what I am trying to do. We have an old Enterprise 250 which we want to phase out. So plan is to move everything running on the 250 to an unused Sun Fire V280R. Here is what I decided to do: 1. Fresh Solaris 8 install on Sun 280R (disk0). Configure network and install... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mshafi
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Backup / restore

Hi.... everyone could help me to understand how to do a backup of my servers .. operating systems is sun solaris 8 . I have some question about .... 1) Is better backup phisical disk or partition ??? i sow the command is ufsdump 0cfu /expbck/bcksunver/c0t0d0s5 dev/dsk/c0t0d0s5 to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tt155
4 Replies

3. AIX

Backup and restore

I have several H80 machines, all with AIX 4.3.3. On these machines I have mksysb running for rootvg backups and savevg for non-rootvg backups. I'm trying to get a list of files on the tapes, but I can't seem to do it with tar for the mksysb images. I keep getting the directory checksum errors?... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: uXion
3 Replies

4. HP-UX

F-Backup restore

Hello! i have a blank harddrive and a complete tape backup of the workstation. the backup is made with F-Backup. Now my question is: how can i restore my workstation? thanks for every idea! paul tittel hup-si (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: paultittel
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Local Full Backup and Restore ZFS

Hi men, I'm testing for my backup&restore job with ZFS. My server have two disks. I wanna do backup&restore job like ufsdump utility: Disk0 is rpool(root zpool) and disk1 (backup zpool) will be stored full backup replicates. When rpool zpool have problem, i can "boot cdrom -s" and use my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tien86
5 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

DD command to backup and restore

Hi, Currently I have 2 servers. 1 is already installed with RHEL4(withmyapplications) and the other one is still brand new. My question is, is it possible to use DD command to backup the whole harddrive for the RHEL4 server and restore it to the new brand server so that I do not have to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: flekzout
3 Replies

7. AIX

Backup and restore

Hi experts, i got a question. i have a production server with two Volume Group(VG) which are rootvg and datavg. Both of these VGs are 256 PP SIZE. On Disaster Recovery Server (DR server) contains two empty hardisks for restoring rootvg and datavg from production server. This two hardisks are... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: polar
7 Replies

8. Red Hat

Backup / Restore

Hi, I need to back up a RH file system (96G). The files are oracle .dbf format some of which are 5G in size. I know that tar has got a size restriction of 2G so I cannot use this. Can anyone recommend an alternative way of backuping up this FS? I have been looking at dump but this... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duffs22
6 Replies

9. AIX

Backup and restore question

I run a backup sucessfully: find . | backup -ivqf/dev/rmt0 I want to make sure I can restore, so I change to a test directory and try this: restore -rvqf /dev/rmt0 However, we fail with this error: New volume on /dev/rmt0: Cluster size is 51200 bytes (100 blocks). The volume number is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: landog
3 Replies

10. UNIX and Linux Applications

Deja-dup make my / full. So I cannot restore my back up

The problematic directory is the following: /root/.cache/deja-dup This directory grows until my "/" is full and then the restoring activity fails. I already tried to create a symbolic link with origin another partition where I have more space. However during the restoring activity ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: puertas12
4 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)