Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Debian How to enable and use ACL's in Linux Post 302154237 by ramen_noodle on Friday 28th of December 2007 02:50:12 PM

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how do I enable ssh for RH Linux Enterprise

I am not sure how to enable SSH on my RedHat Linux Server. Do I need to install a rpm or just edit a file. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie05
1 Replies

2. Linux

setting acl on linux

Hi, while setting access control list I am getting error "Operation NOt Supported" Example :user A wants full access on test directory /home/user B/test, I dont want to add in secondary group bcz group has read permission, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

3. Linux

Enable sudo for Win AD users authenticated with Linux samba winbind service

Hi everyone, I wonder if anyone ever came across the idea of unifying AD and Linux user accounts We have a Linux machine with 'samba' 'winbind' service configured to let Windows AD users to logon locally using their AD accounts and passwords. I can use 'su' to get to the local user privilege... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: will_mike
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to enable cygwin in linux server (redHat) ?

how to enable cygwin in linux server (redHat)..... any idea? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: crackthehit007
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 8 how do I enable and disable services? (equivalent of chkconfig on Linux)

I've successfully installed syslog-ng and chkconfig using the packages from the OpenCSW project, these packages install under /opt/csw. I now need to disable the default syslog daemon and enable the new service created by the OpenCSW package (/etc/init.d/cswsyslog_ng). Is there any good way to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aussieos
3 Replies

6. Linux

Need assistance to enable more that 4GB RAM on Linux 32Bit OS.

How to enable more than 4GB RAM support on Linux 32bit OS? OS: CentOS release 5.4 (Final) Kernel version: 2.6.18-53.el5 Arch: 32Bit I got solution at Innovationframes.com • View topic - How to enable more than 4GB RAM support on Linux 32bit OS? but my question is the steps given... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandranjoy
5 Replies

7. Linux

ACL

Hi, I want to know what does the "effective" comment means in the output of the getfacl and whether it has to do with the acl mask... thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gartlar
0 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Linux mount cifs with Windows ACL support

I'm in the process of migrating my windows file servers to a Ubuntu Samba server. My plan is to use cp -Rp to copy all the mounted files to the proper directory on my Ubuntu server. I can mount them just fine but if I run getfacl against a mounted directory its not showing any of my Windows... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: binary-ninja
0 Replies

9. Linux

sticky keys enable in linux

The problem is when i push button on keyboard and stay pressed i get only one letter. I want to set auto repeat of pressed character to get for example pressing a letter 'aaaaaaaaaaaaaa' instead 'a' only??? can you tell us how to enable this feature in linux???? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mallikarjun7777
5 Replies

10. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Linux ACL issue

Hi All, I have an issue with linux acls, though I have implemented them I failed to foresee the issue.Now the server is in production and I would have to take down time to rectify it. And I hereby declare that this is not homework. The situation is as such I have a file system mounted with... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick_here
5 Replies
ACL_EQUIV_MODE(3)					   BSD Library Functions Manual 					 ACL_EQUIV_MODE(3)

NAME
acl_equiv_mode -- check for an equivalent ACL LIBRARY
Linux Access Control Lists library (libacl, -lacl). SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <acl/libacl.h> int acl_equiv_mode(acl_t acl, mode_t *mode_p); DESCRIPTION
The acl_equiv_mode() function checks if the ACL pointed to by the argument acl contains only the required ACL entries of tag types ACL_USER_OBJ, ACL_GROUP_OBJ, and ACL_OTHER, and contains no permissions other that ACL_READ, ACL_WRITE or ACL_EXECUTE. If the ACL has this form, it can can be fully represented with the traditional file permission bits, and is considered equivalent with the traditional file per- mission bits. If acl is an equivalent ACL and the pointer mode_p is not NULL, the value pointed to by mode_p is set to the value that defines the same owner, group and other permissions as contained in the ACL. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, this function returns the value 0 if acl is an equivalent ACL, and the value 1 if acl is not an equivalent ACL. Otherwise, the value -1 is returned, and errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
If any of the following conditions occur, the acl_equiv_mode() function returns the value -1 and sets errno to the corresponding value: [EINVAL] The argument acl is not a valid pointer to an ACL. STANDARDS
This is a non-portable, Linux specific extension to the ACL manipulation functions defined in IEEE Std 1003.1e draft 17 ("POSIX.1e", aban- doned). SEE ALSO
acl_from_mode(3), acl(5) AUTHOR
Written by Andreas Gruenbacher <a.gruenbacher@computer.org>. Linux ACL March 23, 2002 Linux ACL