Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Upgrade scenarios of a package in Solaris Post 302154183 by jlliagre on Friday 28th of December 2007 09:23:07 AM
Old 12-28-2007
Solaris official packages are normally upgraded by patches.

Otherwise, you remove the old package and install the new one. Having a package instance with a .2 suffix means the remove wasn't properly done.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Upgrade sudo package

Can anyone tell me detailed step by step procedure on how to upgrade sudo (sudo package) from 1.6.x to 1.7.1 or 1.7.2 versions on solaris 9 and 10 boxes. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saintsnwarriors
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to find dependancies of .dstream package (Solaris) & .rpm package( linux)

Friends, Please let meknow, How we can find the dependancies of .dstream package & .rpm package before installation ? For AIX, We can use the inutoc . command to create the .toc file for the bff package, What about Solaris & Linux ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yb4779
0 Replies

3. Ubuntu

java error during upgrade or installation of package

Hi, everytime I do "sudo apt-get " and install package or just upgrade I get the following error: sha256sum mismatch jdk-7u3-linux-x64.tar.gz Oracle JDK 7 is NOT installed. dpkg: error processing oracle-java7-installer (--configure): subprocess installed post-installation script returned... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: programAngel
1 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Upgrade a package on Ubuntu

Hi, I want to upgrade a package to a specified version on Ubuntu, can you please shed some light? I know we can do it with but jere i want to upgrade the package to a specified version. Can someone please assist? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prash358
1 Replies
DH_INSTALLEMACSEN(1)						     Debhelper						      DH_INSTALLEMACSEN(1)

NAME
dh_installemacsen - register an Emacs add on package SYNOPSIS
dh_installemacsen [debhelperoptions] [-n] [--priority=n] [--flavor=foo] DESCRIPTION
dh_installemacsen is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing files used by the Debian emacsen-common package into package build directories. It also automatically generates the preinst postinst and prerm commands needed to register a package as an Emacs add on package. The commands are added to the maintainer scripts by dh_installdeb. See dh_installdeb(1) for an explanation of how this works. FILES
debian/package.emacsen-compat Installed into usr/lib/emacsen-common/packages/compat/package in the package build directory. debian/package.emacsen-install Installed into usr/lib/emacsen-common/packages/install/package in the package build directory. debian/package.emacsen-remove Installed into usr/lib/emacsen-common/packages/remove/package in the package build directory. debian/package.emacsen-startup Installed into etc/emacs/site-start.d/50package.el in the package build directory. Use --priority to use a different priority than 50. OPTIONS
-n, --no-scripts Do not modify postinst/prerm scripts. --priority=n Sets the priority number of a site-start.d file. Default is 50. --flavor=foo Sets the flavor a site-start.d file will be installed in. Default is emacs, alternatives include xemacs and emacs20. NOTES
Note that this command is not idempotent. dh_prep(1) should be called between invocations of this command. Otherwise, it may cause multiple instances of the same text to be added to maintainer scripts. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) "usr/share/doc/emacsen-common/debian-emacs-policy.gz" This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_INSTALLEMACSEN(1)