Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how ./example.sh differs from . /example.sh and ./ example.sh Post 302154077 by lokeshpashine on Friday 28th of December 2007 02:23:39 AM
Old 12-28-2007
Hello JIM,

Sorry for delay in response can you tell me what "source the script" means?????

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

gcc output size differs on same version of solaris

Hello everybody, I am having two machines. I am using g++v2.95 When I do the build,the size of output file on both machines differ. I am not able to find what can be the problem. Both the machines are solaris 5.6 The command is : g++ -c -g -I./ -I../../../include -I/usr/local/include/g++-3... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manishs13
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

print the first 5 lines in which 2 files differs

it is a simple problem, but I am totally new to shell programming There are 2 files. I have to print the 5 five lines which are different. I appreciate any help. 10x. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: atticus
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

pid differs

I always find that the pid I get from: /var/run/syslog-ng.pid and ps -ef |grep syslog-ng are different. this also happens on other pids. why? If I am going to kill a process, which pid should I use? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fredao
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp. copy if size differs

Hi. On my system there is a script which making backup to ftp site. But it leaves copy of files on local machine. Then i go to Midnight Commander and check manually with MC features - i open ftp directory and copy files <if size differs>. So, how can i do the last thing in shell or other... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kukuruku
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

script execution differs in cron

I have the following script (MyScript): #!/bin/sh ps U erv | grep -v grep | grep -F "/usr/bin/collect -o 101" echo "Result: $?" When executed from the command line, I get ... (the line containing /usr/bin/collect -o 101) Result: 0 (which is correct since collect is running) When I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lost_neko
4 Replies

6. Programming

how abstract class differs in Java and C++?

hello all, i want to know if there is any difference in working and syntax declaration of abstract class in Java and C++. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: haravivar
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

PPID differs in script and prompt

I tried several times to get answer to the below problem. Someone can please help me? $ cat p1.sh #!/bin/sh `./c1.sh &` while # indefinite loop do x=5; done $ cat c1.sh # sleep for 10 sec and exit #!/bin/sh sleep 10; Execute P1 as ./p1 & $ ps -eaf | grep c1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alexalex1
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output of echo $$ differs in Script than console

Hi All, I have a very basic query for 'echo $$' command. When I am executing echo $$ on console then it is giving different output than the execution of echo $$ in a script. Console Output: ------------------------- bash-3.2$ echo $$ 15610 bash-3.2$ In Script:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manishdivs
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output differs when run manually and when cron job executes it

I get a different output when i manually run the .sh script and when it is run by a cron job. Please help me .. TMP1="/lhome/bbuser/script/wslog/sar.t1" TMP2="/lhome/bbuser/script/wslog/sar.t2" TMP3="/lhome/bbuser/script/wslog/sar.t3" OUTPUT="/lhome/bbuser/script/wslog/sar.out"... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nithinankam
8 Replies
CheckDigits::M11_001(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 CheckDigits::M11_001(3pm)

NAME
CheckDigits::M11_001 - compute check digits for ISBN, ISSN, VAT RN (PT), HKID (HK), Wagon number (BR), NHS (GB), VAT (SL) SYNOPSIS
use Algorithm::CheckDigits; $isbn = CheckDigits('isbn'); if ($isbn->is_valid('3-88229-192-3')) { # do something } $cn = $isbn->complete('3-88229-192-'); # $cn = '3-88229-192-3' $cd = $isbn->checkdigit('3-88229-192-3'); # $cd = '3' $bn = $isbn->basenumber('3-88229-192-3'); # $bn = '3-88229-192-' DESCRIPTION
ALGORITHM 1. The sequence of digits is processed right to left. Every digit is multiplied with their position in the sequence (i.e. the digit left to the check digit has the weight 2 then 3 etc.). With a Hongkong ID (hkid) the leftmost char is replaced with its position in the alphabet and then multiplied with 8 (its weight). 2. The sum of all products is computed. 3. The sum of step 2 is taken modulo 11. 4. The checkdigit is the difference of the sum from step 3 to eleven under the following conditions: isbn,issn If the difference is 10, the check digit is 'X'. If the difference is 11, the check digit is 0. ustid_pt If the difference is greater then 9, the check digit is '0'. hkid If the difference is 10, the check digit is 'A'. If the difference is 11, the check digit is 0. wagonnr_br If the difference is 10, the check digit is 0. If the difference is 11, the check digit is 1. nhs_gb If the difference is 10, the number would not be taken. If the difference is 11, the check digit is 0. vat_sl This is a little bit unclear, don't trust on the method for this type. METHODS is_valid($number) Returns true only if $number consists solely of numbers and the last digit is a valid check digit according to the algorithm given above. Returns false otherwise, complete($number) The check digit for $number is computed and concatenated to the end of $number. Returns the complete number with check digit or '' if $number does not consist solely of digits and spaces. basenumber($number) Returns the basenumber of $number if $number has a valid check digit. Return '' otherwise. checkdigit($number) Returns the checkdigit of $number if $number has a valid check digit. Return '' otherwise. EXPORT None by default. AUTHOR
Mathias Weidner, <mathias@weidner.in-bad-schmiedeberg.de> SEE ALSO
perl, CheckDigits, www.pruefziffernberechnung.de. perl v5.10.0 2008-05-17 CheckDigits::M11_001(3pm)