Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ethernet card
Special Forums IP Networking ethernet card Post 302153943 by dhlopomo on Thursday 27th of December 2007 10:30:44 AM
Old 12-27-2007
Question ethernet card

What command do I use to show mw the ethernet card, I have tried ipconfig -a

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

ethernet card for Solaris

Hi, How can i check the speed of the Ethernet card that my Sun server has and also how can i change it to full Duplex if it is set to half duplex? What is the file that takes care of this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: i2admin
3 Replies

2. IP Networking

Solaris 9 Ethernet Card Problems

I keeping plumbing my ethernet card and assigning it an IP address and netmask, but after I reboot it keeps losing this information. Can anyone help me solve this problem? I am using the command: ifconfig hme0 plumb <IP Address> netmask <Subnet Mask> broadcast + up I am running Solaris 9 OS. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saucierm
2 Replies

3. IP Networking

RedHat and Ethernet card no like each other

I have searched this forum for solution and have drawn a blank... so I come to you for help :) I an a Win XP user that has no problem getting on internet when I am on that OS (currently on it right now ;)). I installed red hat 9 and when I use that OS, I cannot get a connection. I ran the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Minnesota Red
10 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ethernet card problem...

I am an extreme novice trying to learn Linux. I have redhat 9 installed in a computer I built specifically to install and learn linux. I have an asus a7v8x-x motherboard with the realtek 10/100 mbps ethernet card. I also installed a Jaht adapter jn-1110r32c ethernet card. I cannot get the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tony Empire
2 Replies

5. SCO

Issue with a ethernet card

Installed a replacement 3com pci card on an ibm PC 300 GL, running OpenServer 6.0 , brought up system, and recieved this message: Fsstat:/dev/boot mounted Mounted /stand filesystem System auditing is not enabled. Dlpid:Unable to open network adapter driver (/dev/mdi/r8e0) Dlpid:No such... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tazmss1
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how can i see ethernet card speed in solars

hai this is nagesh when i was doing practical , i find some dought. iam using solaris 9. how can i see the ethernet card speed , wheather it is halfduplex or full duplex.any body please help me (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nag.mi2000
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Ethernet card drivers issue...

I need to install ethernet card drivers on intel machine. How can i know which Ethernet card interface (sfe,rh,rtls...) is it? How can i know the speed of that card? How can i know network traffic ? If network traffic is more with that interface what should i do? Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: younus_syed
2 Replies

8. AIX

Utilization of Ethernet Card

Hi, is it possible to find out network utilization of etherenet card in %? Regards, Manoj (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
2 Replies

9. Solaris

SUN GIGABIT ETHERNET CARD

Hi, we have SUN Gigabit ethernet cards at the server, both have 2 lines connected but hiw can I found out which cable is on which port before I configure it: the cards has 4 ports , from right to left the cables are connected at the first right then 2 empty then the last at the left side. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manni2
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Problem with my Ethernet Card

Hi Gurus of Solaris. I have a problem yesterday when I was installing solaris in a x86 equipement I attached some log that I capture when I try to resolve the problem Any guru that can help please. Any command or procedure that I can run, please advice me Regards Andres (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: andresguillen
10 Replies
NS820-DIAG(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     NS820-DIAG(8)

NAME
ns820-diag - EEPROM setup and diagnostic program for ethernet cards based on the National Semiconductor DP83820 chip series. SYNOPSIS
ns820-diag [options] DESCRIPTION
ns820-diag is a program that you can use to diagnose problems with ethernet cards based on the National Semiconductor DP83820 chip series. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. -h, --help Show summary of options. -V, --version Show version of program. -v, --verbose Verbose mode. -q, --quiet Be very unverbose. -# <cardnum> Use card number <cardnum>. -a, --show_all_registers Print all registers. -e, --show-eeprom Dump EEPROM contents to stdout. -E, --emergency-rewrite Re-write a corrupted EEPROM. -p, --port-base <port> Specify port to use. -A, --Advertise <mediaype> Advertise media type. Valid Options are: 10baseT, 100baseT4, 100baseTx, 100baseTx-FD, 100baseTx-HD, 10baseT-FD and 10baseHD. -F, --new-interface <interface> Interface number. Options that make sense are: 10baseT, 10base2, AUI, 100baseTx, 10baseT-FDX, 100baseTx-FDX, 100baseT4, 100baseFx, 100baseFx-FDX, MII and Autosense. -H, --new-hwaddress <address> Set card to a new hardware address. -m, --show-mii Dump MII management registers. -R, --reset Reset the transceiver. -T, --test Do register and SRAM test. -w, --write-EEPROM <values> Write to the EEPROMS with the specified values. Do not use this, if you do not know what you do! -f, --force-detection Try to identify the card, even if it is active. -t, --chip-type <card> Explicitly set the chip. To get all valid numbers, run ns820-diag with the options '-t -1'. SEE ALSO
mii-diag(8) AUTHOR
ns820-diag was written and is still maintained by Donald Becker <becker@scyld.com>. This manual page was written by Alain Schroeder <alain@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). February 18, 2002 NS820-DIAG(8)