Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Can I use both of TCP/IP 10/100 and 100/1000? Post 302153882 by prowla on Thursday 27th of December 2007 04:47:15 AM
Old 12-27-2007
You can shift from one NIC to another, but it will require an outage:- a reboot, not a reinstall.
It could be as simple as editing the /etc/hostname.eri0, and rebooting, BUT DON'T JUST DO THAT, because it probably isn't!
Before doing anything, you would need to confirm that the networking (ie. routing) is set up to allow the other interface.
There is also the matter of setting the port speed - is the network convention auto-negotiate, or what.
Further, your kernel may not have the appropriate drivers installed/configured.
Basically this is a job for a Sys Admin.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help me spend $1000

Hey, As part of a Master's Degree program in Aeronautical Engineering I need a dedicated Unix PC to run a computational fluid dynamics (CFD) code in Fortran. Each run to model a single flow can take several days or weeks, so optimizing system resources is the only consideration. I need to buy... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: John Bruzzese
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

Remote Printing to HP 1000

Our system is an HP RP5470 11.11. We have had remote printing working for over 6 years. We use NetManage ViewNow software on our Windows client as the LPD. We had no problems with remote printing for any HP printer except for the HP LAserJet 1000. Nothing prints. I sent all the files in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stabia
2 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

1000-char PM limit

1000 characters is not a lot. For example, this message alone is 230 characters. I've spent a lot of time paring mine down to fit this limit. Is it possible for this to be extended? Even 2000 characters would be much better. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Corona688
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sunblade 1000

Hi everyone this is my first post I have used linux a couple of times and was impressed, so i bought an old sunblade 1000, just to learn something new. I cannot get the thing to work! I have tried to install solaris 10 and several types of linux. I am beginning to wonder if i was sold a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kawakaze
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Random numbers from 0 to 1000

Hello All, I want to make a simple script which generate random number from 0 to 1000. and simply display it. Plz HELP!!!!!! Regards, Waqas Ahmed (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wakhan
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add values < or eq to 1000

make a list based on the first column key and corresponding value (2nd column-bold) in input1 search values that less than or equal to 1000 (2nd column-bold)in the input2 of the same key along with other columns. input x1 10 hfffhf 646474_jhg x2 100 jkfgjj 765755_jg input2 x1... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: repinementer
16 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

move first 1000 files

Hi i have a folder with 27,000 images. I need to process each image using imagemagick. I have got image magick working. I don't want to attempt to process all 27,000 images in one go and thought i would try doing it with 1000 images at a time. Is there some way i can list only the first 1000... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: timgolding
7 Replies

8. Hardware

Deskjet 1000 hp- commands

I have installed an HP Deskjet 1000 j110 on my Slackware system (13.37). I am trying to print more than 1 page out of 2 or more. No luck so far. Found that there are about 30 odd commands like hp-linefeedcal, -print, -pkservice, -printsettings, -devicesettings, -systray, -check, -align, and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: slak0
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to print the value > 1000 in a file

if the file test include 1233 0.123 0.128 0.165 0.14 14.5 134556 48968 can i show the output value > 1000 by command grep or awk or...? 1233 134556 48968 Thank you. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bleach8578
6 Replies

10. Solaris

Too much TCP retransmitted and TCP duplicate on server Oracle Solaris 10

I have problem with oracle solaris 10 running on oracle sparc T4-2 server. Os information: 5.10 Generic_150400-03 sun4v sparc sun4v Output from tcpstat.d script TCP bytes: out outRetrans in inDup inUnorder 6833763 7300 98884 0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: insatiable1610
2 Replies
AN(4)                                                      BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual                                                      AN(4)

NAME
an -- Aironet Communications 4500/4800 wireless network adapter driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device an device wlan Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): if_an_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The an driver provides support for Aironet Communications 4500 and 4800 wireless network adapters and variants, including the following: o Aironet Communications 4500 and 4800 series o Cisco Aironet 340 and 350 series o Xircom Wireless Ethernet Adapter Support for these devices include the ISA, PCI and PCMCIA varieties. The Aironet 4500 series adapters operate at 1 and 2Mbps while the Aironet 4800 series and Cisco adapters can operate at 1, 2, 5.5 and 11Mbps. The ISA, PCI and PCMCIA devices are all based on the same core PCMCIA modules and all have the same programming interface, however unlike the Lucent WaveLAN/IEEE cards, the ISA and PCI cards appear to the host as normal ISA and PCI devices and do not require any PCCARD support. The PCMCIA Aironet cards require PC Card support, including the kernel pccard(4) driver. ISA cards can either be configured to use ISA Plug and Play or to use a particular I/O address and IRQ by properly setting the DIP switches on the board. (The default switch setting is for Plug and Play.) The an driver has Plug and Play support and will work in either configuration, however when using a hard-wired I/O address and IRQ, the driver configuration and the NIC's switch settings must agree. PCI cards require no switch settings of any kind and will be automatically probed and attached. All host/device interaction with the Aironet cards is via programmed I/O. The Aironet devices support 802.11 and 802.3 frames, power manage- ment, BSS (infrastructure) and IBSS (ad-hoc) operation modes. The an driver encapsulates all IP and ARP traffic as 802.11 frames, however it can receive either 802.11 or 802.3 frames. Transmit speed is selectable between 1Mbps, 2Mbps, 5.5Mbps, 11Mbps or "auto" (the NIC automati- cally chooses the best speed). By default, the an driver configures the Aironet card for infrastructure operation. For more information on configuring this device, see ifconfig(8). DIAGNOSTICS
an%d: init failed The Aironet card failed to become ready after an initialization command was issued. an%d: failed to allocate %d bytes on NIC The driver was unable to allocate memory for transmit frames in the NIC's on-board RAM. an%d: device timeout The Aironet card failed to generate an interrupt to acknowledge a transmit command. SEE ALSO
altq(4), arp(4), miibus(4), netintro(4), wlan(4), ancontrol(8), ifconfig(8) HISTORY
The an device driver first appeared in FreeBSD 4.0. AUTHORS
The an driver was written by Bill Paul <wpaul@ee.columbia.edu>. BSD July 16, 2005 BSD