Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers What are job prospects for Unix Linux administrator? Post 302153720 by DukeNuke2 on Wednesday 26th of December 2007 09:38:47 AM
Old 12-26-2007
unix... solaris, aix, hp-ux... and the enterprise versions of linux... rhel and sles... i have no experience with ubuntu in enterprise environments. only for home and desktop use...

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Do you have a job board where I can post a Unix Administrator position?

Hi, Do you have a specific area for companies to post Unix job openings. Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: CareerDirection
3 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Unix Administrator and Linux Administrator transition

Hello Unix Experts, I'm going to be graduating with a CIS (Computer Information Systems) degree in the coming year. I have been offered an internship with a job title of Unix Administrator under a well known company. I understand that Unix is used for high-end servers in many large... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: brentmd24
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

Roles & Responsibilities of a Linux/Unix administrator

Hi All, At present i have good knowledge and experience in unix/ linux shell scripting. I believe unix shell scripting with administration will be a hot skill set, so I would like to become a Unix/Linux system admin. What are the key skills i have to learn to become a successful administrator.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: apsprabhu
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Path to Linux / Unix Systems Administrator

Hello! I have seen similar questions asked about how to become a system administrator. Most would say experience is more important than just getting a certificate and even a degree. However, I haven't found a good information how to build experience from a newbie to entry-level systems... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sideburn
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Books for person who want to be Linux/Unix administrator

Hi, I would like to become Linux/Unix administrator. Of course I am aware that it is practically impossible to get that job immediately and in the beginning it will be Junior position or 2nd level of technical support. But I would like to ask: how in-depth knowledge about daemons such like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DavidMax
2 Replies
SNMPTRAP(1)							     Net-SNMP							       SNMPTRAP(1)

NAME
snmptrap, snmpinform - sends an SNMP notification to a manager SYNOPSIS
snmptrap -v 1 [COMMON OPTIONS] [-Ci] enterprise-oid agent generic-trap specific-trap uptime [OID TYPE VALUE]... snmptrap -v [2c|3] [COMMON OPTIONS] [-Ci] uptime trap-oid [OID TYPE VALUE]... snmpinform -v [2c|3] [COMMON OPTIONS] uptime trap-oid [OID TYPE VALUE]... DESCRIPTION
snmptrap is an SNMP application that uses the SNMP TRAP operation to send information to a network manager. One or more object identifiers (OIDs) can be given as arguments on the command line. A type and a value must accompany each object identifier. Each variable name is given in the format specified in variables(5). When invoked as snmpinform, or when -Ci is added to the command line flags of snmptrap, it sends an INFORM-PDU, expecting a response from the trap receiver, retransmitting if required. Otherwise it sends an TRAP-PDU or TRAP2-PDU. If any of the required version 1 parameters, enterprise-oid, agent, and uptime are specified as empty, it defaults to 1.3.6.1.4.1.3.1.1 (enterprises.cmu.1.1), hostname, and host-uptime respectively. The TYPE is a single character, one of: i INTEGER u UNSIGNED c COUNTER32 s STRING x HEX STRING d DECIMAL STRING n NULLOBJ o OBJID t TIMETICKS a IPADDRESS b BITS which are handled in the same way as the snmpset command. For example: snmptrap -v 1 -c public manager enterprises.spider test-hub 3 0 '' interfaces.iftable.ifentry.ifindex.1 i 1 will send a generic linkUp trap to manager, for interface 1. OPTIONS
snmptrap takes the common options described in the snmpcmd(1) manual page in addition to the -Ci option described above. SEE ALSO
snmpcmd(1), snmpset(1), variables(5). V5.6 19 Jun 2003 SNMPTRAP(1)