Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers What are job prospects for Unix Linux administrator? Post 302153719 by sito on Wednesday 26th of December 2007 09:24:26 AM
Old 12-26-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeNuke2
it depends on what you can do... basic administration is not as good as a administrator with knowledge in san, high availability and so on... the more you can, the more you CAN earn!
What field of Linux is in high demand? Gbuntu, Redhat, HPUnix..etc

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Do you have a job board where I can post a Unix Administrator position?

Hi, Do you have a specific area for companies to post Unix job openings. Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: CareerDirection
3 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Unix Administrator and Linux Administrator transition

Hello Unix Experts, I'm going to be graduating with a CIS (Computer Information Systems) degree in the coming year. I have been offered an internship with a job title of Unix Administrator under a well known company. I understand that Unix is used for high-end servers in many large... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: brentmd24
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

Roles & Responsibilities of a Linux/Unix administrator

Hi All, At present i have good knowledge and experience in unix/ linux shell scripting. I believe unix shell scripting with administration will be a hot skill set, so I would like to become a Unix/Linux system admin. What are the key skills i have to learn to become a successful administrator.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: apsprabhu
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Path to Linux / Unix Systems Administrator

Hello! I have seen similar questions asked about how to become a system administrator. Most would say experience is more important than just getting a certificate and even a degree. However, I haven't found a good information how to build experience from a newbie to entry-level systems... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sideburn
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Books for person who want to be Linux/Unix administrator

Hi, I would like to become Linux/Unix administrator. Of course I am aware that it is practically impossible to get that job immediately and in the beginning it will be Junior position or 2nd level of technical support. But I would like to ask: how in-depth knowledge about daemons such like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DavidMax
2 Replies
ddi_intr_hilevel(9F)					   Kernel Functions for Drivers 				      ddi_intr_hilevel(9F)

NAME
ddi_intr_hilevel - indicate interrupt handler type SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/ddi.h> #include <sys/sunddi.h> int ddi_intr_hilevel(dev_info_t *dip, uint_t inumber); INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI). PARAMETERS
dip Pointer to dev_info structure. inumber Interrupt number. DESCRIPTION
ddi_intr_hilevel() returns non-zero if the specified interrupt is a "high level" interrupt. High level interrupts must be handled without using system services that manipulate thread or process states, because these interrupts are not blocked by the scheduler. In addition, high level interrupt handlers must take care to do a minimum of work because they are not preemptable. A typical high level interrupt handler would put data into a circular buffer and schedule a soft interrupt by calling ddi_trigger_soft- intr(). The circular buffer could be protected by using a mutex that was properly initialized for the interrupt handler. ddi_intr_hilevel() can be used before calling ddi_add_intr() to decide which type of interrupt handler should be used. Most device drivers are designed with the knowledge that the devices they support will always generate low level interrupts, however some devices, for example those using SBus or VME bus level 6 or 7 interrupts must use this test because on some machines those interrupts are high level (above the scheduler level) and on other machines they are not. RETURN VALUES
non-zero indicates a high-level interrupt. CONTEXT
These functions can be called from user or interrupt context. SEE ALSO
ddi_add_intr(9F), mutex(9F) Writing Device Drivers SunOS 5.10 7 Jan 1992 ddi_intr_hilevel(9F)