Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Running Windows "inside" a Linux-like OS? Post 302153712 by alrawab on Wednesday 26th of December 2007 08:24:54 AM
Old 12-26-2007
hey
you can do that by using virtual box
www.virtualbox.org/Downloads
Br,
Sis

Last edited by alrawab; 12-27-2007 at 05:47 AM..

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

script running with "ksh" dumping core but not with "sh"

Hi, I have small script written in korn shell. When it is called from different script, its dumping core, but no core dump when we run it standalone. And its not dumping core if we run the script using "/bin/sh" instead of "ksh" Can some body please help me how to resolve this issue. ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: simhe02
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing username and password to a script running inside "expect" script

Hi I'm trying to run a script " abc.sh" which triggers "use.sh" . abc.sh is nothing but a "expect" script which provides username and password automatically to the use.sh script. Please find below the scripts: #abc.sh #!/usr/bin/expect -f exec /root/use.sh expect "*name*" send... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: baddykam
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Failure: if grep "$Var" "$line" inside while read line loop

Hi everybody, I am new at Unix/Bourne shell scripting and with my youngest experiences, I will not become very old with it :o My code: #!/bin/sh set -e set -u export IFS= optl="Optl" LOCSTORCLI="/opt/lsi/storcli/storcli" ($LOCSTORCLI /c0 /vall show | grep RAID | cut -d " "... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Subsonic66
5 Replies
NTFSFIX(8)						      System Manager's Manual							NTFSFIX(8)

NAME
ntfsfix - fix common errors and force Windows to check NTFS SYNOPSIS
ntfsfix [options] device DESCRIPTION
ntfsfix is a utility that fixes some common NTFS problems. ntfsfix is NOT a Linux version of chkdsk. It only repairs some fundamental NTFS inconsistencies, resets the NTFS journal file and schedules an NTFS consistency check for the first boot into Windows. You may run ntfsfix on an NTFS volume if you think it was damaged by Windows or some other way and it can't be mounted. OPTIONS
Below is a summary of all the options that ntfsfix accepts. Nearly all options have two equivalent names. The short name is preceded by - and the long name is preceded by --. Any single letter options, that don't take an argument, can be combined into a single command, e.g. -fv is equivalent to -f -v. Long named options can be abbreviated to any unique prefix of their name. -h, --help Show a list of options with a brief description of each one. -V, --version Show the version number, copyright and license BUGS
There are no known problems with ntfsfix. If you find a bug please send an email describing the problem to the development team: linux-ntfs-dev@lists.sourceforge.net AUTHORS
ntfsfix was written by Anton Altaparmakov, with contributions from Szabolcs Szakacsits. AVAILABILITY
ntfsfix is part of the ntfsprogs package and is available from: http://www.linux-ntfs.org/content/view/19/37 The manual pages are available online at: http://man.linux-ntfs.org/ SEE ALSO
mkntfs(8), ntfsprogs(8) ntfsprogs 1.13.1 January 2006 NTFSFIX(8)