Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to print the files names that being searched Post 302153604 by shamrock on Tuesday 25th of December 2007 05:31:43 PM
Old 12-25-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by umen
Hello all
Im doing search in jar files using this oneLiener :
f
Code:
ind . -name "*.jar"  -print -exec jar -tvf {} \; | grep -n \/someClassName.class

but I also will like to see the jar file names that the grep succeed the search
What I need to add to this command so it will give the file names?
Code:
find . -name "*.jar"  -print -exec jar -tvf {} \; | grep -n -l \/someClassName.class

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

limit number of sub-dirs searched for files

using: find . -type f -print|xargs -li "string", how do I limit the dated directories (2010-7-14, 2010-7-13,etc.) to just 2009 & 2010 years of directories to search. We go back to 2004 in our archives, way too many files. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MJThom713
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching across multiple files if pattern is available in all files searched

I have a list of pattern in a file, I want each of these pattern been searched from 4 files. I was wondering this can be done in SED / AWK. say my 4 files to be searched are > cat f1 abc/x(12) 1 abc/x 3 cde 2 zzz 3 fdf 4 > cat f2 fdf 4 cde 3 abc 2... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: novice_man
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print numbers along with file names.

Hi All, I have some thousand files with names like 1.syl, 2.syl, 5.syl etc. These files contain one sentence each. I want to store all those sentences along with the file ID that is 1, 2, 5 with the sentences they contain. For example, 1.syl has this is a test line 2.syl has ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print file names in a loop

OS : RHEL 6.1 Shell : Bash I have lots of files in /tmp/stage directory as show below. Using a loop, I need to print all the filenames in this directory except those ending with a number. How can I do this ? # pwd /tmp/stage # # # ls -l * -rw-r--r--. 1 root root 0 Oct 7 18:38 stmt1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print continues names

Gents, I will like to print continues names according to a range of numbers example first number 1000 last number 1005 I would like to get the following result tape1000 tape1001 tape 1002 tape1003 tape1004 tape1005. Thanks for your support. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exclude certain file names while selectingData files coming in different names in a file name called

Data files coming in different names in a file name called process.txt. 1. shipments_yyyymmdd.gz 2 Order_yyyymmdd.gz 3. Invoice_yyyymmdd.gz 4. globalorder_yyyymmdd.gz The process needs to discard all the below files and only process two of the 4 file names available ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsravanam
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding a string in a list of files, print file names

I'm interested in writing a report script using BASH that searches all of the files in a particular directory for a keyword and printing a list of files containing this string... In fact this reporting script would have searches for multiple keywords, so I'm interested in making multiple... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chemscripter904
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print the output with different file names

I have a python script that gives output called test.png. By using the following command I run the script every 2 seconds. What is the easiest way to save the output as follows ( test.png (1st output), tes1.png (second output), tes2.png ....) Command I i use while sleep 2; do python... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Directory containing files,Print names of the files in the directory that are exactly same content.

Given a directory containing say a few thousand files, please output a list of all the names of the files in the directory that are exactly the same, i.e. have the same contents. func(a_directory_name) output -> {“matches”: , ... ]} e.g. func(“/home/my/files”) where the directory... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for names in one list in another and print results

Hi All , New to the Bash / Shell programming world and looking for some help I have two files 1: Contains a list of names : eg STEVE BOB CRAIG 2: Contains information with those included names but also others that are not in the list (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lonerg550
1 Replies
BUILD-JAR-REPOSITO(1)						Java Packages Tools					     BUILD-JAR-REPOSITO(1)

NAME
build-jar-repository - create a symbolic link to a JAR SYNOPSIS
build-jar-repository [OPTION]... DIRECTORY JAR|artifact-coordinates DESCRIPTION
Build a JAR repository in the named directory by copying files or creating symbolic links. The JARs can be identified by their names or Maven artifact coordinates. Artifact coordinates specify Maven artifact and are in format groupId:artifactId[:extension[:classifier]]:version. If extension is omitted then "jar" is used. If classifier is omitted then empty classifier is used. For more information see XMvn Configuration Reference. OPTIONS
If no option is specified the default action will be to create symbolic links -c, --copy Copy files. -h, --hard Create hard links. -p, --preserve-naming Try to preserve the names of the original JAR files (in case of a nested hit the slashes in the path will still be replaced by underscores). Using this option makes any future automated repository rebuild impossible, and implies -c unless specified otherwise. -s, --soft, --symbolic Create symbolic links (default). --help Display help text EXAMPLES
build-jar-repository . jndi - This will create a symbolic link to the jndi JAR in the current working directory. build-jar-repository -h /tmp log4j - This will create a hard link to the log4j JAR in /tmp directory. build-jar-repository -c . org.apache.commons:commons-io - This will copy commons-io JAR to the current working directory. AUTHOR
Originally written by Nicholas Mailhot and David Walluck. REPORTING BUGS
Bugs should be reported through Red Hat Bugzilla at http://bugzilla.redhat.com/. SEE ALSO
build-classpath(1), rebuild-jar-repository(1), JAVAPACKAGES
06/10/2014 BUILD-JAR-REPOSITO(1)