Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Questions on GREP command
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Questions on GREP command Post 302153486 by DeepakS on Monday 24th of December 2007 10:41:33 PM
Old 12-24-2007
grep -A 2

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Simple grep questions

Hi all, My boss wants me to find out how often e-m users are accessing their account:confused:. The mail server keeps log of all logins. I want to use grep the 'usernames', but it should come out the moment it first encounters the username in the log. Can I do that? I want to avoid 10+ greps... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitin
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unpratical SED and GREP questions

Hello every one, I have read a little about SED and GREP but I do not know how to do this: Using SED or GREP: "reverse all three letter words" "replace the last two digits in any string of digits by zeros (0)" "remove lines that start and end with the same word" and I have more like... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lem2003
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep questions

I have the data file: A 1 2 3 BBB 4 5 6 A 7 8 9 I want to grep "A" then-skip a line-then-add two sublines: I my command: grep +3 "A" datafile (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobo
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using Grep Questions

Hello All, 1.) I am searching for ".exe" in a text file 2.) I need to search for a hexadecimal entree of at least four digits (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Omega1589
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep questions

Hello All, I have few of questions related to Grep given below: 1. Like Perl, is it possible in Grep to negate characters in square brackets. For example in Perl, if '^' is used inside '' then it acts as a negation characters. Can same be achieved through Grep's regular expression. 2. How... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: paragkalra
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Some questions about grep/awk

Hi guys. I need to filter some values from a number of log files. One of the files is: Interconnect Utilisation Results: Achieved Maximum Number of Concurrent Connections: 17 Statistics for Average Number of Concurrent Connections: Point Estimation: Confidence Interval: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Faaz0
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep and sed exact match questions

This post was previously mistaken for homework, but is actually a small piece of what I working on at work. Please answer if you can. QUESTION1 How do you grep only an exact string. I am using Solaris10 and do not have any GNU products installed. Contents of car.txt CAR1_KEY0 CAR1_KEY1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thibodc
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Couple of questions wth grep/sort

I have different things that I was trying to do but am kind of struggling with this since I'm a Linux noob. The backround is that I have two files with student names in the same directory, and each file lists the student name, their major and their grade level. What is the most efficient way to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tastybeer
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed/grep questions

Hi. I have a txt file. I need to make a copy of the lines which are beginning with a mobile phone number, or a fix phone number. I have to copy thoose lines in numbers.txt, after that i have to delete then from the originally file. In numbers.txt i need to write a prefix before each number. if the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: T720
1 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

awk questions using sort and grep

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: So i'll probably get told off for this but I have a few problems and rather than clog up the whole forum I'll post them here. Please bare in mind I am a complete novice when it comes to all this and so if you help please treat me like a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamesb18
4 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)