Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers strange problem in finf with mtime Post 302153276 by Perderabo on Monday 24th of December 2007 08:31:30 AM
Old 12-24-2007
Return to the syntax you used in the first post:

"{}" ";"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Strange problem.Please Help !

I¡¯m a network operator, mine is an IBM PC server 320, operating system SCO unix 3.2v4.2, triton 3.1 of Baan. Recently, my server went dead every a few hours, no sign & signal shows malfunction suddenly. It looks like a sudden power failure, but the indicator of main power supply is on. Normal... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lyhsm
1 Replies

2. Linux

very strange problem

I have installed Fedora Core on a Toshiba Satellite Pro4600 laptop recently I have experienced a rather mysterious problem if I touch anything specially the keyboard or mouse I see this stuff “67yujhnmyyy” straight away some time it won't stop for while like this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kemobyte
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange problem

I am using SunOS 5.9 and I don't know why all my commands are getting executed as if an extra 'enter' has been pressed. What could be the reason and how to correct it? Please help. Asty (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Asty
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem with find and mtime

I am using HP-UNIX , The below command doesnt display anything although i have changed a file in the directory by toutch -t 200010101800 nfile find /tmp/transfer/ -name "*.*" -mtime +1 Any problrm with the find command i written . .Please help ??.. Thanks, Arun (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in mtime

Hey champs, i am using the following commands to search 1day files available under a dir by shell script. find <dirname> -type f -mtime +1 sometimes it used to show me correct results.....but sometimes it's not ??? if the above one not working perfect i.e. not showing me the exact... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with find command when used with mtime

All, Please find the below comand . I am trying to list the file that has not been accesed is past 14 days . But when you look at the display the directory "crecv1" which has date as today is displayed .. Why it is happening . I send this code instead of ls -ltr as rm -f -r in production... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange problem.

Well, my script started off to do what i wanted. Now, i think its not recognizing the pattern so its not moving anything. What i have to do is execute my script command for the move to take effect. So i did that and yayy it worked. Strange thing is that my DESTDIR was empty to begin with.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: oxoxo
2 Replies

8. AIX

-mtime Problem

Hi, I'm using command "find . -mtime +10 -type f -print" to list the files 10 days or older but I'm getting the files which are even created today. What am I doing wrong? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gbyte
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

(find) mtime vs. (unix) mtime

Hi I've made some test with perl script to learn more about mtime... So, my question is : Why the mtime from findfind /usr/local/sbin -ctime -1 -mtime -1 \( -name "*.log" -o -name "*.gz" \) -print are not the same as mtime from unix/linux in ls -ltr or in stat() function in perl : stat -... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiddenshadow
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange Problem

Hi All, I am encountering an unexpected problem while running my process, using daemon placed in /etc/init.d/. I have a process that is opening shared library using dlopen. When I run my process on the command line, it is able to open the library. But when I used daemon to run my process, I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: qwerty-1
0 Replies
lname(3erl)						     Erlang Module Definition						       lname(3erl)

NAME
lname - Interface that supports the name pseudo-objects. DESCRIPTION
This interface is a part of the names library which is used to hide the representation of names. In Orbers Erlang mapping the pseudo-object names and the real IDL names have the same representation but it is desirable that the clients uses the names library so they will not be dependent of the representation. The lname interface supports handling of names e.g. adding and removing name components. Note that the lname interface in orber does not contain a destroy function because the Names are represented as standard Erlang lists and therefor will be removed by the garbage collector when not in use. The type NameComponent used below is defined as: -record('CosNaming_NameComponent', {id, kind=""}). id and kind are strings. The record is defined in the file CosNaming.hrl and it is included with: -include_lib("orber/COSS/CosNaming/CosNaming.hrl"). EXPORTS
create() -> Return Types Return = [NameComponent] This function returns a new name. insert_component(Name, N, NameComponent) -> Return Types Name = [NameComponent] N = int() Return = Name This function returns a name where the new name component has been inserted as component N in Name. get_component(Name, N) -> Return Types Name = [NameComponent] N = int() Return = NameComponent This function returns the N:th name component in Name. delete_component(Name, N) -> Return Types Name = [NameComponent] N = int() Return = Name This function deletes the N:th name component from Name and returns the new name. num_component(Name) -> Return Types Name = [NameComponent] Return = int() This function returns a the number of name components in Name. equal(Name1, Name2) -> Return Types Name1 = Name2 = [NameComponent] Return = bool() This function returns true if the two names are equal and false otherwise. less_than(Name1, Name2) -> Return Types Name1 = Name2 = [NameComponent] Return = bool() This function returns true if Name1 are lesser than Name2 and false otherwise. to_idl_form(Name) -> Return Types Name = [NameComponent] Return = Name This function just checks if Name is a correct IDL name before returning it because the name representation is the same for pseudo and IDL names in orber. from_idl_form(Name) -> Return Types Name = [NameComponent] Return = Name This function just returns the Name because the name representation is the same for pseudo and IDL names in orber. Ericsson AB orber 3.6.20 lname(3erl)