Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: gotoxy(x,y) in UNIX
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers gotoxy(x,y) in UNIX Post 302153247 by ghostdog74 on Monday 24th of December 2007 05:02:15 AM
Old 12-24-2007
Rearrange your way of asking.
Code:
Fruits for monkey:
a.) Banana
b.) Pineapple
c.) Watermelon
What is the favorite fruit of monkey? _

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX problem? Unix programm runs windows 2000 CPU over 100%

Okee problems...!! What is happening: Unix server with some programms, workstations are windows 2000, the workstations work good but when you start a programm on the Unix server the CPU of the workstations go to 100% usage resulting that the system gets very slow. The programm well its running so... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zerocool
2 Replies

2. Programming

equal command for gotoxy() in uinx

hello i am new user to this site. i want to know about equal command for gotoxy() which is used in dos operating system and also equal hedder file for conio.h? please give me responce to me if anybudy know about that. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: g_s_r_c
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix History Question: Why are filenames/dirnames case sentsitive in Unix?

I tried looking for the answer online and came up with only a few semi-answers as to why file and directory names are case sensitive in Unix. Right off the bat, I'll say this doesn't bother me. But I run into tons of Windows and OpenVMS admins in my day job who go batty when they have to deal... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

missing Path(in UNIX) when i launch a job on to unix machine using windows SSh

hi i want run an unix application from a windows program/application.i am using SSH(command line version)to log on to a unix machine from windows. the application has to read a configuration file inorder to run. the configuration file .CFG is in bin in my home directory. but the application... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megastar
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP script for sending a file from one unix directory to another unix server director

Hi, My local server is :/usr/abcd/ Remote server is :/Usr/host/test/ I want to send files from local unix directory(All files starting with O_999) to remote host unix directory. Can any body give me the Unix Shell script to do this. One more doubt: Shall we need to change the file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raja_1234
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Batch job in unix server to move the pdf file from unix to windows.

Hi Experts, I have a requirement where i need to setup a batch job which runs everymonth and move the pdf files from unix server to windows servers. Could some body provide the inputs for this. and also please provide the inputs on how to map the network dirve in the unix like that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ger199901
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How does unix system administration, unix programming, unix network programming differ?

How does unix system administration, unix programming, unix network programming differ? Please help. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thulasidharan2k
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Transfer from Window server to UNIX and UNIX to UNIX

Dear All, Can someone help to command or program to transfer the file from windows to Unix server and from one unix server to another Unix server in secure way. I would request no samba client. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yadavricky
4 Replies
diff3(1)						      General Commands Manual							  diff3(1)

NAME
diff3 - Compares three files SYNOPSIS
diff3 [-e | -x | -E | -X | -3] file1 file2 file3 The diff3 command reads three versions of a file and writes to standard output the ranges of text that differ. OPTIONS
Creates an edit script for use with the ed command to incorporate into file1 all changes between file2 and file3 (that is, the changes that normally would be flagged ==== and ====3). Produces an edit script to incorporate only changes flagged ====. These are similar to -e and -x, respectively, but treat overlapping changes (that is, changes that are flagged ==== in the normal listing) differently. The overlap- ping lines from both files are inserted by the edit script, bracketed by <<<<<< and >>>>>> lines. The -E option is used by RCS merge to ensure that overlapping changes in the merged files are preserved and brought to someone's attention. Produces an edit script to incorpo- rate only changes flagged ====3. DESCRIPTION
The diff3 command reads three versions of a file and writes to standard output the ranges of text that differ, flagged with the following codes: All three files differ. file1 differs. file2 differs. file3 differs. The type of change needed to convert a given range of a given file to match another file is indicated in one of these two ways in the out- put: Text is to be added after line number number1 in file, where file is 1, 2, or 3. Text in the range line number1 to line number2 is to be changed. If number1 = number2, the range may be abbreviated to number1. The original contents of the range follow immediately after a c indication. When the contents of two files are identical, diff3 does not show the contents of the lower-numbered file, although it shows the location of the identical lines for each. NOTES
Editing scripts produced by the -e option cannot create lines consisting only of a single . (dot). EXAMPLES
To list the differences among three files, enter: diff3 fruit.a fruit.b fruit.c fruit.a, fruit.b, and fruit.c contain the following data: fruit.a: banana grape kiwi lemon mango orange peach pare fruit.b: apple banana grapefruit kiwi orange peach pear fruit.c: grape grapefruit kiwi lemon mango orange peach pear The output from diff3 shows the differences between these files as follows. (The comments on the right do not appear in the output.) ==== All three files are different. 1:1,2c - Lines 1 and 2 of the first file, fruit.a banana grape 2:1,3c - Lines 1 through 3 of fruit.b apple banana grapefruit 3:1,2c - Lines 1 and 2 of fruit.c grape grapefruit ====2 The second file, fruit.b, is different. 1:4,5c - Lines 4 and 5 are the same in fruit.a and fruit.c. 2:4a 3:4,5c - To make fruit.b look the same, add text after line 4. lemon mango ====1 The first file, fruit.a, is different. 1:8c pare 2:7c - Line 7 of fruit.b and line 8 of fruit.c are the same. 3:8c pear FILES
Helper program. SEE ALSO
Commands: bdiff(1), cmp(1), comm(1), diff(1), ed(1) diff3(1)