Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: gotoxy(x,y) in UNIX
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers gotoxy(x,y) in UNIX Post 302153247 by ghostdog74 on Monday 24th of December 2007 05:02:15 AM
Old 12-24-2007
Rearrange your way of asking.
Code:
Fruits for monkey:
a.) Banana
b.) Pineapple
c.) Watermelon
What is the favorite fruit of monkey? _

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX problem? Unix programm runs windows 2000 CPU over 100%

Okee problems...!! What is happening: Unix server with some programms, workstations are windows 2000, the workstations work good but when you start a programm on the Unix server the CPU of the workstations go to 100% usage resulting that the system gets very slow. The programm well its running so... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zerocool
2 Replies

2. Programming

equal command for gotoxy() in uinx

hello i am new user to this site. i want to know about equal command for gotoxy() which is used in dos operating system and also equal hedder file for conio.h? please give me responce to me if anybudy know about that. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: g_s_r_c
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix History Question: Why are filenames/dirnames case sentsitive in Unix?

I tried looking for the answer online and came up with only a few semi-answers as to why file and directory names are case sensitive in Unix. Right off the bat, I'll say this doesn't bother me. But I run into tons of Windows and OpenVMS admins in my day job who go batty when they have to deal... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

missing Path(in UNIX) when i launch a job on to unix machine using windows SSh

hi i want run an unix application from a windows program/application.i am using SSH(command line version)to log on to a unix machine from windows. the application has to read a configuration file inorder to run. the configuration file .CFG is in bin in my home directory. but the application... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megastar
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP script for sending a file from one unix directory to another unix server director

Hi, My local server is :/usr/abcd/ Remote server is :/Usr/host/test/ I want to send files from local unix directory(All files starting with O_999) to remote host unix directory. Can any body give me the Unix Shell script to do this. One more doubt: Shall we need to change the file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raja_1234
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Batch job in unix server to move the pdf file from unix to windows.

Hi Experts, I have a requirement where i need to setup a batch job which runs everymonth and move the pdf files from unix server to windows servers. Could some body provide the inputs for this. and also please provide the inputs on how to map the network dirve in the unix like that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ger199901
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How does unix system administration, unix programming, unix network programming differ?

How does unix system administration, unix programming, unix network programming differ? Please help. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thulasidharan2k
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Transfer from Window server to UNIX and UNIX to UNIX

Dear All, Can someone help to command or program to transfer the file from windows to Unix server and from one unix server to another Unix server in secure way. I would request no samba client. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yadavricky
4 Replies
USORT(3)								 1								  USORT(3)

usort - Sort an array by values using a user-defined comparison function

SYNOPSIS
bool usort (array &$array, callable $value_compare_func) DESCRIPTION
This function will sort an array by its values using a user-supplied comparison function. If the array you wish to sort needs to be sorted by some non-trivial criteria, you should use this function. Note If two members compare as equal, their relative order in the sorted array is undefined. Note This function assigns new keys to the elements in $array. It will remove any existing keys that may have been assigned, rather than just reordering the keys. PARAMETERS
o $array - The input array. o $value_compare_func - The comparison function must return an integer less than, equal to, or greater than zero if the first argument is considered to be respectively less than, equal to, or greater than the second. int callback (mixed $a, mixed $b) Caution Returning non-integer values from the comparison function, such as float, will result in an internal cast to integer of the callback's return value. So values such as 0.99 and 0.1 will both be cast to an integer value of 0, which will compare such values as equal. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 usort(3) example <?php function cmp($a, $b) { if ($a == $b) { return 0; } return ($a < $b) ? -1 : 1; } $a = array(3, 2, 5, 6, 1); usort($a, "cmp"); foreach ($a as $key => $value) { echo "$key: $value "; } ?> The above example will output: 0: 1 1: 2 2: 3 3: 5 4: 6 Note Obviously in this trivial case the sort(3) function would be more appropriate. Example #2 usort(3) example using multi-dimensional array <?php function cmp($a, $b) { return strcmp($a["fruit"], $b["fruit"]); } $fruits[0]["fruit"] = "lemons"; $fruits[1]["fruit"] = "apples"; $fruits[2]["fruit"] = "grapes"; usort($fruits, "cmp"); while (list($key, $value) = each($fruits)) { echo "$fruits[$key]: " . $value["fruit"] . " "; } ?> When sorting a multi-dimensional array, $a and $b contain references to the first index of the array. The above example will output: $fruits[0]: apples $fruits[1]: grapes $fruits[2]: lemons Example #3 usort(3) example using a member function of an object <?php class TestObj { var $name; function TestObj($name) { $this->name = $name; } /* This is the static comparing function: */ static function cmp_obj($a, $b) { $al = strtolower($a->name); $bl = strtolower($b->name); if ($al == $bl) { return 0; } return ($al > $bl) ? +1 : -1; } } $a[] = new TestObj("c"); $a[] = new TestObj("b"); $a[] = new TestObj("d"); usort($a, array("TestObj", "cmp_obj")); foreach ($a as $item) { echo $item->name . " "; } ?> The above example will output: b c d Example #4 usort(3) example using a closure to sort a multi-dimensional array <?php $array[0] = array('key_a' => 'z', 'key_b' => 'c'); $array[1] = array('key_a' => 'x', 'key_b' => 'b'); $array[2] = array('key_a' => 'y', 'key_b' => 'a'); function build_sorter($key) { return function ($a, $b) use ($key) { return strnatcmp($a[$key], $b[$key]); }; } usort($array, build_sorter('key_b')); foreach ($array as $item) { echo $item['key_a'] . ', ' . $item['key_b'] . " "; } ?> The above example will output: y, a x, b z, c SEE ALSO
uasort(3), The comparison of array sorting functions. PHP Documentation Group USORT(3)