Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: .logout
Operating Systems Solaris .logout Post 302153236 by jlliagre on Monday 24th of December 2007 04:08:08 AM
Old 12-24-2007
Actually, with sh and ksh,
Code:
trap "$HOME/.logout EXIT"

can be use for the very same purpose.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

logout command

hi all The "last" command shows the last login time of the user. is there any command for last logout time. as usual, replies are appreciated. thanks boys. raguram R (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: raguramtgr
6 Replies

2. Red Hat

How do you logout from a session?

Hello all - I'm finishing up a script that I wrote. This is what I did: I added some lines to the .bash_profile that will call my startup script: cd $HOME/startup ./startup.scr This startup script will create some directories, move some files, and then startup an application: cd... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Heron
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

logout

Every time the ksh script completes I got message - logout. I don't want to see this message.... Can someone give me a clue Thanks in advance. ZAM SunOS 5.9 Generic_118558-19 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-880 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zam
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

.logout help

We have an application that uses the csh shell as the default. We can not change this as when we upgrade it will change back to csh. We have several people that log in with this id. I would like to create a .logout exit script to audit what transactions were performed, termal, etc. Does... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2dumb
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

auto logout

How do I disable the auto logout for remote logins to a host (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lethgowerboy
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Exit or logout

When I want to close my session I can use exit or logout, and a lot of manuals use both of them indistinctly. So, Is there any difference between exit or logout?? Or are both of them exactly the same command?? I forgot to mention that I am using a RedHat Unix. Thanks for your help. Kinai. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kinai
1 Replies

7. Linux

What happens when user logout?

Hi When executing some commands, we need to re-login into the account. What happens when logged out and login ? Are there any scripts (.bashrc .... ) to be executed or to update system files. Help Me .......... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yhacks
1 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Help with a logout scrpt

Hi, I'm new to Linux and this forums. I was working on a logout script and was wondering if anyone could help me out. What I'm trying to do is to delete the content of the ~/tmp/ directory and also to perform a check if any processes are currently running befor logout. this is what I have ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zexin
1 Replies

9. HP-UX

How to logout

Hi I am using UNIX version. HP-UX HP-UNIX B.11.00 I am writing a script which on certain condition should logout of unix. But with exit command i am not able to get this.. Plz suggest how i should logout of the session directly. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: manish.s
9 Replies

10. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

unix.com keeps logout me

Hi Admin, I am living in singapore. When i use the unix.com in office, it works well ( in that time, it says "you are somewhere around USA(some country) - because my proxy is USA" Once i come to home and connects, it keeps logout... is that any settings i need to change ? ---------- Post... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itkamaraj
1 Replies
xfce4-session-logout(1) 				      General Commands Manual					   xfce4-session-logout(1)

NAME
xfce4-session-logout - Logs out from Xfce SYNOPSIS
xfce4-session-logout DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the xfce4-session-logout command. The xfce4-session-logout command allows you to programmatically logout from your Xfce session. It requests the session manager to display the logout confirmation screen, or, if given one of the command-line options below, causes the session manager to take the requested action immediately. OPTIONS
xfce4-session-logout takes the following command line options: --logout Log out without displaying the logout dialog. --halt Halt without displaing the logout dialog. --reboot Reboot without displaying the logout dialog. --suspend Suspend without displaying the logout dialog. --hibernate Hibernate without displaying the logout dialog. --fast Do a fast shutdown. This instructs the session manager not to save the session, but instead to quit everything quickly. --help Print a help screen and exit. --version Output version information and exit. AUTHOR
xfce4-session-logout and this manual page were written by Brian Tarricone <kelnos@xfce.org> and Benedikt Meurer <benny@xfce.org> as part of the Xfce project. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to http://bugzilla.xfce.org/. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2004 Benedikt Meurer. Copyright (C) 2008 Brian Tarricone. Oct 7, 2008 xfce4-session-logout(1)