Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: DNS Djbdns Choice Problem
Special Forums IP Networking DNS Djbdns Choice Problem Post 302153172 by Peter_APIIT on Sunday 23rd of December 2007 09:31:22 PM
Old 12-23-2007
I think i should choose between these two :

How to run an external cache for your network
How to run an external forwarding cache

Does the second one server my local network and forward cache also ?

Thanks.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

dns problem

helo all i got problem in my network i got sun 206 and i work with sendmail when i had the praimery dns of my isp i can send mail from the server but i cant send from the clinet (outlook in the network) and if i chnage it to secundery dns off my isp i can send frome the server and frome the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nis
2 Replies

2. IP Networking

DNS problem

Hello! I´ve got a problem with the dns on one of our servers. When i try to look someting up with either nslookup or ping i get the folowing error message. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- # nslookup sun.com *** Can't find server name for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dozy
4 Replies

3. IP Networking

DNS Problem

Hello Everyone, I am working on a HP-Unix machine and I am trying to get it to use the University's DNS servers. Long story short... the resolv.conf file is ok : nameserver 149.150.51.1 nameserver 149.150.51.2 search shu.edu The hosts file is ok. And when I make the nsswitch.conf file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: loslappy
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

DNS problem

Hi all, I have got the message of "*** Can't find server name for address 10.131.120.50: Server failed" when I typed nslookup on the DNS server I setup the /etc/named.conf and all the data files in /var/named and start the named daemon. I also mae appropriate change on the resolv.conf and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stancwong
2 Replies

5. Solaris

DNS Problem

hello !!! I have some problem for Sun Solaris DNS i already configured named.boot , named.rev, named.hosts but when i start the DNS service there is an error " error cannot find named.conf " in my manual there is no named.conf configuration it said that if you configure named.boot... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: giancarlodjabon
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

Mail Problem. Maybe, it is a DNS Problem!

Hi, i've a redhat linux 9 upadated by redhat from 7 version to 9 version. A couple of days ago i was a problem with my mail, in other words i'm not able to get any email nor to send any email. I've a proxy configuration and i tried to set iptables in order to verify the port. The 110,255 and 995... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pintalgi
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

DNS server choice: Windows DNS vs Linux BIND

I'd like to get some opnions on choosing DNS server: Windows DNS vs Linux BIND comparrsion: 1) managment, easy of use 2) Security 3) features 4) peformance 5) ?? I personally prefer Windows DNS server for management, it supports GUI and command line. But I am not sure about security... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: honglus
2 Replies

8. IP Networking

DNS problem?

I uploaded a new domain and I am having problems with the paths... Works..shop.mydomain.com/index.php?main_page=contact. Does Not Work..shop.mydomain.com/contact/. copied the entire directory from a working directory and changed the appropriate paths where necessary (as usual) so ...? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tifischer
3 Replies

9. Programming

Help with djbdns code

Hi, I need help to rewrite djbdns source code to accept 1024 bytes via UDP (limit is 512) #include <stdio.h> #include <unistd.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/stat.h> #include "uint16.h" #include "uint32.h" #include "str.h" #include "byte.h" #include "fmt.h" #include "ip4.h"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cain82
0 Replies
define cached server(1m)												  define cached server(1m)

NAME
define cached server - Creates knowledge of a server in the local clerk's cache SYNOPSIS
cdscp define cached server name tower value ARGUMENTS
A simple name for the cached server. The protocol sequence and network address of the server node. The format is protocol-sequence:net- work-address. A protocol-sequence is a character string identifying the network protocols used to establish a relationship between a client and server. There are two choices of protocol sequence, depending on the network address that is supplied in the binding: ncacn_ip_tcp or ncadg_ip_udp. For the network-address, specify an Internet address using the common Internet address notation. For more information about this format, see the RPC introduction in the DCE Application Development Reference. DESCRIPTION
The define cached server command creates knowledge of a server in the local clerk's cache. This command is typically used to manually pro- vide configuration information to a clerk that cannot automatically configure itself. This is required, for instance, to give the clerk addressing information about a server across a WAN. Once the clerk knows about one server, it can find other servers through referrals. Privilege Required You must have write permission to the clerk. NOTE
This command is replaced at Revision 1.1 by the dcecp command and may not be provided in future releases of DCE. EXAMPLES
The following command creates knowledge of the server nrl in the local clerk's cache: cdscp> define cached server nrl tower ncacn_ip_tcp:16.20.15.25 RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: clear cached server(1m), dump clerk cache(1m), show cached server(1m) Books: OSF DCE Application Development Reference define cached server(1m)