Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: DNS Djbdns Choice Problem
Special Forums IP Networking DNS Djbdns Choice Problem Post 302153172 by Peter_APIIT on Sunday 23rd of December 2007 09:31:22 PM
Old 12-23-2007
I think i should choose between these two :

How to run an external cache for your network
How to run an external forwarding cache

Does the second one server my local network and forward cache also ?

Thanks.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

dns problem

helo all i got problem in my network i got sun 206 and i work with sendmail when i had the praimery dns of my isp i can send mail from the server but i cant send from the clinet (outlook in the network) and if i chnage it to secundery dns off my isp i can send frome the server and frome the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nis
2 Replies

2. IP Networking

DNS problem

Hello! I´ve got a problem with the dns on one of our servers. When i try to look someting up with either nslookup or ping i get the folowing error message. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- # nslookup sun.com *** Can't find server name for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dozy
4 Replies

3. IP Networking

DNS Problem

Hello Everyone, I am working on a HP-Unix machine and I am trying to get it to use the University's DNS servers. Long story short... the resolv.conf file is ok : nameserver 149.150.51.1 nameserver 149.150.51.2 search shu.edu The hosts file is ok. And when I make the nsswitch.conf file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: loslappy
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

DNS problem

Hi all, I have got the message of "*** Can't find server name for address 10.131.120.50: Server failed" when I typed nslookup on the DNS server I setup the /etc/named.conf and all the data files in /var/named and start the named daemon. I also mae appropriate change on the resolv.conf and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stancwong
2 Replies

5. Solaris

DNS Problem

hello !!! I have some problem for Sun Solaris DNS i already configured named.boot , named.rev, named.hosts but when i start the DNS service there is an error " error cannot find named.conf " in my manual there is no named.conf configuration it said that if you configure named.boot... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: giancarlodjabon
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

Mail Problem. Maybe, it is a DNS Problem!

Hi, i've a redhat linux 9 upadated by redhat from 7 version to 9 version. A couple of days ago i was a problem with my mail, in other words i'm not able to get any email nor to send any email. I've a proxy configuration and i tried to set iptables in order to verify the port. The 110,255 and 995... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pintalgi
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

DNS server choice: Windows DNS vs Linux BIND

I'd like to get some opnions on choosing DNS server: Windows DNS vs Linux BIND comparrsion: 1) managment, easy of use 2) Security 3) features 4) peformance 5) ?? I personally prefer Windows DNS server for management, it supports GUI and command line. But I am not sure about security... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: honglus
2 Replies

8. IP Networking

DNS problem?

I uploaded a new domain and I am having problems with the paths... Works..shop.mydomain.com/index.php?main_page=contact. Does Not Work..shop.mydomain.com/contact/. copied the entire directory from a working directory and changed the appropriate paths where necessary (as usual) so ...? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tifischer
3 Replies

9. Programming

Help with djbdns code

Hi, I need help to rewrite djbdns source code to accept 1024 bytes via UDP (limit is 512) #include <stdio.h> #include <unistd.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/stat.h> #include "uint16.h" #include "uint32.h" #include "str.h" #include "byte.h" #include "fmt.h" #include "ip4.h"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cain82
0 Replies
avahi-dnsconfd.action(8)				      System Manager's Manual					  avahi-dnsconfd.action(8)

NAME
avahi-dnsconfd.action - avahi-dnsconfd action script SYNOPSIS
/etc/avahi/avahi-dnsconfd.action DESCRIPTION
avahi-dnsconfd.action is the action script that is called whenever a new unicast DNS server is found or removed by avahi-dnsconfd. The default script as shipped with avahi patches /etc/resolv.conf to reflect the changed unicast DNS server configuration. PARAMETERS
argv[1] Contains the character "+" if the DNS server is new, "-" when it shall be removed from the DNS server list. argv[2] The IP address of the DNS server. argv[3] Numerical network interface number this DNS server was found on. argv[4] Numerical protocol number this DNS server was found on. (usually 2 for IPv4 and 10 for IPv6) ENVIRONMENT
AVAHI_INTERFACE Contains the textual interface name the corresponds with argv[3]. (e.g. "eth0") AVAHI_INTERFACE_DNS_SERVERS Contains a list of all DNS servers that avahi-dnsconfd found on the interface $AVAHI_INTERFACE, separated by spaces. AVAHI_DNS_SERVERS Contains a list of all DNS server that avahi-dnsconfd found on all interfaces, separated by spaces. AUTHORS
The Avahi Developers <avahi (at) lists (dot) freedesktop (dot) org>; Avahi is available from http://avahi.org/ SEE ALSO
avahi-dnsconfd(8), avahi-daemon(8) COMMENTS
This man page was written using xml2man(1) by Oliver Kurth. Manuals User avahi-dnsconfd.action(8)