Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Ftp all the generated files
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Ftp all the generated files Post 302152913 by ghostdog74 on Saturday 22nd of December 2007 05:46:28 AM
Old 12-22-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by im_new
Thanks for the suggestion..
Actually the files are having format as- unique'timestamp'.rtf e.g
UNIQUE20071219030529.rtf

& the filename changes as per the timestamp.
Hw can I keep track of these files?
it doesn't matter, as the file is created, it will have an OS time stamp. Use the OS time stamp should be ok.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to FTP fiels according to generated date

Hi, I need to get some files from a server via ftp. normaly I use following scrip, it is worrking fine. cd dir_name ftp -v -n "10.76.170.17" << cmd user "rbi" "rbi" cd recordreceive prompt... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: maheshsri
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to list all the files which are not generated today

How to list all the files which are not generated today, and move all the above files to backup dir. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: redlotus72
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Type v for generated files

Hi All, I was checking some of the files and I got the following entries:- =============== v, 664, serv, serv, version.txt, exe L, 775, serv, serv, start.sh, eventserv ================ Could someone please tell me what does the type"v" and "L" represent to. I have not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shubhranshu
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i remove the files generated on 10 days before!!!

Dear Friends! i am wirking on the IBM AIX version 5.3. and i wrote a script to delete the files whicha re generated on 10 days before to the present day. but iam not able to delete the files with the below script so please check and correct me. dt=`TZ=aaa480 date +%d`... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: innamuri.ravi
2 Replies

5. Solaris

core files not getting generated

Hi, We have an application ASPA . The application related processes are running in /ASPA/bin directory . now whenever a process terminates abruptly , a core file should be generated (correct me if i am wrong) in the /ASPA/bin directory . But i am not able to see any such files . The... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: asalman.qazi
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting list of files generated last 10 seconds

I was trying to figure out in Korn shell but this may apply elsewhere how to generate a list of files from a directory created in the last 10 seconds or less. I have used the find command in the past with -mtime which is measured in days to get a list of files older than say 7 days for example. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lee_murray
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Files generated by a particular user

Hi I have the following files generated by different users on a directory -rw-rw-r-- 1 NAME1 database03 809 Nov 17 10:41 PCAS_CARD_TRANS_OFF.1111171041.lg -rw-rw-r-- 1 richard ccsdba 10968411 Nov 17 10:43 load_123_RX0_0.1111171016.lg -rw-rw-r-- 1 DEV db03 10713 Nov 17... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby1015
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Files generated today

I would like to find the Files which are generated today in the current directory: I use the commad ls -lrt * | egrep " `date "+%b"` * `date "+%d"` to acheive this. Is there any better way to acquire the same. Multiple answers will be great. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kusathy
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Empty lines at the end of the payload generated in FTP server

Hi All, I am facing an issue in one of the use cases that I am trying to implement. I am getting a purchase order from one of the trading partners through Oracle B2B. B2B forwards this B2BM (B2B message ) to AIAB2BInterface. From AIAB2BInterface my BPEL process gets invoked, which in turn... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mayank2211
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pick only the files which are generated in one hour?

Hello Masters, I need one help. I want to copy the files which are continuously generating on one server. But this would be on hourly basis. e.g. -rw-rw-r-- 1 akore akore 0 Feb 12 03:20 test1.log -rw-rw-r-- 1 akore akore 0 Feb 12 03:42 test2.log -rw-rw-r-- 1 akore akore 0 Feb 12 04:22... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akore83
2 Replies
FTPD(8) 						      System Manager's Manual							   FTPD(8)

NAME
ftpd, in.ftpd, setup.anonftp - DARPA Internet File Transfer Protocol server SYNOPSIS
ftp stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/in.ftpd in.ftpd tcpd ftp /usr/sbin/in.ftpd DESCRIPTION
Ftpd is the DARPA Internet File Transfer Prototocol server process. The server uses the TCP protocol and listens at the port specified in the ``ftp'' service specification; see services(5). The ftp server currently supports the following ftp requests; case is not distinguished. Request Description ABOR abort previous command ACCT specify account (ignored) ALLO allocate storage (vacuously) APPE append to a file CDUP change to parent of current working directory CWD change working directory DELE delete a file HELP give help information LIST give list files in a directory (``ls -lA'') MKD make a directory MODE specify data transfer mode NLST give name list of files in directory (``ls'') NOOP do nothing PASS specify password PASV prepare for server-to-server transfer PORT specify data connection port PWD print the current working directory QUIT terminate session RETR retrieve a file RMD remove a directory RNFR specify rename-from file name RNTO specify rename-to file name STOR store a file STOU store a file with a unique name STRU specify data transfer structure TYPE specify data transfer type USER specify user name XCUP change to parent of current working directory XCWD change working directory XMKD make a directory XPWD print the current working directory XRMD remove a directory The remaining ftp requests specified in Internet RFC 959 are recognized, but not implemented. The ftp server will abort an active file transfer only when the ABOR command is preceded by a Telnet "Interrupt Process" (IP) signal and a Telnet "Synch" signal in the command Telnet stream, as described in Internet RFC 959. Ftpd interprets file names according to the ``globbing'' conventions used by csh(1). This allows users to utilize the metacharacters ``*?[]{}~''. Ftpd authenticates users according to three rules. 1) The user name must be in the password data base, /etc/passwd, and not have a null password. In this case a password must be pro- vided by the client before any file operations may be performed. 2) The user name must not appear in the file /etc/ftpusers. 3) If the user name is ``anonymous'' or ``ftp'', an anonymous ftp account must be present in the password file (user ``ftp''). In this case the user is allowed to log in by specifying any password (by convention this is given as the client host's name). In the last case, ftpd takes special measures to restrict the client's access privileges. The server performs a chroot(2) command to the home directory of the ``ftp'' user. In order that system security is not breached, it is recommended that the ``ftp'' subtree be con- structed with care; the following rules are recommended. ~ftp) Make the home directory owned by ``ftp'' and unwritable by anyone. ~ftp/bin) Make this directory owned by the super-user and unwritable by anyone. The program ls(1) must be present to support the list com- mands. This program should have mode 111. ~ftp/etc) Make this directory owned by the super-user and unwritable by anyone. The files passwd(5) and group(5) must be present for the ls command to work properly. These files should be mode 444. ~ftp/pub) Make this directory mode 755 and owned by the super-user. Create directories in it owned by users if those users want to manage an anonymous ftp directory. ~ftp/pub/incoming) Optionally create this directory for anonymous uploads. Make it mode 777. The FTP daemon will create files with mode 266, so remote users can write a file, but only local users can do something with it. The script setup.anonftp can be used to create or check an anonymous FTP tree. SEE ALSO
ftp(1). BUGS
The anonymous account is inherently dangerous and should avoided when possible. FTPD(8)