Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: RS-232 C++ Programming
Top Forums Programming RS-232 C++ Programming Post 302152888 by porter on Friday 21st of December 2007 10:04:18 PM
Old 12-21-2007
Serial Programming Guide for POSIX Operating Systems - Michael R Sweet

http://www.lafn.org/~dave/linux/Seri...ming-HOWTO.txt

It's amazing what you can come up with in two minutes using google these days.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

XIO: fatal IO error 232 (Connection reset by peer) on X server "192.168.1.239:0.0"

Hi All... I'm newbie here..., i have problem when installing oracle9206, i use HPUX 11.11, i'm using Xmanager enterprise 2.1 for forwarding from server A to my laptop # export DISPLAY=192.168.1.239:0.0 # echo $DISPLAY output ==> 192.168.1.239:0.0 at the oracle directory, i execute ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: grimanda
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Carreer:Networking Programming in Unix (C programming Language)

Hello, I am trying to learn Networking Programming in C in unix enviorment. I want to know how good it is to become a network programmer. i am crazy about Network programming but i also want to opt for the best carreer options. Anybody experienced Network Programmer, please tell me is my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhory2j
5 Replies

3. AIX

Console Setup for RS-232 port on 9131-52A

Hi, I have tried to setup the console on a Power5 9131-52A type IBM Server. On the back there are 2 RS-232 ports labeled T1 T2. I am going under the assuming that these are the serial ports (Normally the serial ports are S1 S0). When I finish assigning the console under smit, I get no response... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
3 Replies

4. Programming

RS 232, CentOS 5.6, gcc 3.4.9

Hello! Can somebody help me with one problem. I write driver for I/o from COM port. That's the main code: #include <stdio.h> // standard input / output functions #include <string.h> // string function definitions #include <unistd.h> // UNIX standard function definitions #include <fcntl.h>... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: alter_man
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

From iOS programming to Linux system programming

Hello. I like Linux and C programming language. Allways wanted to understand kernel and become a Linux system programmer. And I also like Objective-C and iOS. These two programming areas have relations: 1. Linux and iOS are UNIX-like systems, POSIX compliant. 2. It is useful to know C language... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rockatansky
2 Replies
UMCT(4) 						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						   UMCT(4)

NAME
umct -- Magic Control Technology USB-RS232 converter driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device umct device ucom Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): umct_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The umct driver provides support for USB to RS-232 converters based on the Magic Control Technology USB-232 design. These devices support most of the standard RS-232 features including baud rates ranging from 300 to 115200 bits per second. However, neither hardware nor software flow control seems to be supported. Access to devices under this driver is via the ucom(4) framework and device nodes. HARDWARE
The umct driver supports the following adapters: o Belkin F5U109 o Belkin F5U409 o D-Link DU-H3SP USB BAY Hub o Magic Control Technology USB-232 o Sitecom USB-232 SEE ALSO
tty(4), ucom(4), usb(4) HISTORY
The umct driver appeared in FreeBSD 5.2. It is loosely based on the ubsa(4) driver by Alexander Kabaev <kan@FreeBSD.org> with documentation from Wolfgang Grandeggar <wolfgang@cec.ch>. AUTHORS
The umct driver was written by Scott Long <scottl@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
November 22, 2006 BSD