Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: [ C++ ] Drawing Program.
Top Forums Programming [ C++ ] Drawing Program. Post 302152839 by porter on Friday 21st of December 2007 01:44:00 PM
Old 12-21-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max_Payne
for example:
Code:
---------
|  .    . |
|    .    |
|  ---- |
---------

I just need a hint.
Cool. So what is the output page, is it an array of characters?

I would do it by restricting yourself to drawing

(a) horizontal lines
(b) vertical line
(c) dots

When you draw a horizontal line, use the "-" character, when a vertical line use a "|", and when a dot use a ".". Have a coordinate system based on characters.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Line-drawing character!

Hi guys, I'm trying to make my program to print out tables usings line-drawing character (alternate char. set) with Curses Library. However, it always prints out control characters (^@) instead of the correct ones. code example: mvwaddch(my_window, 23, 12, ACS_RTEE); appreciate your help,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zecoj
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Drawing

Hi, Is it possible to draw circle, box and other basic shapes using shell scripts ? If so can anyone please tell as how to do it. Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abrd600
3 Replies

3. Programming

problems with drawing in x using xlib

Hi all, I'm currently learning xlib and I've encountered a bizarre mistake: function calls such as XDrawPoint, XDrawLine, etc., don't seem to work; a blank window with nothing in is appears. I believe this has something to do with the window manager I use, fluxbox. After checking the code and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hydronium
0 Replies

4. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Question Regarding Megabits Drawing

Dear Admins / Mods, I have been trying my luck with Megabits Drawing few times ;) but I am not sure how it works! :confused: http://i49.tinypic.com/2ake15f.jpg I have few questions:- Why this page for me is still showing 3 Lotto & 4 SuperForumLotto purchased even after the drawing... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yoda
22 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Server room drawing software

Hello All, I want to get ride of Excel/word and want some software to draw my server room racks/server and overall topology. Please share you opinion/experience. thanks inadvance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vit0_Corleone
1 Replies
hline(3XCURSES) 					  X/Open Curses Library Functions					   hline(3XCURSES)

NAME
hline, mvhline, mvvline, mvwhline, mvwvline, vline, whline, wvline - use single-byte characters (and renditions) to draw lines SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -I /usr/xpg4/include -L /usr/xpg4/lib -R /usr/xpg4/lib -lcurses [ library... ] c89 [ flag... ] file... -lcurses [ library... ] #include <curses.h> int hline(chtype ch, int n); int mvhline(int y, int x, chtype ch, int n); int mvvline(int y, int x, chtype ch, int n); int mvwhline(WINDOW *win, int y, int x, chtype ch, int n); int mvwvline(WINDOW *win, int y, int x, chtype ch, int n); int vline(chtype ch, int n); int whline(WINDOW *win, chtype ch, int n); int wvline(WINDOW *win, chtype ch, int n); DESCRIPTION
The hline(), vline(), whline(), wvline() functions draw a horizontal or vertical line, in either the window stdscr or win starting at the current cursor position. The line is drawn using the character ch and is a maximum of n positions long, or as many as will fit into the window. If ch is 0 (zero), the default horizontal or vertical character is used. The mvhline(), mvvline(), mvwhline(), mvwvline() functions are similar to the previous group of functions but the line begins at cursor position specified by x and y. The functions with names ending with hline() draw horizontal lines proceeding towards the last column of the same line. The functions with names ending with vline() draw vertical lines proceeding towards the last column of the same line. These functions do not change the position of the cursor. PARAMETERS
ch Is the character used to draw the line. n Is the maximum number of characters in the line. y Is the y (row) coordinate for the start of the line. x Is the x (column) coordinate for the start of the line. win Is a pointer to a window. RETURN VALUES
On success, these functions return OK. Otherwise, they return ERR. ERRORS
None ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
border(3XCURSES), border_set(3XCURSES), hline_set(3XCURSES), libcurses(3XCURSES), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.11 5 Jun 2002 hline(3XCURSES)