Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Pls guide me in learning in Perl Module and packages Post 302152737 by Yamini Thoppen on Friday 21st of December 2007 02:55:09 AM
Old 12-21-2007
Thanks.

Pls dont ask hot questions.
I am learning Perl now and I have a knowledge of Module and package. Without knowing perl, how can i know Module and package is there in Perl.

Anyhow i learnt one thing from you.
Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Learning CGI using Perl

hi everyone, i am learning CGI using Perl, but i am having problem to compile and run the scripts. the thing is that, when i want to compile my scripts i have to get connected to the internet and have to upload the scripts to a server and then only i can compile and run my scripts. so, can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shifan
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Learning Perl 3rd Edition

Does anyone know where I might be able to download the exercises from the learning perl 3rd edition book. Any URL's would be valuable! Thanks:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bilal_aa
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace Perl Module name in all Perl scripts

I want to replace a Perl module name in all my Perl Scripts in the cgi-bin directory. How is it possible? I have the following statement in my scripts use myUtil; I want to change it to use myUtil777; Regards, Rahul (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pls guide this..

in what real time scenerios we write shell scripts in oracle (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ss4u
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Good learning perl Book

Can anyone suggest a good pearl book?:) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nygenka
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Learning Perl

Folks! Anyone please explain the behavior of this program step by step. Thanks. #! /usr/bin/perl $testfile = "./testfile2"; for ( $i = 1, $i <= 5, $i++) { open ($FILE, ">", $testfile); print ($FILE "Output 1 \n"); close ($FILE); } print "The value of (4 * 2) / 2 is "; print (4 * 2)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: huko99
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling perl subroutine from perl expect module

All, Is it possible to call a subroutine from the perl expect module after logging to a system that is within the same program. My situation is I need to run a logic inside a machine that I'm logging in using the expect module, the logic is also available in the same expect program. Thanks,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun_maffy
5 Replies

8. AIX

LEARNING AIX - PLS GUID MY BRO 'S & SISTERS !

Hi, I am harsath , am new to UNIX- Aix ust started to learning , interested in working with servers , is it necessary to know shell scripting before learning aix, will i get job only if i know aix .... pls reply..... Thanks in advance.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: harsath24330
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

What do people think of the "Beginning Perl" book for learning Perl?

Seems like it's written out pretty well for a beginner to learn, any thoughts or recommendations for other books? I'd post the link but I can't do that yet. The book is called "Beginning Perl" by Simon Cozens (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: budfoxcat
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PERL-CGI learning

Hello All, I am actually learning PERL and more interested to learn CGI script too. Can any suggest a forum or weblink which is more helpful for a dummy CGI developer. Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: posix
6 Replies
UPDATE-RCCONF-GUIDE(8)						 Debian GNU/Linux					    UPDATE-RCCONF-GUIDE(8)

NAME
update-rcconf-guide - Create default guide file for rcconf SYNOPSIS
update-rcconf-guide DESCRIPTION
Update-rcconf-guide creates the default guide file which rcconf uses. Update-rcconf-guide searches the package names corresponding to each service file in /etc/init.d directory from dpkg info files(/var/lib/dpkg/info/*.list) and get the description of these packages using apt-cache. Update-rcconf-guide uses Short-Description in priority to the description if service files has Short-Description field. Update-rcconf-guide writes those results to /var/lib/rcconf/guide.default file. You can write your own guide in user guide file(/var/lib/rcconf/guide) by hand. Rcconf refers Guides in /var/lib/rcconf/guide before those in /var/lib/rcconf/guide.default. If you install some packages after executed update-rcconf-guide, you need to re-create this file using update-rcconf-guide so as to refresh guide.default that includes new guides for installed new services. Notice: update-rcconf-guide was not executed when you installed rcconf package. FILE
/var/lib/rcconf/guide.default Guide File update-rcconf-guide generates. /var/lib/rcconf/guide Guide File user(Administrator) can define. SEE ALSO
rcconf(8) AUTHOR
Atsushi KAMOSHIDA <kamop@debian.org> perl v5.10.1 2009-01-21 UPDATE-RCCONF-GUIDE(8)