Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Use Send command of Expect package Post 302152702 by neha123 on Friday 21st of December 2007 12:00:37 AM
Old 12-21-2007
Hi,
Please tell me the send comamnd in Expect for keyboard inputs like pres sspacebar.UP and Down arrow keys.
I am searching in Google but not succeeded.
It is very urgent ..Please let me know.
Thanks,

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect Send

Dear All, I wanna write a script in which it expect something and if it gets whats expected then send the command relating to that. for instance Userame: Asad Required Password for Asad: ****** I tried to use the expect key word but its does not work. I am using Solaris 8/9 If... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asadlone
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is there a way to ask expect wait for sometime before running the next send command ?

Hi all, After expect catches the string I specify, is there a way to ask expect wait for sometime before running the next send command ? So my script looks like following, expect "some string" #How to ask expect to wait for a while send "next command" The reason I want to do this is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: qiulang
0 Replies

3. Solaris

expect package is not invoked from cron

Hi, I am running some etl commands in the windows from shell script(from unix sun solaris 5.9) by using expect package .While running manually the script is working fine.While running from cron it is exiting the after successfully firing the ETL command(The control does not stop after firing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megh
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command substitution in send/expect. Please help!

Hi, the following code is not working. How can I cat the last modified file in the path /asdf. Please help! expect "asdf%" {send "cat `ls -rt /asdf|tail -1` \r"} (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thulasidharan2k
2 Replies

5. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Problem when trying to remove a package using rpm command - error: package is not installed

Hello, i have installed a package by using the command sudo rpm -i filepackage.rpm package filepackage is already installed when i try to remove it, i get an error saying "is not installed": sudo rpm -e filepackage.rpm error: package filepackage is not installed How can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: g_p
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing values in expect package

i am having specific number of input( as per o/p of another script) say 10 like d1,d2,d3....d10 i want to pass these o/p to expect script.But i don't know how to do that the the input to the expect script should be like this /expect_script.exp $d1 $d2......$dn as this "dn" depends in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagar_1986
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in automating "fdisk" command using send and expect

hi i want to automate fdisk command . i spawned a process containing fdisk command from a process and tried to send the options to fdisk promt from that process. but that spawed process is notstarting itself help me out trying for two days :wall: my code: #!/bin/bash echo... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagak89
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use expect and send command in UNIX/Linux?

Hello Everyone, I am executing a unix script which logs into 50+ servers (netapp servers) and runs some commands and captures output locally. Below is the code snippet. file1.txt has names of all the remote servers where I am logging in. #!/bin/ksh #!/usr/bin/expect touch... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahul2662
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect command to send the user input enter or ctrl+c

Hey All, I am writing one script using expect, that script which is used in spawn will accepts only 1. Enter 2. Ctrl+c Press Control-C to exit, Enter to proceed. Could some one share some thoughts to send the above user inputs in linux expect block ? Thanks, Sam (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SCHITIMA
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

To send ID and Password for each command using expect feature in bash script

Dear Tech Guys, I am trying to send some commands on the local server and it always asks for user name and password after each command. To serve the purpose I am using expect function as follows: #!/usr/bin/expect set timeout 20 spawn "./data1.sh" expect "Please Enter UserName: "... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xtreme
6 Replies
NE_SET_REQUEST_E(3)						neon API reference					       NE_SET_REQUEST_E(3)

NAME
ne_set_request_expect100 - function to enable Expect: 100-continue support SYNOPSIS
#include <ne_request.h> void ne_set_request_expect100 (ne_request *request, int flag); DESCRIPTION
An extension introduced in the HTTP/1.1 specification was the use of the Expect: 100-continue header. This header allows an HTTP client to be informed of the expected response status before the request message body is sent: a useful optimisation for situations where a large message body is to be sent. The ne_set_request_expect100 function can be used to enable this feature by passing the flag parameter as any non-zero integer. Warning Unfortunately, if this header is sent to a server which is not fully compliant with the HTTP/1.1 specification, a deadlock occurs resulting in a temporarily "hung" connection. neon will recover gracefully from this situation, but only after a 15 second timeout. It is highly recommended that this option is not enabled unless it is known that the server in use correctly implements Expect: 100-continue support. SEE ALSO
ne_request_create(3). AUTHOR
Joe Orton <neon@webdav.org>. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWneon | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | Volatile | +--------------------+-----------------+ NOTES
Source for Neon is available on http://opensolaris.org. neon 0.25.5 20 January 2006 NE_SET_REQUEST_E(3)