Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unix is killing mysql or something else is happening Post 302152687 by Legend986 on Thursday 20th of December 2007 10:02:08 PM
Old 12-20-2007
Someone please?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Ping is happening, telnet is not happening

HI all, Ping is happening to a AIX box...but telnet is not happening... AIX box doesn't have any conslole... Please help how to resolve it. Thanks in advance .. Manu (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: b_manu78
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

killing unix job after the job process completes

Hi, Thanks in advance. i need to kill a unix background running job after that job process completes. i can kill a job by giving the following unix command kill -9 processid how to kill the job after the current process run gets completed ? Appreciate your valuable help. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dtazv
1 Replies

3. Solaris

killing a unix job after the job process gets completed

Hi, Thanks in advance. i need to kill a unix background running job after that job process completes. i can kill a job by giving the following unix command kill -9 processid how to kill the job after the current process run gets completed ? Appreciate your valuable help. Thanks... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dtazv
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what's happening with my keyboard

hi everybody. i ussually use unix and windows, but mainly unix-mandriva distribution, and i have a problem. i have like main os unix, and windows as secondary, and this one is loaded by vmware application. well, when a i load vmware to execute windows afterwards when i return to unix, in this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tonet
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Killing a process within 5 min it starts in Unix using perl

Hi All, I have to kill a program whose pid, i will be getting. Multiple processes will be getting started by my script of same kind in a series. So for after each call to a process i need to write a command or script which can kill the process if it takes more than 5min. In this i will... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nishank.jain
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding the age of a unix process, killing old processes, killing zombie processes

I had issues with processes locking up. This script checks for processes and kills them if they are older than a certain time. Its uses some functions you'll need to define or remove, like slog() which I use for logging, and is_running() which checks if this script is already running so you can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sukerman
0 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Unix pkill error; does wily obstruct me killing the process?

have two scripts on Unix; one that starts some processes and the other one for killing a process. At first, I ran the .sh without WILY in it and it worked perfectly; in this way, I could also ran my stopper process. However I need WILY in this so I added it to my script but this time, a message... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nerdogan551
1 Replies

8. Fedora

Leap second happening

Have anybody heard about the Leap second problem Leap second :A leap second is a one-second adjustment that is occasionally applied to Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) in order to keep its time of day close to the mean solar time. How could i avoid such thing in my script which i deal with... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wnaguib
6 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Unix Script -- To Skip killing a specific process

Hi, By using ps -aux | awk '/mine/{split($15,a,"/");print $1,$2,a}' i get the below listed PID's with there corresponding processes. adm 1522 ABC_Process.tra adm 1939 GENE_Process.tra adm 2729 GENE_Archive.tra adm 3259 xyz_Process.tra I use ps -aux | awk... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: murali1687
5 Replies

10. HP-UX

Get blank screen when killing a UNIX session on HP-UX

Hi, I have this Unix script that kills a user session. When I run it, my screen goes blank. How do I prevent the blank screen? Ex: I open 2 Unix sessions. The main PID for my 1st session is 1234. In the second session I issue a "kill -HUP 1234". The first session gets killed but the second... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rm-r
5 Replies
CGI::Session::Driver::mysql(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    CGI::Session::Driver::mysql(3)

NAME
CGI::Session::Driver::mysql - CGI::Session driver for MySQL database SYNOPSIS
$s = new CGI::Session( 'driver:mysql', $sid); $s = new CGI::Session( 'driver:mysql', $sid, { DataSource => 'dbi:mysql:test', User => 'sherzodr', Password => 'hello' }); $s = new CGI::Session( 'driver:mysql', $sid, { Handle => $dbh } ); DESCRIPTION
mysql stores session records in a MySQL table. For details see CGI::Session::Driver::DBI, its parent class. It's especially important for the MySQL driver that the session ID column be defined as a primary key, or at least "unique", like this: CREATE TABLE sessions ( id CHAR(32) NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY, a_session TEXT NOT NULL ); To use different column names, change the 'create table' statement, and then simply do this: $s = new CGI::Session('driver:mysql', undef, { TableName=>'session', IdColName=>'my_id', DataColName=>'my_data', DataSource=>'dbi:mysql:project', }); or $s = new CGI::Session('driver:mysql', undef, { TableName=>'session', IdColName=>'my_id', DataColName=>'my_data', Handle=>$dbh, }); DRIVER ARGUMENTS mysql driver supports all the arguments documented in CGI::Session::Driver::DBI. In addition, DataSource argument can optionally leave leading "dbi:mysql:" string out: $s = new CGI::Session( 'driver:mysql', $sid, {DataSource=>'shopping_cart'}); # is the same as: $s = new CGI::Session( 'driver:mysql', $sid, {DataSource=>'dbi:mysql:shopping_cart'}); BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY As of V 4.30, the global variable $CGI::Session::MySQL::TABLE_NAME cannot be used to set the session table's name. This is due to changes in CGI::Session::Driver's new() method, which now allows the table's name to be changed (as well as allowing both the 'id' column name and the 'a_session' column name to be changed). See the documentation for CGI::Session::Driver::DBI for details. In particular, the new syntax for "new()" applies to all database drivers, whereas the old - and bad - global variable method only applied to MySQL. Alternately, call $session -> table_name('new_name') just after creating the session object if you wish to change the session table's name. LICENSING
For support and licensing see CGI::Session. perl v5.16.3 2008-07-16 CGI::Session::Driver::mysql(3)