Sponsored Content
Operating Systems BSD PPPoE + mpd = MSN messenger not works Post 302152556 by sysgate on Thursday 20th of December 2007 07:54:16 AM
Old 12-20-2007
I looked at their documentation for a little, but having absolutely no experience with this daemon, my best shot would be :
Quote:
Mpd has extensive logging system supporting syslog. To direct logs into a file add lines
!mpd
*.* /var/log/mpd.log

into your /etc/syslog.conf file, create /var/log/mpd.log file and send SIGHUP to syslogd to reread config.
To enable all possible logging you can use 'log +all' command.
HTH.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

dns/pppoe Problems

I would appreciate any help anyone could give. I am having DNS problems... Here are the facts: linux: 2.2.16 Distrib: SUSE 7.0 pppd: rp-pppoe ISP: Verizon Avenue IP: Dynamic DNS: 10.5.0.65 ??? Default Gateway: 10.5.0.65 ???? I have tried putting the above IP into /etc/resolv.conf with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Recon
3 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

msn messenger behind a firewall

hi is there a way to use msn messenger behind a firewall that only allowed http (port 80)??? Maybe there is a patch or whatever...? i know that icq offers a "light version" to chat via http... please gimme a tip as soon as possible, boredom is getting me more everyday ......and to avoid it, i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomapam
3 Replies

3. SCO

pppoe

Greetings... I'm looking for a pppoe client for SCO SYS_V can u guys gimme some help ? a website address or even the program name would be just fine. Thanx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nEuRoMaNcEr
1 Replies

4. Solaris

effect of change of mpd preferred path settings

Hello All, In the output of the command "mpdcontrol -no xlist", I found that, some of the preferred paths are marked as "err". You can see the output below: # mpdcontrol -noxlist Unit Dev# MPD_ID/Policy DeviceName FC_AL DevMajMin IOcnt State... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sundar3350
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

msn messenger problem with squid

Dear All I m running Linux Proxy Server on RHEL-5 64bit for providing http access to users in my office, i m facing a problem while using msn messenger on LAN, we access msn messenger through above mentioned proxy server, whenever I sign in to msn messenger, it gets signed on but after a short... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: surfer24
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

msn messenger login issue

I have configured squid-2.6 and Dansguardian 2.10.0.3 on RHEL5 for caching and web filtering for my office internet users. i m facing problems in loging into msn messenger, i have put acls in squid and msn ips in dansguardian exceptionsite list but still not getting msn messenger login, my squid... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: surfer24
1 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Tip: get MPD to remember the last played song for all playlists

Hi to all MPD users or those who are willing to use it! If you don't already know what is MPD, it is the Music Player Daemon, which is very easy to use and has tons of good clients to manage it. It loads all your music collection database instantly (mine is about 50GB!) into the memory, is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: teresaejunior
3 Replies

8. Slackware

pppoe-start not working

Hello. I'm new here and i'm new to slack (concept) as well. I made a connection for pppoe with pppoe-setup, bringed up eth0 with ifconfig but when i try pppoe-connect i get "Cannot determine ethernet address for proxy ARP" and with pppoe-start i get "child pppd process terminated". How can i make... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: editheraven
0 Replies

9. IP Networking

authentication of VM's via PPPoE

I have two VM's running on Ubuntu box.Their name and IP addresses are give below. nas 192.168.129.153 home_user 192.168.129.152 I establish a ppp connection between the two machines #nas (server) sudo pppd noauth local lock defaultroute... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthik.sharma
0 Replies
GLANCE-CACHE-PREFETCHER(1)					      Glance						GLANCE-CACHE-PREFETCHER(1)

NAME
glance-cache-prefetcher - Glance Cache Pre-fetcher GLANCE IMAGE CACHE PRE-FETCHER Author glance@lists.launchpad.net Date 2012-01-03 Copyright OpenStack LLC Version 2012.1-dev Manual section 1 Manual group cloud computing SYNOPSIS glance-cache-prefetcher [options] DESCRIPTION This is meant to be run from the command line after queueing images to be pretched. OPTIONS --version show program's version number and exit -h, --help show this help message and exit --config-file=PATH Path to a config file to use. Multiple config files can be specified, with values in later files taking precedence. The default files used are: [] -d, --debug Print debugging output --nodebug Do not print debugging output -v, --verbose Print more verbose output --noverbose Do not print verbose output --log-config=PATH If this option is specified, the logging configuration file specified is used and overrides any other logging options specified. Please see the Python logging module documentation for details on logging configuration files. --log-format=FORMAT A logging.Formatter log message format string which may use any of the available logging.LogRecord attributes. Default: none --log-date-format=DATE_FORMAT Format string for %(asctime)s in log records. Default: none --log-file=PATH (Optional) Name of log file to output to. If not set, logging will go to stdout. --log-dir=LOG_DIR (Optional) The directory to keep log files in (will be prepended to --logfile) --use-syslog Use syslog for logging. --nouse-syslog Do not use syslog for logging. --syslog-log-facility=SYSLOG_LOG_FACILITY syslog facility to receive log lines SEE ALSO o OpenStack Glance BUGS o Glance is sourced in Launchpad so you can view current bugs at OpenStack Glance AUTHOR
OpenStack COPYRIGHT
2010-present, OpenStack, LLC. 2012.1.1 March 14, 2013 GLANCE-CACHE-PREFETCHER(1)