Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting getting thousand of permissions Post 302152489 by ghostdog74 on Thursday 20th of December 2007 01:28:39 AM
Old 12-20-2007
Code:
#!/bin/sh
# assume no setuid,setgid bits set.
ls -l | awk '
BEGIN{
perm["rwx"]=7
perm["rw-"]=6
perm["r--"]=4
perm["-wx"]=3
perm["--x"]=1
perm["r-x"]=5
pern["-w-"]=2
}
{
 uperm = substr($1,2,3)
 gperm = substr($1,5,3)
 operm = substr($1,8,3) 
 printf "%s has permission: %s%s%s\n", $9,perm[uperm],perm[gperm],perm[operm]
}
'

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

65 thousand dollar question

I was just a-wondering through some hardware and software sites, and in one of them, I was scrolling down a UNIX os page when I noticed that the prices for these OS's were climbing alarmingly high; in the 5 to 10 G's. Imagine my surprise when I saw one particular UNIX os selling for 65 freakin'... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mud
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

removing thousand of carriage returns using sed

I need to replace thousands of carriage returns/line breaks in a large xml file and with spaces. I hope to do so with a script, called, for example, "removeCRs." I would invoke this at the command line as ml5003$ sed -f /Users/ml5003/removeCRs oldFile > newFile The script, I presume, would... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ml5003
4 Replies

3. Linux

Try thousand times could not resolve famous ORA-12514 error

It is related to Linux, Oracle 9.2.0. I am new to Oracle. I am trying to connect to Oracle database say A, but as I am running this command dbstart the error is “ORA-12514: TNS: listener could not resolve SERVICE_NAME given in connect descriptor” I have successfully started lsnrctl. Here... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yajneshilu
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Concatenate several thousand files in unix

Hello, I would like to concatenate several thousand files (~40,000) into 1. I cannot do it with cat *.extension - it gives me an error that there are too many arguments. Any suggestions? Thanks, Gussi (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gussifinknottle
6 Replies
LFC-GETACL(1)							 LFC User Commands						     LFC-GETACL(1)

NAME
lfc-getacl - get LFC directory/file access control lists SYNOPSIS
lfc-getacl [-a] [-d] path... DESCRIPTION
lfc-getacl gets the Access Control List associated with a LFC directory/file. For each path, it displays the file name, owner, the group, and the Access Control List (ACL) if present. If a directory has a default ACL, lfc-getacl also displays the default ACL. Regular files cannot have default ACLs. The output looks like: # file: filename # owner: username # group: groupname user::perm user:uid:perm group::perm group:gid:perm mask:perm other:perm default:user::perm default:user:uid:perm default:group::perm default:group:gid:perm default:mask:perm default:other:perm The first "user" entry gives the permissions granted to the owner of the file. The following "user" entries show the permissions granted to specific users, they are sorted in ascending order of uid. The first "group" entry gives the permissions granted to the group owner of the file. The following "group" entries show the permissions granted to specific groups, they are sorted in ascending order of gid. The "mask" entry is the maximum permission granted to specific users or groups. It does not affect the "owner" and "other" permissions. The "mask" entry must be present if there are specific "user" or "group" entries. "default" entries associated with a directory are inherited as access ACL by the files or sub-directories created in that directory. The umask is not used. Sub-directories also inherit the default ACL as default ACL. As soon as there is one default ACL entry, the 3 default ACL base entries (default user, default group, default other) must be present. The entry processing conforms to the Posix 1003.1e draft standard 17. path specifies the LFC pathname. If path does not start with /, it is prefixed by the content of the LFC_HOME environment variable. uid is displayed as the username if known else as the numeric id. gid is displayed as the groupname if known else as the numeric id. perm is expressed as a combination of characters rwx- OPTIONS
-a only display the access ACL. -d only display the default ACL. EXAMPLES
lfc-getacl /grid/atlas/test/file.log/d2 # file: /grid/atlas/test/file.log/d2 # owner: baud # group: c3 user::rwx group::r-x #effective:r-x other::r-x default:user::rwx default:group::r-x default:other::r-x EXIT STATUS
This program returns 0 if the operation was successful or >0 if the operation failed. SEE ALSO
Castor_limits(4), lfc_chmod(3), lfc_chown(3) AUTHOR
LCG Grid Deployment Team LFC
$Date: 2005/03/02 08:32:12 $ LFC-GETACL(1)