Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Using 'stat' to determine file system type (with Zenity) Post 302152476 by mdpalow on Thursday 20th of December 2007 12:49:53 AM
Old 12-20-2007
Network Using 'stat' to determine file system type (with Zenity)

edited and removed

Last edited by mdpalow; 01-11-2008 at 01:10 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Using stat() to determine file permissions

I'm having a problem verifying a directory's permissions using the stat() command. I want to flag an error condition if the directory is WRITABLE by either group or other. This is the code I'm using: if (stat(dirname,&statbuf) == -1) { fprintf(stderr,"Unable to run stat() command\n"); ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kowrip
3 Replies

2. AIX

Command to determine Tape Type

I have 2 UNIX boxes and I need to determine whether or not they possess the same tape drive. What is the hardware command to determine what type of tape drive is present? Thx in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Surdeymon
4 Replies

3. HP-UX

more than one fs type on the same file system

hi is it possible to have more than one file system types on the same file system. if yes then how do we do it, can veritas be used to achieve this (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: livemyway
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

determine file type with perl

Hello i will like to know please how can i determine file type inside perl script not using the unix "file" program Thanks allot (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to determine what type of backup I've on the tape

I've tape which I've to use to restore data. The problem is that I don't know what type of backup I have on this type. Can someone help me and tell me how can I determine what type of backup is on the tape? Thanks for your help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fraydey
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Determine number of checklist in zenity dynamically...

Hi, In my Shell Script i am counting the duplicate IPs in LAN,...After counting i have to show in checklist in zenity which one to delete from the LAN........so initially i dont know no. of duplicate IPs in the LAN....Hence i can determine how many check list needed..... Duplicate IPs... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shivarajM
3 Replies

7. HP-UX

How to determine the fie system type?

Good day I need create new mount points on a server. I'm not very familiar with HP-UX and was given steps on how to go about doing the mounting, etc. Before I start though, I need to determine which file system type is currently being used. This will determine whether i need to extend the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: notreallyhere
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

determine file type by content, not extension

I have a directory structure with multiple sub directories. Within each directory, there are files without extensions. Is it possible to somehow tell what the file type should be by the file contents? For example, I opened one of the files using an editor. After scrolling to the end of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: daflore
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris Cmd to determine type of zone?

I lost my notes on the subject, but I remember running across a single Solaris command that tells you the following Global zone vs local zone Sparse local zone vs Whole Root local zone Can anyone advise? Thanks-In-Advance!! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckmehta
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Determine Content-Type

I am limited to using only libraries that come with the default install of ActivePerl. I'd like to be able to determine the content type of a file on the fly. I thought CGI.pm might do it, but it looks a little weird to me from the perldoc. If someone has a quick way to determine the type of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrwatkin
4 Replies
MKFONTSCALE(1)						      General Commands Manual						    MKFONTSCALE(1)

NAME
mkfontscale - create an index of scalable font files for X SYNOPSIS
mkfontscale [ -e encoding ] ... [ -f fuzz ] [ -- ] [ directory ] ... DESCRIPTION
For each directory argument, mkfontscale reads all of the scalable font files in the directory. For every font file found, an X11 font name (XLFD) is generated, and is written together with the file name to a file fonts.scale in the directory. The resulting fonts.scale file should be checked and possibly manually edited before being used as input for the mkfontdir(1) program. OPTIONS
-e encoding add encoding to the list of encodings searched for. -f fuzz set the fraction of characters that may be missing in large encodings to fuzz percent. Defaults to 2%. -- end of options. SEE ALSO
X(7x), Xserver(1), mkfontdir(1), ttmkfdir(1), xfs(1), xset(1) NOTES
Mkfontscale will overwrite any fonts.scale file even if it has been hand-edited. AUTHOR
Mkfontscale was written by Juliusz Chroboczek <jch@xfree86.org> for the XFree86 project. The functionality of this program was inspired by the ttmkfdir utility by Joerg Pommnitz. XFree86 Version Version 4.3.0 MKFONTSCALE(1)