Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Download files using perl
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Download files using perl Post 302152443 by cbkihong on Wednesday 19th of December 2007 09:04:22 PM

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

free download indigo perl for windows

i want test perl program with indigo perl before i transfer it to the web, where i could get a free one software (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zeoous
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Same time ftp download in perl multiple sites.

I currently have a perl script that have to retreive a single file from 20+ sites every 10 min. Right now it will ftp to site1 and download and continue up until site20. I am trying to get this to run all the ftp d/l at the same time. This is where I have my problem, I can't get it to work. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kofs79
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Script to resume download

Hi, i am looking for a perl script that can resume broken download images from a remote server. Can anyone help me on this. thanks, Vince (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vin_eme
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl and Nvidia driver download

Hi guys i have writen a script that can be used to automatically check a website for the latest software ( in this case i want to use it with the nvidia website ) and check the software and if there is a new version out then it will download it for me but i cannot seem to get it to work... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ab52
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Corrupted Download with Net::FTP (perl)

Hello, I am trying to download several files from a remote FTP server using Net::FTP from within a perl script. The files download alright, except they appear to be corrupted. I know this because once after downloading, I use bzcat to pipe the files to a split command, and bzcat complains saying... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amcrisan
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to download to a file using wget in perl?

Hi, I want to download some online data using wget command and write the contents to a file. For example this is the URL i want to download and store it in a file called "results.txt". #This is the URL. $url="http://www.example.com"; #retrieve data and store in a file results.txt ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanitham
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to download modules from Strawberry perl.

Hi, I am using Strawberry Perl on WinXP but i am unable to download modules from Cpan via cmd,everytime a connection timeout error pops up. I get the following error : C:\>cpan Tk CPAN: LWP::UserAgent loaded ok (v5.834) CPAN: Time::HiRes loaded ok (v1.9719) Fetching with LWP:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: parimal14
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create download button using perl CGI

Hi, I want to insert in a page a .html button that - once it is clicked - opens a save file dialog box by using perl CGI . I know that to create a link to do that I've done : print $cgi->p ( { -class => 'linc' },);I want to do something similar for a download button (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: black_fender
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP download using perl script

Need assistance I have a script which i can download the files from ftp server using perl . But i want to download multiple files at a time #!/usr/bin/perl -w use Net::FTP; $ftp = Net::FTP->new("ftp.ncdc.noaa.gov"); $ftp->login('username', 'password'); $ftp->cwd("<dir>");... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl CGI : unable to download the excel sheet from perl cgi page

Hi All, I have written an cgi perl script that displays an image(Excel image) and when clicked on that Image I need to download a excel sheet. I made sure that excel sheet exists in the folder with the given name but still I am not able to download the sheet. print "<center><table... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
2 Replies
LWP::Simple(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					    LWP::Simple(3)

NAME
LWP::Simple - simple procedural interface to LWP SYNOPSIS
perl -MLWP::Simple -e 'getprint "http://www.sn.no"' use LWP::Simple; $content = get("http://www.sn.no/"); die "Couldn't get it!" unless defined $content; if (mirror("http://www.sn.no/", "foo") == RC_NOT_MODIFIED) { ... } if (is_success(getprint("http://www.sn.no/"))) { ... } DESCRIPTION
This module is meant for people who want a simplified view of the libwww-perl library. It should also be suitable for one-liners. If you need more control or access to the header fields in the requests sent and responses received, then you should use the full object-oriented interface provided by the "LWP::UserAgent" module. The following functions are provided (and exported) by this module: get($url) The get() function will fetch the document identified by the given URL and return it. It returns "undef" if it fails. The $url argument can be either a string or a reference to a URI object. You will not be able to examine the response code or response headers (like 'Content-Type') when you are accessing the web using this function. If you need that information you should use the full OO interface (see LWP::UserAgent). head($url) Get document headers. Returns the following 5 values if successful: ($content_type, $document_length, $modified_time, $expires, $server) Returns an empty list if it fails. In scalar context returns TRUE if successful. getprint($url) Get and print a document identified by a URL. The document is printed to the selected default filehandle for output (normally STDOUT) as data is received from the network. If the request fails, then the status code and message are printed on STDERR. The return value is the HTTP response code. getstore($url, $file) Gets a document identified by a URL and stores it in the file. The return value is the HTTP response code. mirror($url, $file) Get and store a document identified by a URL, using If-modified-since, and checking the Content-Length. Returns the HTTP response code. This module also exports the HTTP::Status constants and procedures. You can use them when you check the response code from getprint(), getstore() or mirror(). The constants are: RC_CONTINUE RC_SWITCHING_PROTOCOLS RC_OK RC_CREATED RC_ACCEPTED RC_NON_AUTHORITATIVE_INFORMATION RC_NO_CONTENT RC_RESET_CONTENT RC_PARTIAL_CONTENT RC_MULTIPLE_CHOICES RC_MOVED_PERMANENTLY RC_MOVED_TEMPORARILY RC_SEE_OTHER RC_NOT_MODIFIED RC_USE_PROXY RC_BAD_REQUEST RC_UNAUTHORIZED RC_PAYMENT_REQUIRED RC_FORBIDDEN RC_NOT_FOUND RC_METHOD_NOT_ALLOWED RC_NOT_ACCEPTABLE RC_PROXY_AUTHENTICATION_REQUIRED RC_REQUEST_TIMEOUT RC_CONFLICT RC_GONE RC_LENGTH_REQUIRED RC_PRECONDITION_FAILED RC_REQUEST_ENTITY_TOO_LARGE RC_REQUEST_URI_TOO_LARGE RC_UNSUPPORTED_MEDIA_TYPE RC_INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR RC_NOT_IMPLEMENTED RC_BAD_GATEWAY RC_SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE RC_GATEWAY_TIMEOUT RC_HTTP_VERSION_NOT_SUPPORTED The HTTP::Status classification functions are: is_success($rc) True if response code indicated a successful request. is_error($rc) True if response code indicated that an error occurred. The module will also export the LWP::UserAgent object as $ua if you ask for it explicitly. The user agent created by this module will identify itself as "LWP::Simple/#.##" and will initialize its proxy defaults from the environment (by calling $ua->env_proxy). CAVEAT
Note that if you are using both LWP::Simple and the very popular CGI.pm module, you may be importing a "head" function from each module, producing a warning like "Prototype mismatch: sub main::head ($) vs none". Get around this problem by just not importing LWP::Simple's "head" function, like so: use LWP::Simple qw(!head); use CGI qw(:standard); # then only CGI.pm defines a head() Then if you do need LWP::Simple's "head" function, you can just call it as "LWP::Simple::head($url)". SEE ALSO
LWP, lwpcook, LWP::UserAgent, HTTP::Status, lwp-request, lwp-mirror perl v5.18.2 2012-02-18 LWP::Simple(3)