Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Having a problem with a FTP Script using perl Post 302152375 by scottzx7rr on Wednesday 19th of December 2007 05:26:02 PM
Old 12-19-2007
It was a typo in the shell script that I use to call the perl script. It was pointing to the development script, so all the changes I was making were not working because I was using the wrong script. LOL Too many to-do items and not enough time to do them. LOL Thanks for your help

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

problem with ftp script...please help

Hi, I'm writing an ftp script that is trying to connect to a remote NT box. Here is my script: ftp -i ipaddress user username password ascii cd db_Backup lcd /home/dB_backups put *.sql bye When I run this script I get the following error: 500 'AUTH GSSAPI': command not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vancouver_joe
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP Script Problem

Hi, Firstly, I would like to admit that I am a scripting newb. :) Now, to my question: I am writing a script that FTPs a bunch of logs from one server to another, it will be scheduled in Cron to run every 20 minutes. Currently, the file transfer part of the script is fine. However,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: reebz
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP script and problem

We have a script where we're trying to ftp to an outside ftp server, but it keeps failing with the error: 421 Service not available, remote server has closed connection if we ftp <server> and manually enter the username and password from the Unix box it's just fine. But when we try to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lawadm1
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help deciphering FTP get perl script

I found this very useful perl script that will check a remote ftp server, search for files of a specific time and get them. When I run the script it works, but it gave me the following error: Couldn't get filename_12-13-07.txt Bad file number What in this script would cause this? I know... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
2 Replies

5. Solaris

FTP Script Problem

Hi Everybody, I am working on FTP Script (i,e Parser.sh,Upload.sh) and the contents of the same are mentioned below .., #!/bin/bash if ; then echo "Usage ./Parser.sh IP USERNAME PASSWORD SOURCE FILENAME DESTINATION where IP ------------- IP address of remote... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasanth_babu
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP Perl Script File Size Mismatch.

Hello, I've written a Perl script that copies a set of files from one server to another. Prior to transferring a file the script gets the file size from the source system and compares this to the file size received in the target system. Except that the file sizes are slightly different. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mbb
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem while using FTP in shell script

Hi all, I am having problem while using FTP in shell script.I am downloading a file from other machine.Part of file name is known to me(in red) 20100114123814.portin.virginsubs.extract What i am doing is trying to get the file using get command with wild card "*" (see below) but it fails... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vinoo128
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

script FTP in perl

this script should search directories read,,search for file for daily reports. you must provide the beginning day, ending day and month. this script will pull files for days and month specified and Ftp them to another server. Thanks for any help you provide (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lemseffert
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to get the size of remote file using Net::FTP Perl Script

Hi, I am using below piece of code to get the size of the remote file. $ftp->cwd($destination) or $error=$ftp->message; if(!$error) { $ftp->put($file) or $error=$ftp->message; print "FTP size = \n"; ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: FarooqOnline
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP download using perl script

Need assistance I have a script which i can download the files from ftp server using perl . But i want to download multiple files at a time #!/usr/bin/perl -w use Net::FTP; $ftp = Net::FTP->new("ftp.ncdc.noaa.gov"); $ftp->login('username', 'password'); $ftp->cwd("<dir>");... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
9 Replies
SCRIPT(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 SCRIPT(1)

NAME
script -- make typescript of terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-a] [-k] [-q] [-t time] [file [command ...]] DESCRIPTION
The script utility makes a typescript of everything printed on your terminal. It is useful for students who need a hardcopy record of an interactive session as proof of an assignment, as the typescript file can be printed out later with lpr(1). If the argument file is given, script saves all dialogue in file. If no file name is given, the typescript is saved in the file typescript. If the argument command ... is given, script will run the specified command with an optional argument vector instead of an interactive shell. Options: -a Append the output to file or typescript, retaining the prior contents. -k Log keys sent to program as well as output. -q Run in quiet mode, omit the start and stop status messages. -t time Specify time interval between flushing script output file. A value of 0 causes script to flush for every character I/O event. The default interval is 30 seconds. The script ends when the forked shell (or command) exits (a control-D to exit the Bourne shell (sh(1)), and exit, logout or control-d (if ignoreeof is not set) for the C-shell, csh(1)). Certain interactive commands, such as vi(1), create garbage in the typescript file. The script utility works best with commands that do not manipulate the screen. The results are meant to emulate a hardcopy terminal, not an addressable one. ENVIRONMENT
The following environment variable is utilized by script: SHELL If the variable SHELL exists, the shell forked by script will be that shell. If SHELL is not set, the Bourne shell is assumed. (Most shells set this variable automatically). SEE ALSO
csh(1) (for the history mechanism). HISTORY
The script command appeared in 3.0BSD. BUGS
The script utility places everything in the log file, including linefeeds and backspaces. This is not what the naive user expects. It is not possible to specify a command without also naming the script file because of argument parsing compatibility issues. When running in -k mode, echo cancelling is far from ideal. The slave terminal mode is checked for ECHO mode to check when to avoid manual echo logging. This does not work when in a raw mode where the program being run is doing manual echo. BSD
June 6, 1993 BSD