Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Read lines till a blank line is encountered Post 302152326 by porter on Wednesday 19th of December 2007 03:26:27 PM
Old 12-19-2007
Taking what you said literally....

Code:
while read N
do
        case "$N" in
        *READ* | *ALTER* | *UPDATE * )
              ;;
        * )
            exit
            ;;
        esac
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

how to read a file till it encounters a blank line

Hi , I want to read a file starting with "*" up to till it encounters a blank line and to redirect this output to a different file.Plz suggest how to write a script for this. e.g:- * PK Sent Email (11.23) CALYPSO 1243215 9116457 NEW TRAD FAILED Nov 23 2007 9:34AM OASYS: DPS:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: adityam
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi , I want to read a file starting with "*" up to till it encounters a blank line and to redirect this output to a different file.Plz suggest how to write a script for this. e.g:- * PK Sent Email (11.23) CALYPSO 1243215 9116457 NEW TRAD FAILED Nov 23 2007 9:34AM OASYS: DPS: SINGCORP invalid... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hi , I want to read a file starting with "*" up to till it encounters a blank line and to redirect this output to a different file.Plz suggest how to write a script for this. e.g:- * PK Sent Email (11.23) CALYPSO 1243215 9116457 NEW TRAD FAILED Nov 23 2007 9:34AM OASYS: DPS: SINGCORP invalid... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print lines till till a pattern is matched in loop

Dear All I have a file like this 112534554 446538656 444695656 225696966 226569744 228787874 113536566 443533535 222564552 115464656 225445345 225533234 I want to cut the file into different parts where the first two columns are '11' . The first two columns will be either... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anoopvraj
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Read a line from one string till to another.... Unix scripting..

So i have a file which contains paths to JPG images separated by a space. I have to separate them each path to another file. So, I have to search all strings that start from /home/ and ends with .jpg or .png Then write each one to another file... Can you please help me on doing this???:cool: (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk script to match pattern till blank line

Hi, I need to match lines after a pattern, upto the first blank line. Searched in web and some forums but coulnt find the answer. where <restart_step> = 10 -- Execute query 20 -- Write the contents to the Oracle table 30 -- Writing Contents to OUTPUT... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: justchill
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

When reading a csv file, counter to read 20 lines and wait for minute then read next 20 till end

Hello All, i am a newbie and need some help when reading a csv file in a bourne shell script. I want to read 10 lines, then wait for a minute and then do a reading of another 10 lines and so on in the same way. I want to do this till the end of file. Any inputs are appreciated ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: victor.s
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get the number of lines till I get line

Hi All, I have a file as below: abc.txt ****************************** * HEADER DESCRIPTION ****************************** *Supplier: Prism Customer: MNI -NIGERIA Quantity: 2 Type: PLUG-IN Profile: 70.00 *Subscription: Generic... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunshankar.c
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to read a file from particular line till required line and process

Hi All, Am trying to write wrapper shell/bash script on a utility tool for which i need to pass 2 files as arugment to execute utility tool. Wraper script am trying is to do with above metion 2 files. utility tool accepts : a. userinfo file : which contains username b. item file : which... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus81
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine multiline to one line till a blank line

Hello, I have a file as :- ABC DEF GHI JKL <BlankLine> MNO PQR STU VWX <BlankLine> YZA I need it as below:- ABCDEFGHIJKL; MNOPQRSTUVWX; (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jassi10781
3 Replies
SET 
TRANSACTION(7) SQL Commands SET TRANSACTION(7) NAME
SET TRANSACTION - set the characteristics of the current transaction SYNOPSIS
SET TRANSACTION transaction_mode [, ...] SET SESSION CHARACTERISTICS AS TRANSACTION transaction_mode [, ...] where transaction_mode is one of: ISOLATION LEVEL { SERIALIZABLE | REPEATABLE READ | READ COMMITTED | READ UNCOMMITTED } READ WRITE | READ ONLY DESCRIPTION
The SET TRANSACTION command sets the characteristics of the current transaction. It has no effect on any subsequent transactions. SET SES- SION CHARACTERISTICS sets the default transaction characteristics for subsequent transactions of a session. These defaults can be overrid- den by SET TRANSACTION for an individual transaction. The available transaction characteristics are the transaction isolation level and the transaction access mode (read/write or read-only). The isolation level of a transaction determines what data the transaction can see when other transactions are running concurrently: READ COMMITTED A statement can only see rows committed before it began. This is the default. SERIALIZABLE All statements of the current transaction can only see rows committed before the first query or data-modification statement was exe- cuted in this transaction. The SQL standard defines two additional levels, READ UNCOMMITTED and REPEATABLE READ. In PostgreSQL READ UNCOMMITTED is treated as READ COMMITTED, while REPEATABLE READ is treated as SERIALIZABLE. The transaction isolation level cannot be changed after the first query or data-modification statement (SELECT, INSERT, DELETE, UPDATE, FETCH, or COPY) of a transaction has been executed. See in the documentation for more information about transaction isolation and concur- rency control. The transaction access mode determines whether the transaction is read/write or read-only. Read/write is the default. When a transaction is read-only, the following SQL commands are disallowed: INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, and COPY FROM if the table they would write to is not a tem- porary table; all CREATE, ALTER, and DROP commands; COMMENT, GRANT, REVOKE, TRUNCATE; and EXPLAIN ANALYZE and EXECUTE if the command they would execute is among those listed. This is a high-level notion of read-only that does not prevent all writes to disk. NOTES
If SET TRANSACTION is executed without a prior START TRANSACTION or BEGIN, it will appear to have no effect, since the transaction will immediately end. It is possible to dispense with SET TRANSACTION by instead specifying the desired transaction_modes in BEGIN or START TRANSACTION. The session default transaction modes can also be set by setting the configuration parameters default_transaction_isolation and default_transaction_read_only. (In fact SET SESSION CHARACTERISTICS is just a verbose equivalent for setting these variables with SET.) This means the defaults can be set in the configuration file, via ALTER DATABASE, etc. Consult in the documentation for more information. COMPATIBILITY
Both commands are defined in the SQL standard. SERIALIZABLE is the default transaction isolation level in the standard. In PostgreSQL the default is ordinarily READ COMMITTED, but you can change it as mentioned above. Because of lack of predicate locking, the SERIALIZABLE level is not truly serializable. See in the documentation for details. In the SQL standard, there is one other transaction characteristic that can be set with these commands: the size of the diagnostics area. This concept is specific to embedded SQL, and therefore is not implemented in the PostgreSQL server. The SQL standard requires commas between successive transaction_modes, but for historical reasons PostgreSQL allows the commas to be omit- ted. SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 SET TRANSACTION(7)