Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX change country in date command Post 302152284 by jim mcnamara on Wednesday 19th of December 2007 11:00:11 AM
Old 12-19-2007
What OS (type/version of unix or AIX) are you using?

Code:
export TZ=ISTIMDT-5:30

Would be for the time in Mumbai.

If you want this to be system-wide (for all users) you will have to change something depending on your OS, probably put the TZ statement above into /etc/TIMEZONE

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move A File With Same Date,don't Change The Desitination Dir Date

Assume, I created one file three years back and I like to move the file to some other directory with the old date (Creation date)? Is it possible? Explain? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jee.ku2
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format of SED command to change a date

I have a website. I have a directory within it with over a hundred .html files. I need to change a date within every file. I don't have an easy way to find/replace. I need to change 10/31 to 11/30 on every single page at once. I tried the command below but it didn't work. Obviously I don't know... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ijustsawmars
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

hp-unix stat command to get last change date of file

I'm on hp-unix. I would like a variable to hold the last change date of a file. I looked at the man pages for stat, but I don't see any examples and can't get the syntax right. Can anyone help me? Thank you. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sboxtops
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change date format in 'last' command?

hi.. i am new to here. can anybody tell me how can we change the date format in the 'last' command. EX- on running last command i am getting -- rruat pts/12 172.18.40.101 Tue May 3 12:59 still logged in rruat pts/10 blr2-3f-239.asco Tue May 3 12:59 - 13:09 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thearpit
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the content of files but not change the date

I have 100 files in a directory , all the files have a word "error" and they are created in different date . Now I would like to change the word from "error" to "warning" , and keep the date of the files ( that means do not change the file creation date after change the word ) , can advise what can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust3
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the content of files but not change the date

I have 100 files in a directory , all the files have a word "error" and they are created in different date . Now I would like to change the word from "error" to "warning" , and keep the date of the files ( that means do not change the file creation date after change the word ) , can advise what can... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust3
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change Date in Variable

I am hoping someone can help me with this issue. I am extracting a date from a file that is in DD/MM/YYYY format using... expiry_date=`echo ${line}| awk -F, '{ print $4 }' | tr -d '\r'` What I need to do is amend the value so instead of getting 30/12/2016 I end up with 12/30/2016. I have... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: theref
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find week of the year for given date using date command inside awk

Hi all, Need an urgent help on the below scenario. script: awk -F"," 'BEGIN { #some variable assignment} { #some calculation and put values in array} END { year=#getting it from array and assume this will be 2014 month=#getting it from array and this will be 05 date=#... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaidhas
7 Replies

9. HP-UX

awk command in hp UNIX subtract 30 days automatically from current date without date illegal option

current date command runs well awk -v t="$(date +%Y-%m-%d)" -F "'" '$1 < t' myname.dat subtract 30 days fails awk -v t="$(date --date="-30days" +%Y-%m-%d)" -F "'" '$1 < t' myname.dat awk command in hp unix subtract 30 days automatically from current date without date illegal option error... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmarcus
20 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to change existing date to current date in a filename?

Suppose i have a list of files in a directory as mentioned below 1. Shankar_04152019_ny.txt 2. Gopi_shan_03122019_mi.txt 3. Siva_mourya_02242019_nd.txt .. . . . . 1000 . Jiva_surya_02282019_nd.txt query : At one shot i want to modify the above all filenames present in one path with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shankar455
4 Replies
CONVDATE(1)						      General Commands Manual						       CONVDATE(1)

NAME
convdate - convert time/date strings and numbers SYNOPSIS
convdate [ -c ] [ -n ] [ -s ] arg... DESCRIPTION
Convdate translate the date/time strings specified as arguments on its command line, outputting the results one to a line. OPTIONS
-c If the ``-c'' flag is used, then each argument is taken to be a time_t and is output in ctime format. -n If the ``-n'' flag is used, then each argument is taken as a date string to be parsed by parsedate(3) and is output as a time_t; see time(2). -s If the ``-s'' flag is used, then each argument is taken as a date string to be parsed by parsedate(3) and is output as a string for- matted by ctime(3). This is the default. EXAMPLES
% convdate 'feb 10 10am' Sun Feb 10 10:00:00 1991 % convdate 12pm 5/4/90 Fri Dec 13 00:00:00 1991 Fri May 4 00:00:00 1990 % convdate -n 'feb 10 10am' '12pm 5/4/90' 666198000 641880000 % convdate -c 666198000 Sun Feb 10 10:00:00 1991 HISTORY
Written by Rich $alz <rsalz@uunet.uu.net>. This is revision 1.2, dated 1998/05/20. SEE ALSO
parsedate(3). CONVDATE(1)