Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Use Send command of Expect package Post 302152181 by Yogesh Sawant on Wednesday 19th of December 2007 01:34:50 AM
Old 12-19-2007
check if this is what you want

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect Send

Dear All, I wanna write a script in which it expect something and if it gets whats expected then send the command relating to that. for instance Userame: Asad Required Password for Asad: ****** I tried to use the expect key word but its does not work. I am using Solaris 8/9 If... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asadlone
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is there a way to ask expect wait for sometime before running the next send command ?

Hi all, After expect catches the string I specify, is there a way to ask expect wait for sometime before running the next send command ? So my script looks like following, expect "some string" #How to ask expect to wait for a while send "next command" The reason I want to do this is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: qiulang
0 Replies

3. Solaris

expect package is not invoked from cron

Hi, I am running some etl commands in the windows from shell script(from unix sun solaris 5.9) by using expect package .While running manually the script is working fine.While running from cron it is exiting the after successfully firing the ETL command(The control does not stop after firing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megh
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command substitution in send/expect. Please help!

Hi, the following code is not working. How can I cat the last modified file in the path /asdf. Please help! expect "asdf%" {send "cat `ls -rt /asdf|tail -1` \r"} (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thulasidharan2k
2 Replies

5. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Problem when trying to remove a package using rpm command - error: package is not installed

Hello, i have installed a package by using the command sudo rpm -i filepackage.rpm package filepackage is already installed when i try to remove it, i get an error saying "is not installed": sudo rpm -e filepackage.rpm error: package filepackage is not installed How can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: g_p
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing values in expect package

i am having specific number of input( as per o/p of another script) say 10 like d1,d2,d3....d10 i want to pass these o/p to expect script.But i don't know how to do that the the input to the expect script should be like this /expect_script.exp $d1 $d2......$dn as this "dn" depends in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagar_1986
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in automating "fdisk" command using send and expect

hi i want to automate fdisk command . i spawned a process containing fdisk command from a process and tried to send the options to fdisk promt from that process. but that spawed process is notstarting itself help me out trying for two days :wall: my code: #!/bin/bash echo... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagak89
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use expect and send command in UNIX/Linux?

Hello Everyone, I am executing a unix script which logs into 50+ servers (netapp servers) and runs some commands and captures output locally. Below is the code snippet. file1.txt has names of all the remote servers where I am logging in. #!/bin/ksh #!/usr/bin/expect touch... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahul2662
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect command to send the user input enter or ctrl+c

Hey All, I am writing one script using expect, that script which is used in spawn will accepts only 1. Enter 2. Ctrl+c Press Control-C to exit, Enter to proceed. Could some one share some thoughts to send the above user inputs in linux expect block ? Thanks, Sam (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SCHITIMA
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

To send ID and Password for each command using expect feature in bash script

Dear Tech Guys, I am trying to send some commands on the local server and it always asks for user name and password after each command. To serve the purpose I am using expect function as follows: #!/usr/bin/expect set timeout 20 spawn "./data1.sh" expect "Please Enter UserName: "... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xtreme
6 Replies
Test::Expect(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 Test::Expect(3pm)

NAME
Test::Expect - Automated driving and testing of terminal-based programs SYNOPSIS
# in a t/*.t file: use Test::Expect; use Test::More tests => 13; expect_run( command => "perl testme.pl", prompt => 'testme: ', quit => 'quit', ); expect("ping", "pong", "expect"); expect_send("ping", "expect_send"); expect_is("* Hi there, to testme", "expect_is"); expect_like(qr/Hi there, to testme/, "expect_like"); DESCRIPTION
Test::Expect is a module for automated driving and testing of terminal-based programs. It is handy for testing interactive programs which have a prompt, and is based on the same concepts as the Tcl Expect tool. As in Expect::Simple, the Expect object is made available for tweaking. Test::Expect is intended for use in a test script. SUBROUTINES
expect_run The expect_run subroutine sets up Test::Expect. You must pass in the interactive program to run, what the prompt of the program is, and which command quits the program: expect_run( command => "perl testme.pl", prompt => 'testme: ', quit => 'quit', ); expect The expect subroutine is the catch all subroutine. You pass in the command, the expected output of the subroutine and an optional comment. expect("ping", "pong", "expect"); expect_send The expect_send subroutine sends a command to the program. You pass in the command and an optional comment. expect_send("ping", "expect_send"); expect_is The expect_is subroutine tests the output of the program like Test::More's is. It has an optional comment: expect_is("* Hi there, to testme", "expect_is"); expect_like The expect_like subroutine tests the output of the program like Test::More's like. It has an optional comment: expect_like(qr/Hi there, to testme/, "expect_like"); expect_handle This returns the Expect object. expect_quit Closes the Expect handle. SEE ALSO
Expect, Expect::Simple. AUTHOR
Leon Brocard, "<acme@astray.com>" COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2005, Leon Brocard This module is free software; you can redistribute it or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.3 2011-06-12 Test::Expect(3pm)