Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Tape drive cleaning
Operating Systems SCO Tape drive cleaning Post 302152114 by Perderabo on Tuesday 18th of December 2007 04:30:24 PM
Old 12-18-2007
Well, according to the manual, page 42:
Quote:
Caution Do not clean the tape drive’s read-write head.
Link to HP SureStore T20 Models T20i, T20Xi, T20e, T20Xe User’s Guide in pdf format.

Which is odd. I have not seen instructions to not clean the heads of a tape drive before. Maybe it is self-cleaning or something. Smilie

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tape drive install

I'm trying to install a tape drive on a compaq SCO OS 505. well I have gone through the mkdev tape comands and what have you yet no luck. when I reboot and do a simple tape rewind it gives me an error no such device etc.etc. IS there a diference in the xct0 and rct0 a the default? help.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kikkin
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tape drive

Hi, I need to restore my tape backup, when I type "tape status" it gives; status : ready beginning-of-tape write-protected soft errors : 0 hard errors : 0 underruns : 3 but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alisevA3
4 Replies

3. SCO

Tape drive problem

I replaced a HP Superstore Dat 40 with another HP Superstore Dat 40, but my backupedge software keeps putting up error code 1 (device not found) I have tried reinstaling the drive as DAT Alad stp 0 6 0 0. I'm not a computer expert but willing to have a go. I went into Backupedge to try and format a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: James Zwecker
2 Replies

4. AIX

Tape Drive

I have tape drive in one Lpar. when i saw that time tape is in defined state. After that i deleted the tape drive using the rmdev -R command. Then fired the cfgmgr -v command. But I am not getting the tape drive. Now the drive is even not in defined state also. It is not shown the tape drive. How... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pernasivam
1 Replies

5. AIX

Tape Drive problem

Hi, I'm at AIX 5.3. My EOD program is giving following error while writing to tape: Can't write output cpio: Media Surface error Failed on Shell-script cd /; cpio -ocB 2 >> /autoline/misc/logs/bk.CopyToTape < /autoline/work/BACKUP.01022 1>/dev/rm0 I have tried with several new tapes,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tayyabq8
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Help with tape drive

Hey folks, Linux admin here, forced to use Opensolaris to try to use ufsdump/ufsrestore to get some data of some old tapes. I've got Opensolaris 2009.06 on x86 and a Sony SDX-700V. As a "control" experiment, I booted the system with a Linux live CD and the tape drive worked perfectly. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eddy_sysad
2 Replies

7. AIX

Cleaning tape frequence for DDS

Hi All, Are there recommendations about the use of cleaning tapes in DDS devices? Should I clean the tape only when the drive indicates cleaning? Should I clean it once a month, week, even every day? Is it harmful to clean the tape every day? Thanks for your insights. --Peter (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: petervg
4 Replies

8. HP-UX

TAPE drive

I have used ioscan -fnC tape and the system identified the tape drive. what is the command to show a listing of what is on the tape? I have used ls /dev/rmt/rmt0 to no avail. can anyone help? Thanks in advance (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Randydog
10 Replies
FDF_SET_FILE(3) 							 1							   FDF_SET_FILE(3)

fdf_set_file - Set PDF document to display FDF data in

SYNOPSIS
bool fdf_set_file (resource $fdf_document, string $url, [string $target_frame]) DESCRIPTION
Selects a different PDF document to display the form results in then the form it originated from. PARAMETERS
o $fdf_document - The FDF document handle, returned by fdf_create(3), fdf_open(3) or fdf_open_string(3). o $url - Should be given as an absolute URL. o $target_frame - Use this parameter to specify the frame in which the document will be displayed. You can also set the default value for this parameter using fdf_set_target_frame(3). RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Passing FDF data to a second form <?php /* set content type for Adobe FDF */ fdf_header(); /* start new fdf */ $fdf = fdf_create(); /* set field "foo" to value "bar" */ fdf_set_value($fdf, "foo", "bar"); /* tell client to display FDF data using "fdf_form.pdf" */ fdf_set_file($fdf, "http://www.example.com/fdf_form.pdf"); /* output fdf */ fdf_save($fdf); /* clean up */ fdf_close($fdf); ?> SEE ALSO
fdf_get_file(3), fdf_set_target_frame(3). PHP Documentation Group FDF_SET_FILE(3)