Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Using SED to get n chars after given value from file Post 302152003 by Kally on Tuesday 18th of December 2007 07:15:55 AM
Old 12-18-2007
@ranjithpr:

Thank you! I'll give you a report later then. Desi Greetings. Smilie

Marc.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting the last 3 chars from a string using sed

Hi. Can I extract the last 3 characters from a given string using sed ? Why the following doesn't work (it prints the full string) : echo "abcd" | sed '/\.\.\.$/p' doesn't work ? output: abcd Thanks in advance, 435 Gavea. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: 435 Gavea
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace Junk chars (Sed)

I know this has been asked previously on this forum...But I think I have a different scenario to present. I ahve a file tht looks like this (note:there are control Z and other chars tht are not visible on line with anme bowers) BB7118450 6004718 BIANCALANA =HEI BZ5842819 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alfredo123
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to extract first two uppercase chars in targeted lines

Hello, I have a file temp.txt: ------------------------- HELLO WORLD This is a temp file. TENCHARSHEre no beginning UPPERCHARS HI There ------------------------- What is a sed egrep command that will target lines that begin with 3-10 uppercase chars, and output the first 2 chars?... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: str8danked
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - how to insert chars into a line

Hi I'm new to sed, and need to add characters into a specific location of a file, the fileds are tab seperated. text <tab> <tab> text <tab> text EOL I need to add more characters to the line to look like this: text <tab> <tab> newtext <tab> text <tab> text EOL Any ideas? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tangentviper
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Special chars in sed variable

Hi, For years ive been using this script to do mass search & replaces on our websites. Its worked with all sorts of spaces, quotes, html or whatever with a little adjusting here and there. But I just cant get this pattern to work: #!/bin/bash OLDURL="document.write('<script... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mutex
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed discard chars after last _

Hi, I'd get fields like unix_linux_form_yyyyddmmhhmi.file.txt shell_programming_and_scripting.txt so on... and want them as below unix_linux_form shell_programming_and I could remove everything after a '.' as below echo $field | sed 's/\..*//' but how to remove... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: dips_ag
14 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK/SED: handle max chars in a line

Hi all, I hope you guys can help me. I prefer SED/AWK solutions if possible. For my shame it didn't work for me :o ISSUE: :wall: 1\3 1/$4\@7\ 1234567890123456789\ 1234567890123456789,\ 1234567890123456789\ 123456789012 12345 1234567890123456789\ 1234567890123456789,\ 1234... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: unknown7
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicate chars and sort string [SED]

Hi, INPUT: DCBADD OUTPUT: ABCD The SED script should alphabetically sort the chars in the string and remove the duplicate chars. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jds93
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep or sed to search, replace/insert chars!

HI All Im trying to come up with an approach to finding a string, using a portion of that string to insert it on lines starting with the value "GOTO" appending to end of line after removing PT's ( See example below! ) EXAMPLE: 1. I would like to search for the line that starts with "TLAXIS/"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: graymj
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - print only the chars that match a given set in a string

For a given string that may contain any ASCII chars, i.e. that matches .*, find and print only the chars that are in a given subset. The string could also have numbers, uppercase, special chars such as ~!@#$%^&*(){}\", whatever a user could type in without going esoteric For simplicity take... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naderra
1 Replies
pvf(1)							      General Commands Manual							    pvf(1)

NAME
pvf tools - utilities to convert various sound formats DESCRIPTION
The pvf tools are a collection of tools to convert vgetty modem data to and from the 'raw modem data' format, and from that to and from various audio file formats (like .au or .wav). In addition, there are some tools to manipulate pvf files, like speed up files or cut off trailing noise. A list of commands is below in the "see also" section. You can run those commands with the -h switch for available options. Please also look at the individual contributed man pages. SEE ALSO
autopvf(1), basictopvf(1), lintopvf(1), pvf(1), pvfamp(1), pvfcut(1), pvfecho(1), pvfff(1), pvffile(1), pvffilter(1), pvfmix(1), pvfnoise(1), pvfreverse(1), pvfsine(1), pvfspeed(1), pvftoau(1), pvftobasic(1), pvftolin(1), pvftormd(1), pvftovoc(1), pvftowav(1), rmd- file(1), rmdtopvf(1), voctopvf(1), wavtopvf(1) AUTHOR
Original version from Klaus Weidner. Copyright (C) 1997 by Marc Eberhard <Marc.Eberhard@Uni-Duesseldorf.DE> 14 February 1997 pvf(1)