Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk & sed problem
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk & sed problem Post 302151927 by nrbhole on Tuesday 18th of December 2007 01:02:49 AM
Old 12-18-2007
awk & sed problem

Hello,

I am new to shell scripting. I want to optimize my one of the script.
I have one file and i want to remove selected zones for domains from that file.In this file i have almost 3500 zones for domains.Sample data for the file....

named.backup
-------------------------------------------------------------
zone "britshoponline.co.uk" {
type master;
file "/var/named/britshoponline.co.uk.db";
};

zone "skateboardstickers.net" {
type master;
file "/var/named/skateboardstickers.net.db";
};

zone "kalibrantas.or.id" {
type master;
file "/var/named/kalibrantas.or.id.db";
};

zone "mf-host.com" {
type master;
file "/var/named/mf-host.com.db";
};

zone "googlepatch.com" {
type master;
file "/var/named/googlepatch.com.db";
};
--------------------------------------------------------

list.conf contains 2 records..
vebosoft.com
kalibrantas.or.id

---------------------------------------------------------
AWK script (namedscript.awk) ..
BEGIN{
}

{
zone = $1
sedcmd = "sed '/" zone "/,+4d' named.backup > named.backup.test"
printf "Command: %s\n", sedcmd
system(sedcmd)
system("mv named.backup.test named.backup")
}
END{
}
--------------------------------------------------------------
My command for executing the script:
awk -f namedscript.awk list.conf
--------------------------------------------------------------
In the above code it's possible to remove "system("mv named.backup.test named.backup")" command. But i dont; know i how to do it.

Please help me..
Thanks in Advance

Last edited by nrbhole; 12-18-2007 at 02:39 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed & awk help...

I have a question. Take the following statement awk -F\| '{print $21}' testfile | sed 's/\//\\/g' > newfile This will grab the 21st column of a | delimited text file, replace the forward slashes "/" , with back slashes "\", and redirect the output newfile. Now, how do I get the output... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shimb0
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem to add the string(without sed & awk) into the middle of file

Hi, I have tried many times to add the string into the first line of the file or the middle of the file but could not find the solution. I first tried by $echo "paki" >> file This code only append paki string at the end of file "file" but how can i add this "paki" into the first line or... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali hussain
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

New to Sed & Awk

How do I grab the first 10 characters of a line and append it to another empty file? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: xgringo
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed & awk

Hi. I'm going to learn scripting and i have the following topics on the list: sed, awk, shell scripting, perl. My question is, whehter i should learn sed and awk? Aren't this tools outdated? Although i see that GNU upgrade it's versions of these tools from time to time. And, the next... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kukuruku
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pattern matching New to Sed & Awk

Hello, Despite reading the Pattern Matching chapter in the O'Reilly Sed & Awk book several times and looking at numerous examples, I cannot seem to get any kind of conditional script to work in my awk scripts! I am able to do the basic awk and grep script to capture the data but when I do with... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pg55
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed & awk programming

Hi all, can anyone have sed & awk programming doc..so that to learn it easier.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gk2009
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk & sed

Hi, Can anyone let me know the difference between awk and sed utilities in Unix? Many thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatesht
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk & sed query for output

Hello, I have a file. its content are like below. mdn:87439842 imsi:23082038203 Ctime:12082010 01:20:10 mdn:9324783783 imsi:402349823322 Ctime: 12072010 01:20:10 mdn:87439842 imsi:23082038203 Ctime: 23072010 01:20:10 mdn:87439842 imsi:23082038203 Ctime:18072010 01:20:10 mdn:87439842... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanket11
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed & awk Book

Hi Experts, I am studying SED and AWK text processing commands with an E-book. I am not satisfied with the way of explanation and examples given by them. I would like you guys to suggest me the Best book for SED and AWK to become good in this utility. Thanks in Advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: linuxrulez
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print & and \n while replacing with sed/awk?

string="din&esh\nisgood" File.txt: the name is sed "s#\#${string}#g" File.txt Output am getting: the name is dinesh is good Expected output: the name is din&esh\nisgood The input string is dynamic it will be keep on changing am able to handle & by placing \& in the string.. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshaila
5 Replies
nsd-checkconf(8)						    nsd 3.2.12							  nsd-checkconf(8)

NAME
nsd-checkconf - NSD configuration file checker. SYNOPSIS
nsd-checkconf [-v] [-h] [-o option] [-z zonename] [-s keyname] configfile DESCRIPTION
nsd-checkconf reads a configuration file. It prints parse errors to standard error, and performs additional checks on the contents. The configfile format is described in nsd.conf(5). The utility of this program is to check a config file for errors before using it in nsd(8) or zonec(8). This program can also be used for shell scripts to access the nsd config file, using the -o and -z options. OPTIONS
-v After reading print the options to standard output in configfile format. Without this option, only success or parse errors are reported. -h Print usage help information and exit. -o option Return only this option from the config file. This option can to be used in conjunction with the -z option. The special value zones prints out a list of configured zones. This option is primarily used by nsdc to parse the config file from the shell. If the -z option is given, but the -o option is not given, nothing is printed. -s keyname Prints the key secret (base64 blob) configured for this key in the config file. Used to help shell scripts parse the config file. -z zonename Return the option specified with -o for zone 'zonename'. If this option is not given, the server section of the config file is used. This option is primarily used by nsdc to parse the con- fig file from the shell. The -o, -s and -z option print configfile options to standard output. FILES
/etc/nsd3/nsd.conf default NSD configuration file SEE ALSO
nsd(8), nsdc(8), nsd.conf(5), nsd-notify(8), nsd-patch(8), nsd-xfer(8), zonec(8) AUTHORS
NSD was written by NLnet Labs and RIPE NCC joint team. Please see CREDITS file in the distribution for further details. NLnet Labs jul 19, 2012 nsd-checkconf(8)