Sponsored Content
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Have we just had a rollback of a few hours? Post 302151851 by porter on Monday 17th of December 2007 07:17:49 PM
Old 12-17-2007
Have we just had a rollback of a few hours?

Have we just had a rollback of a few hours?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

RPM Package - Rollback

Is it possible to rollback a package in Redhat ?I don't want to delete any packages. I have upgraded a package using rpm -Uvh & now i decided to use the old package, is it possible to revert it back to the original package ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sydney2008
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to list files between last 6 hours to 3 hours

Hi Frens, I want to list some files from a directory, which contains "DONE" in their name, i am receiving files every minute. In this i want to list all the files which are newer than 6 hours but older than 3 hours, of current time i dont want my list to contain the latest files which are ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prat007
4 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

How Many hours on Computer?

How many hours you spend on Computer in a day??? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: malcomex999
10 Replies

4. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

/var/log/wtmp SuSE log permission rollback

Hello All, On my SuSE system, I have wtmp log this log file permission is 644 but every reboot the file permission rollback to 664. In the logrotate.conf and logrotate.d/wtmp files the wtmp logrotate set to 644. I would like to know, which "file" or "script" modify the wtmp log to rollback to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalaso
7 Replies

5. Solaris

zfs rollback

i created a snapshot as follow as bash-3.00# zfs snapshot dinu/dinu1@dinusnap1 then i deleted the contents in the directory dinu1 now i want to rollback that contents from snapshot and i used bash-3.00# zfs rollback dinu/dinu1/@dinusnap1 but i received error as follow as cannot... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinu
3 Replies

6. AIX

cron off by 5 hours

stupid question im sure, but its frustrating My cron jobs are off by 5 hours. My system time is right but all of my cron jobs are running approximately 5 hours late. Any idea why? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mshilling
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ps -ef |grep 24 hours

I need to grep PIDs older than 24 hours (1 day) or more. ps -ef |grep ??? Please advise. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get the no of hours between days

Hi, i have a date 1- 2013101511 date2 -2013101812 need toget the no of hours between them,can any one tellme the logic. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeep karna
6 Replies

9. SuSE

Help with RollBack options

Hi, Recently we have patched our server to the highest level after which our application running on that server is having an issue with ssl handshake as below between 2 hosts. same error is also generated when checked from other host. Invalid/unknown SSL header was received from peer remote... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: phanidhar6039
1 Replies
BEGIN(7)                                                           SQL Commands                                                           BEGIN(7)

NAME
BEGIN - start a transaction block SYNOPSIS
BEGIN [ WORK | TRANSACTION ] [ transaction_mode [, ...] ] where transaction_mode is one of: ISOLATION LEVEL { SERIALIZABLE | REPEATABLE READ | READ COMMITTED | READ UNCOMMITTED } READ WRITE | READ ONLY DESCRIPTION
BEGIN initiates a transaction block, that is, all statements after a BEGIN command will be executed in a single transaction until an explicit COMMIT [commit(7)] or ROLLBACK [rollback(7)] is given. By default (without BEGIN), PostgreSQL executes transactions in ``autocom- mit'' mode, that is, each statement is executed in its own transaction and a commit is implicitly performed at the end of the statement (if execution was successful, otherwise a rollback is done). Statements are executed more quickly in a transaction block, because transaction start/commit requires significant CPU and disk activity. Execution of multiple statements inside a transaction is also useful to ensure consistency when making several related changes: other ses- sions will be unable to see the intermediate states wherein not all the related updates have been done. If the isolation level or read/write mode is specified, the new transaction has those characteristics, as if SET TRANSACTION [set_transac- tion(7)] was executed. PARAMETERS
WORK TRANSACTION Optional key words. They have no effect. Refer to SET TRANSACTION [set_transaction(7)] for information on the meaning of the other parameters to this statement. NOTES
START TRANSACTION [start_transaction(7)] has the same functionality as BEGIN. Use COMMIT [commit(7)] or ROLLBACK [rollback(7)] to terminate a transaction block. Issuing BEGIN when already inside a transaction block will provoke a warning message. The state of the transaction is not affected. To nest transactions within a transaction block, use savepoints (see SAVEPOINT [savepoint(7)]). For reasons of backwards compatibility, the commas between successive transaction_modes can be omitted. EXAMPLES
To begin a transaction block: BEGIN; COMPATIBILITY
BEGIN is a PostgreSQL language extension. It is equivalent to the SQL-standard command START TRANSACTION [start_transaction(7)], whose ref- erence page contains additional compatibility information. Incidentally, the BEGIN key word is used for a different purpose in embedded SQL. You are advised to be careful about the transaction semantics when porting database applications. SEE ALSO
COMMIT [commit(7)], ROLLBACK [rollback(7)], START TRANSACTION [start_transaction(7)], SAVEPOINT [savepoint(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 BEGIN(7)