Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting query to get a value from database Post 302151812 by vivek_damodaran on Monday 17th of December 2007 12:20:31 PM
Old 12-17-2007
Many thanks ermur....now its working

Cheers mate!!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

storing database query in a variable

I am executing a SQL query in Unix Server: select status,location from user_information where request_id='DS-43720' In shell script I am writing this query in the below manner: echo "select status,location from user_information where request_id='DS-43720' ;" >> $directory/info.sql ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: debu
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Database Query

Hi, Am using informix database. When i give "isqlrf <database name> - " from the command prompt , i get connected to the database and i can run sql queries.. I am moving to freeBSD and when i give the same command at the prompt i get an error : Index already exists on column Why is this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jisha
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

To spool output from a database query

Hi all, I would want to spool file for a database query, however by using crontab, the file is not spooled. Below shows my script: ORACLE_HOME="/u01/oraprod/perpdb/10.1.0/db_1" OUTFILE="/tmp/invalid.out" FILE="$HOME/admin/scripts" $ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus -s "/as sysdba"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: *Jess*
0 Replies

4. IP Networking

Network Tweaking - Database Query Across Internet

Hi We run a script that queries a database via the internet and we need the fast possible connections to the database server. I have centos server which sends the requests to the database across the internet . it sends upto 800 queries per milliseconds however this using the default... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: um08
4 Replies

5. Programming

Oracle Database Query

How can i modify the below to search for the things i'm looking for during a certain time frame? select Node, NodeAlias, Summary, Tally, AlertKey, AlertGroup, Manager, Agent from mrtg_alerts where LastOccurrence > '5-Dec-2010' order by Manager desc; In this particular case, this query is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with script to create users from database query

#!/bin/bash user=`mysql userList -uuserlist -puserlistpassword -s -N -e "SELECT userName FROM users WHERE activated='n'"` for i in $user; do useradd "$i" -m doneThis is what I have done so far. But obviously it still does not work. I'm trying to create users based on information stored in a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bucketuk
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run a remote database query?

Thank you for taking the time to read my issue. I need to set up a script to run from a wagon wheel type toplogy where 1 server needs to query about 10 to 15 remote servers for duplicate values in a database table. If a duplicate value is found, send an email to me( or wall command to console).... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lutador72
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print multiple rows from database query?

HI, I am having scenario like to print multipule rows from output of database query sample query i mentioned below code=`db2 -x select code,values from dummy` in the query output i am getting around 110 records with 2 columns. sample output pasted below code,value... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaskar v
3 Replies

9. Programming

Database query

I am getting an error function in date formate while importing the date ccolumn in oracle sql developer tool My date format in table is 6-Nov-14 and while importing its converted to 6/11/14 eventhough the format is as 6-Nov-14 in excel. could you please let help me out what I need to change... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkumar15
6 Replies

10. Programming

Hierarchical Query for Sybase database

Team I am using DBartisan tool for sybase database. I have a table that has below fields Employee_ID,EMP_Name,First_Nm,Last_Nm,Emp_Designation,Employee's_Manager is it possible to retrieve hierarchical data based on below fields Emp_Designation will have Soft Engg,SSE,Team Lead,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perlbaby
6 Replies
MSSQL_QUERY(3)															    MSSQL_QUERY(3)

mssql_query - Send MS SQL query

SYNOPSIS
mixed mssql_query (string $query, [resource $link_identifier], [int $batch_size]) DESCRIPTION
mssql_query(3) sends a query to the currently active database on the server that's associated with the specified link identifier. PARAMETERS
o $query - An SQL query. o $link_identifier - A MS SQL link identifier, returned by mssql_connect(3) or mssql_pconnect(3). If the link identifier isn't specified, the last opened link is assumed. If no link is open, the function tries to establish a link as if mssql_connect(3) was called, and use it. o $batch_size - The number of records to batch in the buffer. RETURN VALUES
Returns a MS SQL result resource on success, TRUE if no rows were returned, or FALSE on error. EXAMPLES
Example #1 mssql_query(3) example <?php // Connect to MSSQL $link = mssql_connect('KALLESPCSQLEXPRESS', 'sa', 'phpfi'); if (!$link || !mssql_select_db('php', $link)) { die('Unable to connect or select database!'); } // Do a simple query, select the version of // MSSQL and print it. $version = mssql_query('SELECT @@VERSION'); $row = mssql_fetch_array($version); echo $row[0]; // Clean up mssql_free_result($version); ?> NOTES
Note If the query returns multiple results then it is necessary to fetch all results by mssql_next_result(3) or free the results by mssql_free_result(3) before executing next query. SEE ALSO
mssql_select_db(3), mssql_connect(3). PHP Documentation Group MSSQL_QUERY(3)