Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ntop/Nmon alternatives
Operating Systems Linux ntop/Nmon alternatives Post 302151784 by satimis on Monday 17th of December 2007 10:16:46 AM
Old 12-17-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by sysgate
Performance is too general high level term, can you specify what exactly you need to monitor ?
Thanks for your advice.

No specific requirement for the time being. Just found it on Internet googling. Neither I have deep knowledge on this package. Before starting injecting effort on it I expect to know whether there are better alternatives avoiding spending time and effort on secondary tool.

Quote:
On the other hand, a tool similar to the above ones is "sar" - system activity report, part of "sysstat" package.
Whether you meant;
Sysstat - Free Software Directory - Free Software Foundation

TIA

satimis

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

Alternatives for sudo??

I am looking for an alternative for sudo in linux, where i need not type the password. OR is there any other version of 'growisofs', which can be executed under sudo??? As currently 'growisofs' refuses to start under sudo... Thanks in advance (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: sony star
12 Replies

2. Red Hat

Can't start NTOP service/daemon

I have installed version of ntop 4.0.3 by guide. But I can't start ntop daemon/service. I didn't find a service file for starting. During the installation there was no problem only want to RRDTool so I installed that. Now there is no necessary package required. I didn't find in /etc/init.d/... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: getrue
9 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

Snort/NTOP Placement

I have been asked to place 2 (1 NTOP & 1 SNORT) boxes within our network as part of our tool kit for network monitoring and Intrusion detection. Out network is very simplistic and it layed out like this: internet | | Cisco 1811 Router (8x Layer 2 switch ports) ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
0 Replies
uri_urn(3tcl)					    Tcl Uniform Resource Identifier Management					     uri_urn(3tcl)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
uri_urn - URI utilities, URN scheme SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.2 package require uri::urn ?1.1.2? uri::urn::quote url uri::urn::unquote url _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides two commands to quote and unquote the disallowed characters for url using the urn scheme, registers the scheme with the package uri, and provides internal helpers which will be automatically used by the commands uri::split and uri::join of package uri to handle urls using the urn scheme. COMMANDS
uri::urn::quote url This command quotes the characters disallowed by the urn scheme (per RFC 2141 sec2.2) in the url and returns the modified url as its result. uri::urn::unquote url This commands performs the reverse of ::uri::urn::quote. It takes an urn url, removes the quoting from all disallowed characters, and returns the modified urls as its result. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category uri of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
rfc 2141, uri, url, urn CATEGORY
Networking uri 1.1.2 uri_urn(3tcl)