Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: change time
Operating Systems Solaris change time Post 302151776 by bigearsbilly on Monday 17th of December 2007 09:27:12 AM
Old 12-17-2007
man -k nntp should do you,

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Time change not working...

Hi, I am pretty new to the Solaris world. Just installed the version 8 and found that the time is off. I am in the Central time zone. In the beginning, the date and time was off by a day. After changing the /etc/default/init, there is no avail. The date is now correct but the time is still 5 hours... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: conflansun
7 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Change time source?

I need to change the time on my SUN box, it is five minutes fast. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: michelemcdonald
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change time as root?

Hi, Can someone tell me how to change time inside red hat linux machine as root? ThanX! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: whatisthis
1 Replies

4. Linux

How To change time?

what command must i use to change time ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sirius
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change the time in AIX

I have already updated the DST change but my system time is about 10 minutes off. How do i set the time in the AIX 5.3? Thanks Dave (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rocker40
1 Replies

6. AIX

How to change time on servers

Hi all We are currently using AIX 5.3, we reuquire to change the time according to the daylight saving scenario. We are using the internal clock and are not synced with ntp server. Can any one please tell me how to do that without effecting the processes running on the servers? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: masquerer
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to change time hr:mm to mm:hr in perl

Hi I want to match time hr:mm and change to mm:hr please let me know how to do that in perl (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lakshmikant
2 Replies

8. AIX

AIX TIME CHANGE

Hi Guys , I see a weird problem with one of the AIX Machine, The time is changing randomly on the server. The seconds part of the time is what is the problem which is jumping on a uneven order and coming back to the original state after some time and again the same.. I have collected the time... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkeng808
8 Replies

9. Debian

change time

Hi all, I want change the time settings from EST to IST by using command line in Debian os. but it is not taken. Can any body show me the how to change the time settings by using command line. Thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mastansaheb
1 Replies
SEND-UUCP(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      SEND-UUCP(8)

NAME
send-uucp, send-nntp, send-ihave - send Usenet articles to remote site SYNOPSIS
{ send-nntp | send-uucp | send-ihave } [ -d ] sitename:hostname | sitename [ sitename:hostname | sitename .. ] DESCRIPTION
The send-* utilities are scripts that process the batch files written by innd(8) to send Usenet articles to a remote NNTP or UUCP site. The sites to be fed may be specified by giving sitename hostname pairs on the command line. The sitename is the label the site has in the newsfeeds file, the hostname is the real hostname of the remote site, a FQDN (Fully Qualified Domain Name) in the case of an NNTP host, or the UUCP name in the case of a UUCP host. Normally, the sitename and the hostname are the same, and as such don't have to be specified as sitename:hostname pairs but just as a sitename. send-uucp compresses batches of news and sends the to the remote site with uux. send-nntp Starts an innxmit to send the articles to the remote site. send-ihave encapsulates the articles in an ihave control message and uses inews to send the articles to a to.sitename pseudo-group. Using send-ihave is discouraged, nobody uses it anymore and even the author of this manpage is unsure as to how it actually works or used to work. send-* expect that the batchfile for a site is named <pathoutgoing in inn.conf>/sitename. To prevent batchfile corruption, shlock(1) is used to ``lock'' these files. OPTIONS
-d The ``-d'' flag causes nntpsend to send output to stdout rather than the log file <pathlog in inn.conf>/<program-name>.log. NOTES
You should probably not use send-nntp, but innfeed, or if that is not possible, nntpsend. The usual flags in the newsfeed file to write a batch file suitable for processing by send-uucp are Tf,Wfb . The usual flags for a batch file for send-nntp are Tf,Wfm SEE ALSO
newsfeeds(5), nntpsend(8) SEND-UUCP(8)