Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Log successful unix conditionals Post 302151761 by kadi on Monday 17th of December 2007 08:29:25 AM
Old 12-17-2007
Log successful unix conditionals

Dears,

Can anyone advise how to log successful conditionals (unix commands) from any ksh script?

For example, the code is as follows:

if <command>
then
Block1 of statements
else
Block2 of statements
fi

What needed exactly is to log "Block1 of statements" if its conditon is met.

Thanks for your feedback

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ideas for perl script - strings,conditionals..etc

I have a matrix , how do I compare all the elements of a column , lets say I want to check if the columns contain the alphabets "S","H","A","R","A","T". and not "X"s. Lets say matrix looks something like this .. SSSXSH HHXXHA AAXXAT RRRXRS AAXTAR TTTTTA I can hard code it where... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharatz83
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple Conditionals

Yet another question. I want to make something like this: if ||&& then ... fi but that apparently is not right. I want either the first condition to be true OR the second AND third conditions to be true for the "then" to be processed. How can I do this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jeriryan87
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using arrays with conditionals

Pardon the pseudo code below, but I'm wondering how I would do something along the lines of this... #!/bin/sh excludeList="A B" theItem="C" if then echo $theItem fi I know I could loop through the array and check against each value, but was wondering if there was an alternate way... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: myndcraft
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple conditionals in a while loop

Hi was wonderring about the syntax for the following peice of code: while ] ; do This is apparently incorrect. I want the loop to continue WHILE $life is not equal to zero or $mask is not equal to $word. Should ONE of these conditions fail to be met, loop should break out. Any ideas? ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: santeria
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get successful/unsuccessful FTP logs in UNIX

Hi, We have one UNIX Server (Sun Solaris), and the files coming to this server from another server. The problem is, that server is continously sending files to our server via FTP. But the observation is that some files missing in our Server but in that server it shows the files FTPed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikash.rastogi
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

mysql help : query with 2 conditionals

Hi there, I have a table that stores multiple records for many different servers, each of which is timestamped ... I wanted to write a query that would enable me to only output the "latest" record (based on timestamp) for each "unique" server. So for example my main table looks like this ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script no conditionals

Hello, pro scripters, noob here, I am complete noob in this and I have to write a program which: Calculates the modulus of two numbers which the user enters with keyboard. Number interval 1-9. These two numbers that were entered and modulus which was calculated are stored in a separate file.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: IrmantasID
1 Replies
Resurrector(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					    Resurrector(3)

NAME
Log::Log4perl::Resurrector - Dark Magic to resurrect hidden L4p statements DESCRIPTION
Loading "use Log::Log4perl::Resurrector" causes subsequently loaded modules to have their hidden ###l4p DEBUG(...) ###l4p INFO(...) ... statements uncommented and therefore 'resurrected', i.e. activated. This allows for a module "Foobar.pm" to be written with Log4perl statements commented out and running at full speed in normal mode. When loaded via use Foobar; all hidden Log4perl statements will be ignored. However, if a script loads the module "Foobar" after loading "Log::Log4perl::Resurrector", as in use Log::Log4perl::Resurrector; use Foobar; then "Log::Log4perl::Resurrector" will have put a source filter in place that will extract all hidden Log4perl statements in "Foobar" before "Foobar" actually gets loaded. Therefore, "Foobar" will then behave as if the ###l4p DEBUG(...) ###l4p INFO(...) ... statements were actually written like DEBUG(...) INFO(...) ... and the module "Foobar" will indeed be Log4perl-enabled. Whether any activated Log4perl statement will actually trigger log messages, is up to the Log4perl configuration, of course. There's a startup cost to using "Log::Log4perl::Resurrector" (all subsequently loaded modules are examined) but once the compilation phase has finished, the perl program will run at full speed. Some of the techniques used in this module have been stolen from the "Acme::Incorporated" CPAN module, written by chromatic. Long live CPAN! COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2002-2009 by Mike Schilli <m@perlmeister.com> and Kevin Goess <cpan@goess.org>. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.1 2010-02-07 Resurrector(3)