Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO ascii to binary conversion in sco 5.0.5 Post 302151752 by porter on Monday 17th of December 2007 06:49:21 AM
Old 12-17-2007
No, the technical term is "you have screwed the files up".

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Convert ASCII to BINARY

Here is what I did . . . . I FTP'd several *.pdf files from a web site to a UNIX server, and did not set the transfer mode to BIN, now Adobe thinks that the documents are corrupted. Is there a way to convert the *.pdf files to Binary so that Adobe can open them again. I would just re-download... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pc9456
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ascii conversion

after converting my ebcidic file to ascii i get the following output 2097152+0 records in 1797345+1 records out Why is there a difference in number of records. Is the converson chopping off any records. All i am doing is just a conversion using the following script dd if=xaa cbs=152 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rintingtong
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Binary or ascii file

I want to verify the file is Binary or ascii file and accordingly I want to switch the program with ret code ie 0 or success and 1 for failure Can any one help me is this a correct syntex...i am getting error #!/bin/ksh $file filename if echo "ascii fie Found" else echo " binary... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: u263066
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

binary to ascii

Hi, Is there a way to convert the binary file to ascii . the binary file is pipe delimited. from source the file(pipe delimited) is ftped to mainframe and from mainframe it is ftped to the unix box using binary format. Is there a way to change it back to ascii and view it? Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dnat
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ascii or Binary?

Hello all, I am working with ftp servers in unix, and always I have to get and put files but I don't know exactly if I have to get or put them as an ascii or binary. Some files that I use are: .txt, .sav, .fmb, .pct, .sh, .ksh, .dat, .log. Somebody can tell me what is the difference between... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Geller
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

binary to ascii conversion

Hi, I have got a library file, created by compiling C code. The file information with "file" command, gives it a "application/x-archive" type file. I want to extract the release string of my software from this file, so that i can know which version of C files were used to create the lib. Can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: atulmt
3 Replies

7. Solaris

EBCDIC to ASCII Binary conversion issue on Solaris i-series Unix

Hi All, I am facing EBCDIC to ASCII Binary conversion on Solaris i-series Unix system. However this is working fine on Solaris Sparc Unix system. Input file having EBCDIC format does not work on Solaris i-series Unix system. Could you please tell me, what will be the root cause for same? (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: amodkavi
14 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Conversion from ASCII to binary for physical simulation code in C/C++

Good evening, everybody A good math friend told me that it would be possible to shrink the size of the numerical datas I produce with a physical simulation code I programmed for my PhD. It usually writes at least 100 GB to complete the simulation, and it seems that it is too high. There are... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cybertib
7 Replies

9. Solaris

ASN Binary to ASCII

Dears, I need help to convert the binary file into ASCII format. Actually we have CDRs which is generated by telecom switch at this is in ASN1 format or binary format, I need to convert those binary formatted file into ASCII format using Perl, or shell scripting. Is there any way to solve... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: PRINCESS_RORO
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

File conversion from Binary to ASCII though UNIX command

Hi All , I have a mainframe file which contains the data in EBCDIC format.I have downloaded this file from mainframe to windows in binary format(unreadable raw data).Now I want convert this file to ASCII format(readable format data) through Unix command.I have tried iconv but that is not working... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: STCET22
2 Replies
term::send(n)							 Terminal control						     term::send(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
term::send - General output to terminals SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.4 package require term::send ?0.1? ::term::send::wrch chan str ::term::send::wr str _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides the most primitive commands for sending characters to a terminal. They are in essence convenient wrappers around the builtin command puts. ::term::send::wrch chan str Send the text str to the channel specified by the handle chan. In contrast to the builtin command puts this command does not termi- nate the string with a line terminator. It also forces an flush of Tcl internal and OS buffers to ensure that the characters are processed immediately. ::term::send::wr str This convenience command is like ::term::send::wrch, except that the destination channel is fixed to stdout. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category term of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
character output, control, terminal CATEGORY
Terminal control COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2006 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> term 0.1 term::send(n)