Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Pack current folder
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Pack current folder Post 302151725 by d0nny2600 on Monday 17th of December 2007 04:46:40 AM
Old 12-17-2007
re

So in which case.. tar the folders using the method outline before.

Unpack it into the dir. If it puts them in the incorrect directory just do a cp *.* and move them to the folder you want to use instead. This is a lot easier if you have a GUI to boot into!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use awk to create new folder in current directory

Alright, I am sure this is a laughable question, but I don't know so I am going to ask anyway. I have a little script I am writing to take information from one source, recode it in a certain way, and print to files for each subject I have data for. This all works perfectly. I just want to put... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccox85
6 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Checking Current Service Pack & Hot Fixes of XP

Dear Sir / Madam, With due respect, I am putting forwarad a question that whenever I am trying to check the current Service Pack & Hotfixes in Windows XP, I am getting the response like as under: (Windows can't find the" qfecheck.exe " check it again) in GUI mode ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: swapan
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find files in current folder only?

How do I find files in current folder only? We are on AIX 5.3, so maxdepth is not supported. I tried to do this find /dir1/dir2/dir3/dir4 -prune -type f to display all files in /dir1/dir2/dir3/dir4 only but it does not show any files. Somehow the -prune option works for dir3 level... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hangman2
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Zip recursive content of folder when (not current directory=

Hi, Is there a way to zip the content (recursively) of a folder other then the current directory, and keep the directory structure intact? Example: /var/tmp/myfolder ----------------- file1 ----------------- file2 ----------------- folder1 ------------------------ file3 Now I want... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimih
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting current folder name appended to all desired files

Hello everyone, Just registered here, I'm kinda new to Unix :o I've been trying to automate some processes with various Windows tools. I found that using unix scripts the result would be closest to my needs. So I installed Cygwin on Windows 7. My folders and files are structured like this:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: c_bg1
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search current folder and subfolders with grep

Hello, Neither ‘Grep -r' nor ‘grep -R' is working in my environment. (Searching for a text pattern in the files) Any suggestions... Using SunOS 5.9 Thanks, Trinanjan. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bhanja_trinanja
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tar file from current folder

Hello guys, I am sure this has been asked before, but honestly, I cant find post talking about it. Here is what I need: - A tar file will be generated manually by user - This tar file is then used within a bash shell script My source folder structure is like this: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manolain
2 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

List matching directories in current folder only on AIX

Hi, I need to find the list of matching direcories in current folder only and no subfolders on AIX.I tried -maxdepth option but its not working. Also, tried ls -d option to list the matching directories but getting argument list too long... So, any help would be appreciated. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachinkl
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

WHM Crontab and Folder Renaming to current date

Hello, i am trying to rename a folder named 'cpbackup' to current date in our WHM Root via setting up a cronetab entry. but the folder does not get renamed on the scheduled time :confused: */1 * * * * timestamp=$(date +%m%d%Y);/bin/mv /ac_backups/cpbackup /ac_backups/$timestamp (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kandyjet
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to ? same alias should respond differently based on current folder

Hi, I have to handle multiple projects at same time. And i have to go to a folder often in each project. So I have a alias to there. Lets say i am in project environment "sky" (pwd = /home/sky/sim/bla/). For this project i have stored the scripts in the folder lets say... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: microsim
3 Replies
NEW(1)                                                               [nmh-1.5]                                                              NEW(1)

NAME
new - report on folders with new messages fnext - set current folder to next folder with new messages fprev - set current folder to previous folder with new messages unseen - scan new messages in all folders with new messages SYNOPSIS
new [sequences] [-mode mode] [-folders foldersfile] [-version] [-help] fnext is equivalent to new -mode fnext fprev is equivalent to new -mode fprev unseen is equivalent to new -mode unseen DESCRIPTION
New in its default mode produces a one-line-per-folder listing of all folders containing messages in the listed sequences or in the sequences listed in the profile entry "Unseen-Sequence". Each line contains the folder, the number of messages in the desired sequences, and the message lists from the .mh_sequences file. For example: foo 11.* 40-50 bar 380. 760-772 824-828 total 391. The `*' on foo indicates that it is the current folder. The last line shows the total number of messages in the desired sequences. New crawls the folder hierarchy recursively to find all folders, and prints them in lexicographic order. Override this behavior by provid- ing foldersfile containing the pre-sorted list of folders new should check, one per line. In fnext and fprev modes, new instead changes to the next or previous matching folder, respectively. In unseen mode, new executes scan sequences for each matching folder. FILES
$HOME/.mh_profile The user profile PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine the user's nmh directory Current-Folder: To find the default current folder Unseen-Sequence: The name of the unseen message sequence SEE ALSO
scan(1), mh-format(5) HISTORY
Based on Luke Mewburn's new (http://www.mewburn.net/luke/src/new). MH.6.8 11 June 2012 NEW(1)